Trigonomics combines essential tools for calculating triangles, exploring the unit circle and waves, looking up identities, and graphing with custom functions.
1. Triangle Solver - Provide the minimum combination of triangle side lengths and angles and Trigonomics draws the resulting triangle.
• Calculates the area and perimeter
• Alerts you when entered values cannot create a triangle
• Detects ambiguous case when entered values can create two different triangles
• Change a single value or multiple values at a time
• Rotate the triangle
• Unit Circle - Understand the key relationships between an angle and its trig functions!
• Wave - See what happens to a wave when you adjust the amplitude, frequency, and phase.
• Right Triangle - Focus on a right triangle and all of its trig results.
3. Identities - Look up the most common (and some not-so-common) trig identities.
4. Graph - Plot up to three trigonometric functions at the same time.
• Enter your own custom functions!
• Draw once or loop the graph continuously
• Tap and hold on the graph to bring up a magnifying glass for precision
• See the unit circle being drawn as functions are plotted
Watch the video tour on our web site!
We welcome your feedback. Please visit our web site or write us from within the app!
- Getting caught up with hardware and iOS compatibility
- (And some artsy things like new icon color and new launch screen...)
Ratings and Reviews
Nice to reference unit circle
Im a student of ee and use it for referencing phase angles. It's useful to put your finger on the unit circle and see the outputs. I highly recommend the app for students!
Like the previous user stated this app is for educational purposes. I agree. As a student the explorers are very good to use when learning how to graph sinusoids w/ phase angles by hand (sig&systems).
A very nice feature is the function grapher. Easy inputs and UI makes this section nice to work with. I had a question about sinθcosθ and its amplitude. The function grapher plots the function and there's a table underneath to look up values. I highly recommend this feature!
I have had good interactions with the dev. I had purchased the base station app for my intro to dig systems class and notice the background made the numbers unreadable. After sending in a notice email, I received a prompt reply thanking me for the input and asking for more details. Within a few weeks a new update solved the problem. They are very eager to hear and implement input from black box sources! I really commend them for there programs.
Ok, but not as useful in practice
The triangle solver is very useful. You can anter any combination of sides and triangles and get the rest solved for you.
The unit circle is almost useless except as a study aid. It only allows select, standard angles (30, 45, 60, 90...), and only gives you the formulas for X and Y. Okay for student theory, but I was expecting a practical tool. I should be able to put in (or drag) any angle and any radius and get the X and Y solutions. Yes, you could get the answer on the triangle page, but the circle is more intuitive for certain mechanical designs.
Likewise, the graph page is purely academic. Nice but no ability to enter factors nor tap on the graph to get the accurate numerical value at a point.
Overall nice app, but for the price I expected more practical applications than textbook illustrations.
This application is not only a help to my high school student but also my engineers at work! It serves as a excellent tool to teach while showing examples on the screen! Thank You!
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.