By Cerulean Studios, LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Trillian is an instant messaging app that works on phones, tablets, and desktops while keeping your chats neatly synchronized between all of them! We think conversation should be easily shared between all of your devices, not trapped as text messages on your phone. Here's how we do it:
• INSTANT MESSAGING: Your unique Trillian username can be used to send unlimited messages free of charge. Trillian uses your existing data plan and/or WiFi.
• ANYWHERE: Trillian's continuous client feature delivers your chats instantly between all of your connected devices. In addition, Trillian automatically silences push notifications on mobile devices if you're active on a desktop - no more dealing with a phone buzzing on your desk all day!
• SIMPLE: Trillian places a strong emphasis on fast and reliable message delivery and a beautiful, easy-to-use interface.
• SECURE: All communication with Trillian servers uses TLS to ensure third-parties can't read your chats.
• INTEROPERABLE: Of course, Trillian wouldn't be Trillian without support for Facebook Chat, MSN, Google Talk, AIM, ICQ, Yahoo!, and Jabber.
What's New in Version 3.0
iOS 8 compatibility, many new features and bug fixes.
The worst, please fix!
This new update is AWFUL. The inability to swipe left and right to other convos is unacceptable. It no longer tells me within one convo if another has responded, soI have to constantly check on the bl to see if they have. How is that at ALL helpful or convenient?? The fact that when you switch from app to computer, it still shows the names as the other persons aim sn is horrible. (Ex: my sn is abc123, I'm chatting on the app with cde345 and when I switch to the computer it lists all sent/received as cde345). If I have two sns that both have one sn added (abc123 and ghi678 both have cde345 listed), and I'm trying to start a convo with cde345 from abc123 through this app, I can't tell if it'll send from that or ghi678. This is hugely annoying and should be rectified instead of making the app LESS accessible. This is a great cross platform app, I love it, but you need to work on flaws before unleashing a monster update that's much more frustrating to use. Please, please, please fix these issues!!
Great IM client
It's not as seamless as meebo used to be (although I am using the free version, not the paid version with web history sync and such). Doesn't seem to maintain status state between clients (eg if I set to "away" on my Mac, then check the iPhone, Trillian still says I'm "online", and I have no idea what the networks show my status as. Other than that, it's great. New update finally follows Apple Human Interface guidelines, so yay! For the complainers, you'll get used to it. You're not used to it because other apps keep breaking the guidelines.
Not liking it...
Did not appreciate the forced and sudden update. New format is horrible since the chat windows are off to the right side instead of being centered making reading them awkward. What makes it worse is that now the contacts list is always visible as there's no option to hide it. But the most horrible feature? Now when you send images they don't stay chronological, they stay at the bottom of the chat window with no way to delete them. This update is so bad it made me write a review and i NEVER write reviews, so that's saying something.
- Category: Social Networking
- Updated: May 01, 2015
- Version: 3.0
- Size: 11.8 MB
- Languages: English, Bulgarian, Czech, Dutch, French, German, Hebrew, Hungarian, Italian, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Slovak, Spanish, Ukrainian
- Seller: Cerulean Studios, LLC
- © 2015 Cerulean Studios, LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.
Top In-App Purchases
- Trillian Pro - One Month$1.99
- Trillian Pro - One Year$19.99