TripView displays Sydney and Melbourne public transport timetable data on your phone. It features a summary view showing your next services, as well as a full timetable viewer. All timetable data is stored on your phone, so it can be used offline.
- Trackwork and service interruption information
- Real-time delay information and vehicle map (Sydney only, subject to data availability)
- Interactive maps (create your trip by clicking on your station/stop)
- Multi-modal trip editor (customise exact change locations / lines)
Additional features in the full version of TripView:
- Save your trips
- No advertisements
- Organise trips into folders
- View your favourite trips on Apple Watch
Realtime data is available for the following operators:
- Sydney Trains (Sydney metro area only, excluding Waterfall and the T6 Line)
- Sydney and Newcastle Buses
- Hillsbus, Forest Coach Lines, Busways Blacktown, Transdev North Shore
- Sydney Ferries
- Sydney Light Rail (excluding stops between Exhibition Centre and Central)
NOTE: Best efforts are taken to ensure timetable accuracy, but no guarantees are made. If you find an error in the timetable, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with details. No guarantees are made about real-time data availability. If the transit operator doesn't provide real-time data for a particular service, TripView will revert to showing the scheduled time, as per the timetable.
- Delay information for frequency based services is now calculated relative to the departure time from the first stop
- Increased the size of the tap target for the trip alert icon
- Added GPS button to the maps in the Tools/Maps section of the app
Ratings and Reviews
It works who would have believed
A working travel app
This app does the job I guess, but there are some things that I think should be fixed please. After the update, if I'm not connected to the internet it freezes when I choose my destination for bus trips now. Also, every time I leave the app (I'm not talking about closing it completely), my trips disappear. I know in the full version you can save trips, but I don't think the trips should disappear just for clicking the home button and leaving the app for a few seconds. Also, there are a lot of huge inaccuracies in train trip times. For example, last night I looked up my train trip for today. Today when I went, the train came three minutes earlier than it said on this app. For these reasons I'm hesitant to buy the full version...
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.