Trillian is an instant messaging app that works on phones, tablets, and desktops while keeping your chats neatly synchronized between all of them! We think conversation should be easily shared between all of your devices, not trapped as text messages on your phone. Here's how we do it:
• INSTANT MESSAGING: Your unique Trillian username can be used to send unlimited messages free of charge. Trillian uses your existing data plan and/or WiFi.
• ANYWHERE: Trillian's continuous client feature delivers your chats instantly between all of your connected devices. In addition, Trillian automatically silences push notifications on mobile devices if you're active on a desktop - no more dealing with a phone buzzing on your desk all day!
• SIMPLE: Trillian places a strong emphasis on fast and reliable message delivery and a beautiful, easy-to-use interface.
• SECURE: All communication with Trillian servers uses TLS to ensure third-parties can't read your chats.
• INTEROPERABLE: Of course, Trillian wouldn't be Trillian without support for Facebook Chat, Google Talk, ICQ, and Jabber.
iPhone X support and bug fixes. Full changelog: https://www.trillian.im/changelog/ios/6.1/
Ratings and Reviews
Some more features needed...
I use Trillian at work. It is a great app for communication around our hospital and even within our clinic. It could almost replace my pager except for a few key things surrounding the notifications. They are just not annoying enough. The trillian noise is so soft and soothing that it is really easy to ignore. I wish there were options to use a different noise (something more annoying) and set it so that it continues to repeat a notification until it is read or actively deferred. As it exists right now I still have to carry a pager becuase I often miss the mobile notifications becuase of the above reasons. I think this is a simple fix and it would really make this a 5 star business messaging solution for hospitals and clinics. Thanks.
Good but room for improvement
The flexibility between devices is a good feature however I would like to see thunb print lock or at least password for privacy/security. I agree with the idea of having sent/read feature. Currently it is unclear if a message has been read. Also, would like the ability to use bitmoji keyboard in Trillian. Lastly, it would be nice to be able to easily write paragraphs rather than run-on’s. On the phones if one hits return the message is sent even though it may not be completed. This can be avoided by using dictation (speaking “new paragraph”). But dictation is often inaccurate therefore proofing and editing is required.
Thanks for providing message option
Often unreliable; Occasionally unusable.
I’m a lifetime member and have been using Trillian for a very long time. This app can be a great supplement to the desktop app, but unfortunately it rarely works properly. The alerts are actually pretty good... I get them on my phone and watch, and can reply from the watch... however sometimes they just don’t come through. But often when I go to reply from the phone, the messages are not there. When I click on a contact, I get the spinny wheel indefinitely (or as long as my patience can tolerate - which is not long). It’s sad because with some efficiency coding and minor advances (like a quick option to just send the last photo) this could be a 5 star app.
- Cerulean Studios, LLC
- 23.2 MB
- Social Networking
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Bulgarian, Czech, Dutch, French, German, Hebrew, Hungarian, Italian, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Slovak, Spanish, Ukrainian
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2018 Cerulean Studios, LLC
- In-App Purchases
- Trillian Pro - One Month $1.99
- Trillian Pro - One Year $19.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.