TripView displays Sydney and Melbourne public transport timetable data on your phone. It features a summary view showing your next services, as well as a full timetable viewer. All timetable data is stored on your phone, so it can be used offline.
- View times for any saved trip with a single tap
- Real-time delay information and vehicle map (Sydney only, subject to data availability)
- Trackwork and service interruption information
- Interactive maps (create your trip by clicking on your station/stop)
- Alarms (arrival/departure, time/distance)
- Multi-modal trip editor (customise exact change locations / lines)
- View your favourite trips on Apple Watch
Realtime data is available for the following operators:
- Sydney Trains (Sydney metro area only, excluding Waterfall and the T6 Line)
- Sydney and Newcastle Buses
- Hillsbus, Forest Coach Lines, Busways Blacktown, Transdev North Shore
- Sydney Ferries
- Sydney Light Rail (excluding stops between Exhibition Centre and Central)
NOTE: Best efforts are taken to ensure timetable accuracy, but no guarantees are made. If you find an error in the timetable, please email email@example.com with details. No guarantees are made about real-time data availability. If the transit operator doesn't provide real-time data for a particular service, TripView will revert to showing the scheduled time, as per the timetable.
Alarms require iOS4 and a device that is capable of multitasking. Note: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
- Siri Shortcuts are now supported on iOS12. It's possible to add a voice shortcut to any of your trips.
- If you view the map for a replacement bus service, TripView will now show a street map instead of a rail network map.
Ratings and Reviews
a great app
This app makes public transport in Sydney super easy. watch you bus come down the road on the real-time map and time your leaving any building to catch the bus with ease. You can also tap any bus stop to see any bus stopping there and where it can take you.
This app doesn't stand alone if you don't know where you are going. You still need to rely on something like google maps and for this to be a really helpful app, it needs to include a feature that allows you to look up your route, otherwise you are just juggling between multiple apps
I really like the way you can get the times so easily, but I do find it time-consuming to find the schedules. It's hard to go through the bus numbers.
- TripView Pty Ltd
- 23.3 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2008 - 2018 TripView Pty Ltd
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.