Trimble Connect is a project collaboration platform built for construction industry. Project stakeholders can easily share, comment on, and manage the latest project documents, photos, drawings, and 3D models through the cloud across the design, build, and operate phases of a project. This information can be seamlessly accessed across Desktop, Web, or Mobile environments depending on a stakeholder’s role or tasks.
Trimble Connect Mobile App is simple to use and specifically designed for professionals working in remote or field environments such as the construction job site manufacturing facilities, or in project meetings or presentations. It is designed for one click access to the specific information needed to complete tasks that have been organized by the back office using Trimble Connect for Web or Desktop. Project information and files can be stored locally in the mobile application for offline use where internet access isn’t always accessible. Any new Tasks, called ToDo’s, can be created or modified while offline, then synchronized to the cloud once reconnected to the internet.
One key differentiating feature within Trimble Connect Mobile App is its high-performance 3D model viewer. Large complex detailed construction models created by a variety of different Building Information Modeling (BIM) applications in multiple formats (IFC, SKP, RVT, DWG, etc.) can be quickly loaded, overlaid, and easily navigated through in a simple intuitive touch based interface.
Requires a Trimble Connect Account.
For more information on Trimble Connect see: http://connect.trimble.com/
1. Object Links - Support for creation and visualization in model viewer.
2. Object Links - Add URLs, existing files and create new ToDo as link types to objects.
3. Team Invite - Support for company listing and adding new users from their companies.
4. Model Viewer - Ability to visualize models with large co-ordinates (civil models).
5. ToDo Details - UX revamped to provide easy contextual information.
6. Object Properties - Support for marking properties as favorites and provide automatic sums.
7. Object Properties - UX revamped to provide easy selection/deselection in model viewer.
8. Views Parity - Support for visualizing views with hierarchical objects in model viewer.
1. Models Download - Easy download and launch workflow.
2. Model Viewer - Visualizing multiple show/hide of models in viewer.
3. User Details - UX Improvements.
4. Team Listing - Usability improvements for inviting new users.
5. General improvements to Sync behavior.
6. Bug fixes and other improvements.
Ratings and Reviews
I can't open any of my .skp files. When I try to download them in the app I get the error message "download failed. Viewer data processing failed".
This app is great and runs smoothly on my iPhone and iPad. It's so much better than using Tekla BIMSight, and from what I read on the support forums apparently this app is meant to replace BIMSight in general on the PC platform and overall (since only BIMSight note is on iOS and doesn't display actual models). For being iOS it isn't perfectly smooth, but it sure is close. I'd like to see the ability to add comments on the iOS platform and I'd like to see the ability to view the text notes I make on the PC version as well. Some increased server speed syncing would be nice since the thumbnail image I replaced still hasn't shown up since I changed it a few minutes ago. Also when the image does show up the aspect ration of the image needs to be dynamic so it doesn't "squeeze" the rectangular image into a square. You guys at Trimble are doing a great job! Kudos! -J Self.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.