By Dejan Petrovski
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Trip Player is your private little diary of locations that you've visited and map animation generator for your route.
Perfect for people who want to keep track of visited places during travel, bookmark their favourite places or simply to mark place and time of some special and personal moments that have happened.
Your GPS location is central in Trip Player, because new entry can be made only if your device detects your location. Next, location should be assigned to a trip, while location name, note and photo are optional.
Video demo: youtu.be/cq2GiqSwjAE
• Simple and easy app that can be used immediately - no sign-up or any account creation required
• Statistics: you will know how many locations you have visited, together with number of trips and different years, months and days when these locations were recorded
• Breakdown and timeline of your locations by trip, year, month or day
• Map view: explore on map locations from any timeline - all at once or one by one
• Map animation of your route with zooming to every visited location on your device or in 720p resolution via AirPlay on Apple TV (2nd generation or newer). Three types of animations are available with different zoom levels and duration.
• Private and personal app - trips and location data, together with notes and photos are stored on your device only
• Option for Touch ID authentication on app opening (iOS 8 and device with Touch ID sensor required)
• iCloud backup/restore of trips and locations data is available but it's done only manually, when and if you decide to do it
• No data connection required for adding a location, because no mapping or geocoding is done at that time. Geocoding is available, if you need it.
• Fair battery usage during GPS operations - they are used only while adding a new location. There is no need for continuos GPS tracking and excessive battery drain during your trip.
Trip Player stores your location and other data on your device only. No external servers, social networks or so.
The application itself will not send your raw trips and location data to the outside world except in the situations that follow.
Trip Player will send trips/locations data selected by you to Apple servers if you choose to do a backup to iCloud from within the app.
Trip Player also uses Apple Maps and geocoding services and they both take GPS coordinates as input.
Refer to Apple's terms for privacy, data and data connection usage or any other matter of concern while using these services.
iPod touch USERS
iPod touch doesn't has GPS chip built-in, so determining your location is limited to areas with WiFi signal/network. Do not expect location accuracy typical for iPhone.
That said, adding a new location in the app won't be possible in areas where your iPod touch cannot determine your location.
Other features of the app work the same way as on iPhone.
What's New in Version 1.8
• Optimizations for bigger screens
• Minor enhancements
- Category: Lifestyle
- Updated: Nov 24, 2015
- Version: 1.8
- Size: 7.1 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Dejan Petrovski
- © 2013 Dejan Petrovski
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.