Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
A simple app to calculate the cost of a trip by Gas or Diesel powered vehicle. Enter the Miles Per Gallon of your vehicle, the cost of Gas (or Diesel), and the distance you want to travel. Your total cost will be displayed.
- Remembers the data you enter.
- Calculates gallons of fuel burned.
- Calculates Carbon Dioxide released (assuming gasoline is the fuel being burned).
- Displays version at bottom of main page.
Possible features for future releases:
- Support for other measurement systems (currently everything is configured for US measurement system).
- Location support combined with internet support for figuring out how much gasoline costs nearby.
- User suggested features (send to email@example.com).
What's New in Version 2.0.0
- Completely rewritten. Should be easier to update and maintain.
- Now supports different measurement systems. Currently supported:
- - Miles per Gallon (US)
- - Miles per Gallon (UK)
- - Liters per 100 Km
The most simple and fastest way to calculate fuel costs
I use this app all the time to determine if it's worth it to drive to Oregon for some tax free shipping, or if I should drive or take the ferry across the water. You'll need to know your car's MPG, which you can easily find on FuelEconomy.gov if you don't know it.
I've been using this app for many years and it hasn't changed much, but that's okay, because it does what it needs to do. I tried other apps but they were to cumbersome and complicated just to tell me how much gas would cost for a planned trip.
Improvements I would make:
Automatically calculate local cost per gallon, while still allowing custom editing of the cost per gallon field.
A fresh, yet still simple, refresh to the app UI to make it easier on the eyes.
Configure different cars to quickly select from, and even be able to pull in MPG data from FuelEconomy.gov for a specific car.