Explore every day with Trips by Lonely Planet — a beautiful, simple and intuitive way to share travel experiences. Upload photos and videos to your timeline, then share your trip with your friends, family and fellow travellers. Discover new places, be inspired by stories from the Lonely Planet community and start planning your next adventure.
We extend our warmest thanks to the contributors whose photography appears in our App Store screenshots:
* Alex Howard ("Hiking the Na Pali Coast")
* Mina Seville ("Touch the Sky")
* Annie Spratt ("48 Hours in Sydney")
* Brad Haynes ("Exploring the Garden Route")
* Unsplash; Tommy Lisbin ("Adventure")
* Pieter Ras, 500px ("Wildlife and Nature")
* Annie Spratt ("Cities")
* Wanaporn Yangsiri ("Unsplash Community")
* Brad Haynes ("Ruins")
* Diego Jiménez ("Road Trips")
* Michaela Potterbaum ("Iceland: A Bucket List Road Trip")
This update improves the performance of search, fixes a formatting issue that occurred when sharing Trips, and contains other bug fixes and improvements.
OTHER RECENT CHANGES:
STAFF PICKS: Our Editorial Team now selects the best Trips and shows them to you in your feed, marked as Staff Picks. You can disable this from Settings if you wish.
DRAFTS: You can now start working on a new Trip, leave the app, and come back to find the Trip just as you left it, even if you force-quit, restart your device, etc. And when you're ready, you can post the Trip just like you could before, or discard it if you prefer.
Questions? Comments? We're always listening at AppSupport@lonelyplanet.com
Ratings and Reviews
Discover helpful trip stories and create your own
Essential travel app that needs some fine tuning
Trips is a must if you want to make the most of your stay or if your are looking for your next trip. It gives you the chance to explore a destination beforehand and advices you what to visit. All this is done in clear and beautiful posts from people all over the world.
The use of pictures in combination with the short pieces of text make it appealing and easy to read.
The only remark I currently have is that the search function is not working very well. It is rather hard to find articles of a certain destination. I would like this to be fixed in order to enjoy this essential app even more.
We're glad you like the Trips app, Kvnwillems. We can get someone to look into the search function, but it's possible there are no results yet for the search terms you're using. If you could send us a message at AppSupport@lonelyplanet.com we'll be able to investigate better. Thanks!
Really liking this app. I haven’t been able to get off it for the past few days. I’m more of a photographer and don’t really blog, but this app makes it so easy to create things that I can’t help but document my adventures. Based on previous reviews it’s worked out all it’s kinks. Really curious to see if this app is available on other platforms to increase reach on articles.
We're glad you like the Trips app, Geraldu28. Happy travels!
- Lonely Planet Global, Inc.
- 96.5 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- © 2017 Lonely Planet Global, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.