Welcome to TriMet’s official mobile ticketing app! Purchase and use your fare instantly with your phone — anywhere, anytime.
WHAT YOU'LL LOVE:
• Buy and use fares instantly
• No paper fares to keep track of
• No need to carry cash, count exact change or find a ticket machine
• Store multiple tickets on your phone for future use
• Option to pay and use multiple fares at once — good for groups
• Secure system for registering and remembering your credit/debit card
• Purchase tickets on your phone or using the website
• Find nearby rides to get you to and from your stop or station
HOW IT WORKS:
1. Select rider type: Adult, Honored Citizen or Youth
2. Choose your fare: 2½-Hour Ticket, 1-Day Pass, 7-Day Pass, 14-Day Pass or 30-Day Pass
3. Choose quantity: Buy fare for the day or multiple tickets to use later. ($5 minimum purchase)
4. Check out: Pay with Visa, MasterCard, Discover or American Express
WHAT PEOPLE ARE SAYING:
“Love the convenience of being able to buy tickets at home (or anywhere, really) and use them right on the spot at any bus stop or MAX station.”
“Very convenient for purchasing and using fares.”
“Simple and easy to use. And multifunctional to suit about any situation related to purchasing tickets. A virtual ticketing kiosk in my pocket.”
“I have wanted to use my phone as my pass for a while. Don't have to worry about not having a fare or exact change.”
“Way easier than going somewhere to buy tickets.”
“The app is reliable, quick and so easy to manage.”
Q: Do I need to be connected to the internet to use the app?
You will need an Internet connection, using either data or wifi, to purchase tickets and receive the correct day code. Once the app gets this code for the day, you’ll be able to activate and use your tickets without a connection.
Q: What if my battery dies?
Just like with paper tickets, you're responsible for making sure you have a valid fare at all times, so be sure you have enough charge to last your entire trip!
Q: How do I activate a ticket?
Tap “Use” on a ticket before you board — the best time to do this is usually when you see your bus or train approaching. If you’re at a MAX station where fares are required, make sure to activate your ticket before entering the paid fare zone.
Q: Do I need to make an account?
An account is required to purchase tickets beginning with version 1.7.1833.
iOS versions 11.0 or above (iPhone only)
An internet connection is required to purchase tickets, but not to use them.
STAY IN TOUCH:
Learn more about TriMet mobile ticketing and sign up for email updates at trimet.org/app. Email us with feedback or suggestions at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Requires that customers create an account before making a purchase
Ratings and Reviews
App won’t load
Apparently you need WiFi in order to open the app, even after you purchase and “activate” a ticket.
So even if you activate your ticket at home, when you are at the bus stop, it won’t work. Very frustrating and the drivers don’t care if the app is malfunctioning, even once you show them.
Would recommend a Hop card or getting physical tickets from the office at pioneer courthouse square.
I like being able to purchase my tickets ahead and prefer this over TriMet’s new Hop system. I have forgotten to tap before boarding the MAX and the readers aren’t always convenient. I also like how I can launch multiple tickets for my family.
Unreliable. Switch to HOP card.
Before the HOP card I used this app and it was very unreliable. If you get logged out and don’t have data/ WiFi on your device, good luck getting a driver to care. The HOP card is a better, more reliable source, use that instead.
- TRI-COUNTY METROPOLITAN TRANSPORTATION DISTRICT OF OREGON
- 24.2 MB
- Requires iOS 9.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © TriMet
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.