Trill provides an anonymous and safe social network. Curated, moderated, and private, Trill fosters high-quality communities built upon support rather than judgment.
- Our first priority is your safety. On Trill, you don’t choose your own usernames, it’s assigned based on your color of choice.
- Trill is completely anonymous, so you can share your deepest, unfiltered thoughts. We don’t even need your email.
- Additionally, if you feel unsafe, or believe your username has been compromised, you can easily change your “identity”.
- Our moderators and proprietary machine learning work hand in hand to identify if a user plans to harm themselves, if a user is being harmed, or a user plans to harm someone else.
- Communities are smaller, tight knit groups of people that are decided based on your interests, or the tags you follow.
- They act as both support groups where you can share your thoughts in a smaller environment and as forums where interesting, in-depth conversations can take place between users.
- Each community is moderated by an approved Trill admin, who will provide ice breakers and moderate the community to ensure that it remains a safe environment for everyone in it.
- Follow the tags that interest you the most to customize your communities and feed. Make social media more than just a popularity contest.
This update includes bug fixes, a new feature that allows users to message other users from comments, and a new interactive tutorial.
Thanks for downloading and please keep checking back for new updates!
Ratings and Reviews
Okay but needs improvement
The concept behind this app is great, and the stripped down, easy-to-navigate UI is even better. One major issue I have with this app is not being able to filter posts you see, and member interactions, according to age range. There needs to be a filter of some kind, it would be easy to keep it from being able to be seen by members, so no privacy issues there, and it only needs to be an age range, not specific age. This would allow users to optionally avoid interacting with those much older, or much younger, than their age range. It’d be as simple as “Under 18) & (18+). Not having this filter could also have legal implications for the developers if anything unsavory happens as a result of interactions on the app.
I also think the communities idea is a great thing, but it’d be nice if there were a coming soon post or something, instead of a blank page. Everybody is very confused about that.
Being able to edit posts would be nice, and being able to delete old private message conversations would also be nice.
Thank you for the input! This is definitely a useful feature, and we've let our developers know about this possibility.
This app is so necessary and I am thrilled (no pun intended?) that a group of high schoolers built it who understand what our generation is experiencing. That being said, when I don’t have an internet connection, the app automatically force closes instead of loading and saying “no internet connection”. I think it’d be better to let the app load since it’d be misleading to just force close the app. Also, if tags were easier to find (since options are limitless it’s harder to find a constant stream of posts) that would make the app more useful. I truly believe in the potential in this app and can’t wait to see how much it improves :) great job ladies!
A good place to vent and share advice
I’ve been using this app from the very beginning of the beta and I’ve seen it evolve and grow. It’s a really good idea but I think more people need to use it so you can check on it regularly and find more than like 5 new posts. It’s kind of interesting reading other people’s stories and giving advice, and it’s a much better place to vent than other social medias. The app design itself could be perfected, but it doesn’t really effect the performance. I would definitely recommend this app to any teen out there that needs support, has questions, or is overall just trying to be a good person.
- Logical Nonsense, LLC
- 46.9 MB
- Social Networking
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this app.
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Frequent/Intense Mature/Suggestive Themes
- © Trill Project, Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.