By Cerulean Studios, LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Trillian is an instant messaging app that works on phones, tablets, and desktops while keeping your chats neatly synchronized between all of them! We think conversation should be easily shared between all of your devices, not trapped as text messages on your phone. Here's how we do it:
• INSTANT MESSAGING: Your unique Trillian username can be used to send unlimited messages free of charge. Trillian uses your existing data plan and/or WiFi.
• ANYWHERE: Trillian's continuous client feature delivers your chats instantly between all of your connected devices. In addition, Trillian automatically silences push notifications on mobile devices if you're active on a desktop - no more dealing with a phone buzzing on your desk all day!
• SIMPLE: Trillian places a strong emphasis on fast and reliable message delivery and a beautiful, easy-to-use interface.
• SECURE: All communication with Trillian servers uses TLS to ensure third-parties can't read your chats.
• INTEROPERABLE: Of course, Trillian wouldn't be Trillian without support for Facebook Chat, MSN, Google Talk, AIM, ICQ, Yahoo!, and Jabber.
What's New in Version 3.0
iOS 8 compatibility, many new features and bug fixes.
Want to love it
I always loved Trillian for a messaging application. Years and years ago when I made the switch from a PC to a Mac I was very sad that I couldn't use Trillian on a Mac (years and years ago, as I said!). Eventually that changed and I was thrilled. The desktop version of Trillian for Mac never quite compared to the original PC version, but nonetheless it was Trillian and that made me happy. I was thrilled that you created an app for use with iPhone, again it was never quite the same as the desktop version, and leaps and bounds lesser than the PC desktop version, but it was still Trillian. I use messaging via AIM and such much less than I used to, but Trillian is my go-to app for it. Trillian is the only app I use for messaging via AIM or Google chats or any of the others. I have always loved Trillian. The latest update is less than satisfactory, reasons which have been outlined in other reviews. A bit of tweaking to fix these complaints and it's back to 5 stars. As I said in the title- I want to love Trillian, I want to be a loyal customer, I just need Trillian to want my loyalty and my happiness in return.
The worst, please fix!
This new update is AWFUL. The inability to swipe left and right to other convos is unacceptable. It no longer tells me within one convo if another has responded, soI have to constantly check on the bl to see if they have. How is that at ALL helpful or convenient?? The fact that when you switch from app to computer, it still shows the names as the other persons aim sn is horrible. (Ex: my sn is abc123, I'm chatting on the app with cde345 and when I switch to the computer it lists all sent/received as cde345). If I have two sns that both have one sn added (abc123 and ghi678 both have cde345 listed), and I'm trying to start a convo with cde345 from abc123 through this app, I can't tell if it'll send from that or ghi678. This is hugely annoying and should be rectified instead of making the app LESS accessible. This is a great cross platform app, I love it, but you need to work on flaws before unleashing a monster update that's much more frustrating to use. Please, please, please fix these issues!!
Great IM client
It's not as seamless as meebo used to be (although I am using the free version, not the paid version with web history sync and such). Doesn't seem to maintain status state between clients (eg if I set to "away" on my Mac, then check the iPhone, Trillian still says I'm "online", and I have no idea what the networks show my status as. Other than that, it's great. New update finally follows Apple Human Interface guidelines, so yay! For the complainers, you'll get used to it. You're not used to it because other apps keep breaking the guidelines.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Social Networking
- Updated: May 01, 2015
- Version: 3.0
- Size: 11.8 MB
- Languages: English, Bulgarian, Czech, Dutch, French, German, Hebrew, Hungarian, Italian, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Slovak, Spanish, Ukrainian
- Seller: Cerulean Studios, LLC
- © 2015 Cerulean Studios, LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Trillian Pro - One Month$1.99
- Trillian Pro - One Year$19.99