TripAdvisor Hotels Flights Restaurants
By TripAdvisor LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Millions of traveler reviews, photos, and maps from TripAdvisor. Know better, book better and go better. With over 350 million reviews and opinions by travelers, TripAdvisor makes it easy to find the lowest airfare, best hotels, great restaurants, and fun things to do, wherever you go. And booking options for hotels, restaurants and flights are just a tap away.
The TripAdvisor mobile app is free and easy to use.
• Browse millions of reviews, opinions and candid photos by travelers
• Find the best hotel for you, including Travelers' Choice award winners
• Explore restaurants and reserve tables online
• Discover cool things to do in any destination
• Compare airfares and find great deals
• Use Near Me Now to discover places near your current location
• Get answers to your specific travel questions in the forums
• Add your own reviews and photos
• Download maps, reviews, and your saves for over 300 cities worldwide onto your phone for free; avoid using expensive data roaming plans while you travel
• Support for Apple Watch. The TripAdvisor Apple Watch app shows you the best places to eat, play and stay wherever you are. Want to visit the suggested places later? Just save it on your Apple Watch and view it later on your Apple Watch, iPhone, iPad or on TripAdvisor.com
Note: We optimized this app to conserve battery power and only use GPS where necessary. However please note that continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
The app uses your location to send you personalized hotel, restaurant, attraction and vacation rental recommendations as well as remember the places you visited via our Travel Timeline feature. These locations are collected even if the app is in the background. Location settings can be configured in the Settings app.
What's New in Version 17.6
Thanks for using TripAdvisor! We bring updates to the App Store every 2 weeks.
Every update of our app includes reliability and performance improvements.
*** Love our free app? Please take a moment to write a review on the App Store! ***
When I want to search for information on something on Safari, I will occasionally click on a Trip Advisor review. In Safari, Trip Advisor will only show me portions of three reviews, and repeatedly ask me "Wouldn't you much prefer to read this in the Trip Advisor app? It's so much better in our app. No? OK, you can go ahead and read the next review, but I'm telling you it's so much smoother in our app. Would you like to see 5 more reviews? You would? Well great! We've got 5 more reviews for you right here, but you know what, I'm going to have to ask you to view them in the app, so all you have to do is install our app, absolutely free of charge. What's that you say? You already have our app installed? Great! Would you like to go ahead and read these reviews in the app? You would? That's great! I'm telling you, you've really made a wise choice here, you won't regret it. OK, just click Open In App and I'll take you right to the App Store where you can download our app. It's really nifty and I'm telling you - what's that you say? You already have our app? Why of course, go ahead and open it! Great! Welcome to our app! Now how can I help you?"
You know what? Just forget it. I give up. And they "update" this thing every two weeks but can't fix that? Really?
The app is useful for finding good foods, non chain hotels and if an attraction is worth it. There are usually some negative feedback on everything but they tend to be petty. Some proprietors check all of the reviews which presumably reveals a focus on customer service.
The support section must be non existent, no responses to the two queries submitted. One receives increasing levels the more one reviews but I cannot figure out if it means anything.
The search engine needs some work - has a tendency to revert to the last city searched and not the new one entered.
It has been useful many times.
Can't edit profile on app
Trip Advisor is better on the web than the app. It's frustrating to not be able to deal with one's profile. It is easy, though, to write reviews. It seems to know exactly where I am, so I don't have to do lots of searches. I would like to see how many helpful votes I get to see what people like me to include on my reviews, though. I'd also like to delete notifications and questions when they're old. I wasn't notified that travelers had asked me questions, but I'm looking at queries that are now six months old. Yikes. I don't need them cluttering up my box.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Travel
- Updated: Sep 27, 2016
- Version: 17.6
- Size: 177 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, Chinese, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Serbian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Vietnamese
- Seller: TripAdvisor
- © 2016 TripAdvisor LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.Apple TV: Yes