Plan the perfect trip with TripScout! We carefully curate the best articles and videos into one destination news feed, and tag every place mentioned so you can easily add it to your trip with one tap. Featured in The New York Times, USA Today, Travel & Leisure, and by hundreds of travel bloggers as an essential resource for travelers, simply “binge and tap” – then organize your itinerary later.
Discover secret hot springs in Iceland, local street food in Bangkok, hidden speakeasy bars in New York City, underground street art in London, the most Instagram-able spots in Paris, and where to take your kids in Washington DC. We also give you the tools to explore in-destination with our itinerary builder, offline maps, and GPS navigation.
Don’t just take it from us. Some big-time travel pros share their wander-love for the TripScout travel app:
- “Helps travelers explore the local side of the city” - USA Today
- “Basically the best thing ever for travelers.” - Conde Nast Traveler
- "Finally, a travel app that’s purposefully, blissfully simple” - Travel+Leisure
- “Makes travel easier but just as exciting” - Forbes
- "Perfect for the curious traveler" - American Airlines
Fascinating stories and unforgettable travel experiences are possible for your upcoming trip. You just have to know where to look.
So put down your spreadsheets and docs, and have a much better time using the TripScout trip planner app for your next trip!
Our mobile travel guide and trip planner is currently available in over 100 cities and countries throughout USA, Europe, Asia, Africa, the Middle East, and Latin America, including:
Washington DC, New York City, San Francisco, Philadelphia, Boston, Chicago, New Orleans, Austin, Portland, Seattle, San Diego, Orlando, Denver, Charleston, Savannah, Atlanta, Miami, Dallas, Las Vegas, Phoenix, Charlotte, Nashville, Toronto, Montreal, Vancouver, Hawaii, Havana, Buenos Aires, Lima, Mexico City, Bogota, Cartagena, Antigua, Granada, Panama City, Rio de Janeiro, Amsterdam, Barcelona, Madrid, Venice, Reykjavik, Iceland, Paris, London, Dublin, Edinburgh, Santorini, Lisbon, Brussels, Tbilisi, Moscow, Berlin, Munich, Cologne, Bucharest, Copenhagen, Stockholm, Krakow, Budapest, Prague, Rome, Florence, Milan, Vienna, Dubrovnik, Athens, Dubai, Istanbul, Beirut, Jerusalem, Tel Aviv, Oslo, Cairo, Marrakech, Cape Town, Tunis, Alexandria, Addis Ababa, Mumbai, Bangkok, Tokyo, Kyoto, Luang Prabang, Bali, Jakarta, Manila, Hanoi, Saigon, Kuala Lumpur, Beijing, Shanghai, Hong Kong, Taipei, Singapore, Seoul, New Zealand, and Sydney.
- An annual subscription gives unlimited access to all TripScout guides for $39.99 a year.
- Payment will be charged to your iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase.
- You can cancel your subscription here: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT202039
- Your subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period.
- The account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period.
Here's an update that will make planning on TripScout faster and easier:
- You can now setup your trip in seconds! Just tap on any city, pick your dates, and we'll jump-start your planning by recommending TripScout's favorite places.
- We improved our previous/next feature on Site Profiles, just swipe, repeat, swipe, repeat, swipe, repeat.
- We added our new date picker throughout the app to make it easier to select dates in your itinerary.
- There is a new onboarding flow for brand-new app users to help you get acquainted with TripScout.
- We fixed a bug that was causing some mapping issues for iPhone X users.
- We made a bunch of tweaks to our design and performance to make everything faster and more intuitive.
We hope you enjoy these improvements, we're working on some big new features that will be ready soon. Stay tuned and happy travels!
Ratings and Reviews
Easy to use and extremely informative tours
When I first started using TripScout there were only a few maps and now there are over 100 maps for cities across the world! TripScout makes planning trips easy, convenient and most of all fun! I have used the TripScout mobile guide for vacations to Washington DC, San Francisco, Chicago, Charlotte and Nashville. The travel guides for each of the cities are informative, interesting and helpful. On each of my trips, TripScout led me to cool places that only the locals would know about. (I wouldn’t of been able to find those local places if I used some main stream travel website). Building the itinerary through the app is easy, fun and most of all NOT stressful. I especially love using the offline maps (saves data!) and GPS navigation. I am excited to try out TripScout on my upcoming trips overseas, as I have heard great things about the TripScout Europe guides. TripScout is a must for any novice or experienced traveler. Download now and check it out!
Such a unique way to travel & discover hidden spots only locals know about!
Friends I travel with always ask me, “How do you know where to find all these hole-in-the-wall spots?!” My answer: TripScout! TripScout has made all my trips so memorable, and I feel like a local walking around the city. As a student studying abroad, I used TripScout as a convenient way to travel. The maps are quick and easy to access, and because I was on a budget, it made it a much cheaper way to travel on my own. Plus, I was able to download the maps before I would go exploring- that meant using no data! You can also pre-plan your trip by saving and sorting locations you want to visit! This app has made it easy to connect with the city I’m in because I can go at my own pace. All in all, TripScout has awesome guides that are very informative, fun, and interactive... Love this app, now all my friends are using it!
Fun, local perspective for your travels
I got TripScout to use while on a trip to South Korea and Hong Kong. Loved how easy the app was to use and enjoyed my Korean audio guide Sunny. You can download the content for the cities you are visiting so it can be used offline.
Sunny suggested some great places in South Korea and we tried some of the picks for Honk Kong dining and they were so yummy.
The thing I love the most about this app is that when I bought it, it came with the personal input and touches of its creators. I got a personal email just letting me know they would be happy to help if I got over there and needed any additional suggestions for my trip or travel advice. So often you buy an app and that is it. I really felt like I bought a product that was backed up by real people who love travel and want to help you have the best experience possible.
- TripScout, Inc.
- 116.9 MB
- Requires iOS 10.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2015 TripScout, Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Iceland Guided Tour Free
- Washington DC Travel Guide Free
- Boston Guided Tours Free
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.