Tripmate France Lite
By Emanuele Cipolloni
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
When you need timely traffic information, you have to go to the source.
In France, the source is the Autoroutes Trafic web site: detailed and highly readable maps, intuitive symbolism and traffic status updated in real-time.
Unfortunately the Autoroutes Trafic web site uses a technology that makes it unusable on your iPhone, iPod Touch or iPad.
Tripmate France, thanks to its real-time transcoding technology, makes it possible to visualize the portion of Autoroutes Trafic web site concerning the traffic status; it also offers a number of options and parameters to personalize the fruition of the service.
- Application completely optimized to facilitate map searching, browsing while on the road without distracting
- Universal application: works on iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad making full use of the hosting device user interface paradigm
- Full use of Retina Display to visualize more details in high resolution (only on iPhone 4)
- National map and Paris Île-de-France; An additional set of 68 detailed maps, covering the whole French motorway network, is available in the full version of Tripmate France
- Maps are automatically cached and only updated traffic status and information are downloaded: faster operation and minimal data download
- Visual research of locations and maps
- High contrast colored maps to quickly pinpoint problems on the road. Option to reduce colors brightness (night vision)
- Touch based map moving and zooming
- Ten levels of zoom. All maps are completely vector, when zooming: more details, no blocky pixels
- All maps selected and positioning are automatically cached to allow for fast retrieval of previous selections without searching again
- Status of traffic shown using color codes: free flow, heavy, congested and closed. The segments representing the congested and closed conditions can optionally flash on the screen to enhance the visibility of problems
- Visible/Audible alarms to notify about changed (compared to the previous data update) traffic status and/or information over the currently selected map
- Manual or automatic refresh (with selectable refresh interval)
- Road problems/information are shown using icons (accidents, queues, road works, closures). Tapping an icon shows the complete information about the problem
- Level of information shown on the map selectable (Disturbances, Information, Infrastructures)
- Interface available in three languages: French, English and Italian
- Online help always available to quickly explain the meaning of each control and symbols shown by the application
What's New in Version 1.6
- Fixed some additional 3G network connection problems on some carriers.
- Category: Navigation
- Updated: Sep 20, 2011
- Version: 1.6
- Size: 4.7 MB
- Languages: English, French, Italian
- Seller: Emanuele Cipolloni
- © Copyright 2009-2011 Barefoot Software Asia Ltd. All rights reserved.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.