Do more and plan less. Get things off your mind and into a trusted system. Get things done without stress.
Manage your commitments as Next Actions and Projects. DoNext helps you to pick what to do next. No need to constantly rethink your tasks.
DoNext assists you in two things: (1) Add and (2) Do.
(1) Add - Decide your Project and Next Action
Whenever you think of something e.g. "Rome vacation" enter the idea into DoNext. Later decide 2 things:
• PROJECT: Desired outcome - How does success looks like, e.g. "Have fight ticket to Paris".
• NEXT-ACTION: Physical next step - The next thing you can do towards the project, e.g. "search flight to Paris" with the context "online". A context is the location, situation or person required to do the next-action.
(2) Do - Select your List
Whenever you decide what to do next, filter in DoNext by context e.g. „market“, „online“, „team-meeting“, or „partner“ then pick a Next Action.
• Tap a Next Action in the list to mark it as completed.
• Completed items disappear the next day. You can still find all the actions in the search screen.
• Decide the Next Action without moving your fingers from your keyboard. Swipe down in a list to create a Next Action for it.
• Jot down ideas on the go: See Actions which need a context in the inbox.
• Dynamic filters: Switching the context of an Action takes only 3 taps.
• Go to links, edit or delete items by swiping them left.
• Use Siri Shortcuts in iOS 12 to quickly go to a list.
• Pull down in a list to create a similar Next Action.
• End the next-action with "," to create an additional Next Action with the same Context.
HERE IS WHY YOU WILL LOVE IT
Benefits of (1) Add: Experience a great sense of clarity and perspective. Decided the Next Action for all your open loops. Splitting up all your desired outcomes in tiny Projects gives you great perspective. Since you only focus on the immediate Next Action you won‘t spend a lot of time on planing each Project.
DoNext makes it feasible to have hundreds of Next Actions at the same time. If you don't have a system for your smaller commitments your head attempts to do it for you. If you don’t write a thought down and decide on it, you probably will be stressed about it again later without making progress on it.
Benefits of (2) Do: Experience a great sense of focus, instead of rethinking your options all the time. Free your head from rethinking all your tasks. Working from your lists keeps your lists of To-Dos actionable and relevant. No need for manual task order, subsequent actions, "today view" or due reminders. Items are automatically sorted.
HOW DONEXT FITS IN YOUR EXISTING WORKFLOW
Ensure every item in DoNext could be done by you right now. Plan complex Projects where you need to track more than the Next Action on a separate document or system. Add the actions to DoNext as they become Next Actions. Create a tag PROJECTS and fill it with all your desired end results with multiple steps, e.g. "Organise flight to Italy". Decide the Next Action for each item in your inbox.
Schedule time specific actions in your calendar. For all ASAP tasks use DoNext. Make DoNext your major source of todos for deciding what to do next.
MADE FOR GETTING THINGS DONE
"Your mind is for having ideas, not holding them" - David Allen
DoNext is designed for extensive use of Getting Things Done - GTD: A popular self-management methodology that enables you to achieve stress-free productivity. DoNext is a todo list app that helps you put those steps into practice.
GTD® and Getting Things Done® are registered trademarks of the David Allen Company. DoNext is not affiliated with or endorsed by the David Allen Company.
DoNext is free. Pro features to make the app even more powerful will be added later. Let us know which task list app features would help you to get more things done.
If you have any feedback or questions, we love to hear from you! Tap on "feedback" in the app to contact us.
• Improved design of the inbox buttons to be more intuitive.
• Improved missing context hint in the add next-action screen: The app shows you when the next-action needs a context.
Thank you for the feedback and review. Please tap the feedback button in the search screen of DoNext.
Ratings and Reviews
On my way to Getting Things Done!
Right away I could organize my projects and tasks and clearly see what I need to do next. Having an organized list of actionable tasks will help me get more done in less time, and I won’t worry that I’ve forgotten something.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.