TripAdvisor Hotels Flights Restaurants
By TripAdvisor LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Millions of traveler reviews, photos, and maps from TripAdvisor. Plan and have your perfect trip. With over 150 million reviews and opinions by travelers, TripAdvisor makes it easy to find the lowest airfare, best hotels, great restaurants, and fun things to do, wherever you go. And booking options for hotels, restaurants and flights are just a tap away.
The TripAdvisor mobile app is free and easy to use.
• Browse millions of reviews, opinions, videos and candid photos by travelers
• Find the best hotel for you, including Travelers' Choice award winners
• Explore restaurants and reserve tables online
• Discover cool things to do in any destination
• Compare airfares and find great deals
• Use Near Me Now to discover places near your current location
• Get answers to your specific travel questions in the forums
• Add your own reviews and photos
• Download maps, reviews, and your saves for over 300 cities worldwide onto your phone for free; avoid using expensive data roaming plans while you travel
What's New in Version 9.6.1
New for iPhone
• Newly designed city overview page.
- Familiarize yourself with many worldwide destinations through city descriptions.
- Plan day trips by searching for popular cities nearby your intended destinations.
• Redesigned hotel check out experience.
***Love our free app? Please help us out and take a moment to review us on the App Store!***
Why can't I see if my reviews have been helpful?
I'm a top contributor on TA. I love the app and use it all the time. Therefore I like to give back and I CONTRIBUTE REVIEWS...But I despise how I can't see if my reviews have been helpful via the app! I literally have to go out to a web browser and try to drill in on my reviews like a sleuth! How's a sista sposed to know if her reviews are on point? Also why does it sometimes take over a week before my reviews and photos are posted? By the time they're posted they are buried under newer reviews and presumably never seen by anyone, therefore they are of no help. I don't know if this is a glitch or a problem with TA staffing but it's very discouraging. If it's going to take a week for my reviews to be posted, then at least someone could bump up the review date so they are "visible."
Most loved app
Instead of spending hundreds more per night for a luxe room, I now trust highly rated hotels that are a fraction of the price. I never minded a less luxurious hotel but I always felt like I was taking a shot in the dark with less expensive ones. No longer. TripAdvisor takes most of the uncertainty out of the process. I have found hotels for less than a hundred dollars with excellent ratings, tried them and the reviews have always been right. The app itself is easy to use and gets more than the job done. Thanks TripAdvisor for saving me money and making my family thank me for great choices (which they know now to be my magic app).
Misled by $$$ key
I love trip advisor and I have been using the web site long before I had the app. I have loved the app from the day I installed it on my first iPhone. I just want to voice one complaint about their dollar rating system. My husband and I took my in-laws to Roy's Hawaiian Restaurant going by the guide of $$. We assumed it meant 2 dollar signs would be about $15 to $20. The very least expensive item on the menu was $27. The food was delicious and the service was good, but it was a very awkward situation. My in-laws felt uncomfortable and we were placed in an embarrassing situation. The didn't want to order anything. I think you, trip advisor, should have some published standards if you want your users to trust you in the future.
- Category: Travel
- Updated: Feb 19, 2015
- Version: 9.6.1
- Size: 56.0 MB
- Languages: English, Bokmål, Norwegian, Chinese, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hu, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Ko, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Vietnamese
- Seller: TripAdvisor
- © 2015 TripAdvisor LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.