Trimble Outdoors Navigator
By Trimble Navigation Limited
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
+ Offline maps for your iPhone. Save topo maps and aerial images on your iPhone then go anywhere.
+ Keep track of your exact location in remote areas using the GPS chip in your iPhone. Trimble Outdoors Navigator does not need a cell or data connection.
+ Designed and tested by avid outdoor enthusiasts.
+ Watch video at http://youtu.be/Q95tBOh8EDQ
Change the way you explore. Trimble Outdoors Navigator is a GPS navigation and mapping app for all your outdoor and backcountry adventures. View more than 68,000 topo maps in US and Canada, as well as aerial, terrain, and street maps. Mark waypoints, capture photos and video and store all your trip info on the Trip Cloud, a wireless service that allows you to access your trips on any device.
This app is BEST FOR: GPS route finding; map and compass navigation; offline topo maps; recording trips like hiking, hunting, camping, backcountry skiing, paddling, ATV riding, offroading, snowshoeing.
** START WITH GREAT MAPS **
• View five different map types: streets, hybrid, aerial, topo and terrain.
• Take your maps anywhere. Save topo maps and aerial images on your iPhone for offline viewing in far-flung places without the need of a cellular or data signal. Just preview the maps you want before you leave for the trip.
• Create map packs to store maps on your phone. This app allows you to save topos (MyTopo), aerials (Bing), streets (OSM), and terrain (OCM) map types on your phone.
• Get worldwide aerial images on your iPhone.
• Get exclusive and enhanced topo maps from MyTopo. Access more than 68,000 topo maps in US and Canada that are seamlessly stitched together for fast and easy viewing. Topos scales are 1:24K in the Lower 48, 1:63K in Alaska and 1:50K in Canada.
** POWERFUL NAVIGATION TOOLS **
Digital Compass: Navigate with digital compass. Choose between: Magnetic North and True North.
Waypoints: Mark waypoints like trailheads, summits, important turns, and campsites on to the map. Add names and detailed descriptions. Go to previous marked waypoints too.
Tracks: Track your route on the map.
Goto: Use the Goto feature to navigate from your current location to a waypoint.
Coordinates: Match your latitude/longitude or UTM coordinates to your paper map or GPS device. Supported map datum: WGS84 and NAD27.
Guide Trips: Use trips previously recorded by you or others to help guide you on the trail, on remote backroads, and more.
** CHRONICLE YOUR ADVENTURE **
Capture Media: Take geo-tagged photos, videos and audio clips of your trip
Stat Tracking: See 10+ adventure stats, such as distance, speed, elevation and more
Share with Friends: Share your adventure on Facebook, YouTube and Trimble Outdoors website.
Trips: Access to thousands trips around the U.S. and Canada
** SAVE TO THE TRIP CLOUD **
Register a free account to save your outdoor trips to our Trip Cloud. Benefits include:
• Store and backup unlimited trips. Never lose files again.
• Auto-sync trips between your computer, iPhone and iPad.
• Enhance trips from Trimble Outdoors Navigator with map tools at the Trimble Outdoors website, including .gpx import, geo-tagged photos and videos, turn-by-turn routes and more. (Elite or Trip Planner membership required)
• Open trips in our iPad trip-planning app, Trimble Outdoors MyTopo Maps.
• Share trips with the Trimble Outdoors community or privately between outdoor friends.
** LEARN MORE **
Visit our website and check out thousands of trips submitted by the Trimble Outdoors community. Click over to: trimbleoutdoors.com.
Feedback Wanted: Found a bug? Want a new feature? Drop us a line on our Facebook page, facebook.com/trimbleoutdoors.
Note: Trimble Outdoors Navigator is designed for your iPhone device. Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
What's New in Version 5.6.13
Added the ability to update Off-The-Grid Maps
Nothing but problems since update
The Trimble topo app worked great on my IPad and my new IPhone 6 until Trimble automatically installed the update (without my knowledge or consent) in the end of 2014. The update deleted all of the CA county maps I had spent hours downloading and then crashed leaving me with no navigation on a remote backcountry trip. I have installed and reinstalled since and gotten help from tech support but there is still one problem after another. Now it does not find my location even though I have enabled that function. A large county map I tried to download twice will not install or open. This version is useless and even dangerous in its lack of function.
New update reduces performance
The recent app update causes the location to update much slower than the previous version and often requires and hard close of the app to return an accurate position. If the phone goes into sleep mode it takes much longer to get back to where you were tracking or taking points. Almost makes it unusable for taking a quick point in the field.
PayPal, poor choice!
PayPal has been a pain in my neck! A couple years ago I had the same issue, PayPal wants to verify and authenticate your account... no biggie. Problem is the one card I had on file from years ago I no longer have. I can't verify and it gives no option to correct this, just the option to log out. What can't I just pay Trimble with my card?
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Navigation
- Updated: Feb 20, 2015
- Version: 5.6.13
- Size: 33.1 MB
- Languages: English, Bokmål, Norwegian, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Trimble Navigation Limited
- © 2015 Trimble Navigation, Ltd.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Top In-App Purchases
- Elite Monthly Membership$2.99
- Elite Yearly Membership$29.99
- Mega Offline Maps - County$19.99
- Public Land Maps$9.99
- Mega Offline Maps - State$69.99
- Forest Roads$9.99
- Mega Offline Maps - National Park$19.99
- PLATinum Yearly Subscription$39.99
- Add PLATinum to your Current Elite subscription$19.99
- Weather Maps$9.99