Trickster - Find Recently Used Files
By Apparent Software Inc.
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Trickster - Your files, at your fingertips!
If you work with files, Trickster is the ultimate productivity booster for you.
It gives you immediate access to your recently used documents, folders and applications.
All your important stuff is now just a couple of clicks away, accessible from your menu bar.
Did you just open a document in Pages? It’s in Trickster.
Did you just download a file? Don’t bother searching your downloads folder, Trickster has it just one click away.
Everything you were supposed to be working on is still in your menu bar, ready when you are.
What others are saying about Trickster?
- "Incredibly useful, nicely designed. The simple 'Help' is perfect" - Smile Software
- "A handy tool for tracking and working with documents, folders, and other data." - Macworld (4 mice)
- "Trickster is easy to figure out, fast, and looks nice." - $2-tuesday
- "Where Trickster does the trick for me is with its keyboard navigation." - Macstories
- "I’m always on the lookout for productivity boosters and Trickster has me in love." - TheNextWeb
Some of the things Trickster can do:
- Drag and drop files from Trickster to Finder or any other application like you'd do from Finder.
- Open files and applications from Trickster, preview them or reveal in Finder.
- Preset filters to only display images, audio files, videos, documents, applications, folders and specific locations.
- Create your own custom filters based on location, file types, Finder tags (on OS X 10.9) or string matching.
- Track only relevant files and ignore all the rest.
- Favorites "sticky" bar gives you fast access to your most frequently used files, folders and applications. Drop files on a 'favorite' folder to move it there or drop on a 'favorite' application to open it with that specific app.
- Add files to any notebook on Evernote
- Retina ready
Trickster is 100% keyboard-friendly. For ultimate productivity and speed, you can use it entirely without mouse or combine mouse with keyboard shortcuts and hotkeys.
What's New in Version 2.3.1
- Add support for Yosemite's dark mode menu bar
I work with lots of files every day and it is nice to be able to go to one place to find them. Sometimes I put the file in the wrong place and I used to have to search for it using Searchlight which until Yosemite never seemed to find anything. With Trickster, I can find the file is seconds and move it to the right place. I also use DropZone to keep track of some files that I used to keep on the desktop that I make reference to all the time, but see that I can make those files favorites in Trickster and delete DropZone. (I just did—sorry DropZone).
Excellent productivity app
Trickster is an immensely helpful menu bar app. I turn to it everyday to find recently used apps, edited or downloaded documents or pictures I am using for projects. It is fast, I am able to preview documents right from the list, and then move, copy or open them as needed. Highyl recommended.
Great work flow support app
Trickter is a daily use app in my menu bar to quickly find and filter recently used files for a seamless work flow. Easy to use and very useful. Customizable; a helpful utility on all of my Macs.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Oct 28, 2014
- Version: 2.3.1
- Size: 4.4 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Apparent Software Inc.
- © 2012 Apparent Software Inc.
Compatibility: OS X 10.8 or later, 64-bit processor