Triqtraq - Jam Sequencer: music making on the go
By Zaplin Music
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Create music on the go with Triqtraq. Compose original beats in the smooth one-window interface, record sound tweaks in realtime and sample your own sounds for direct use. Use the advanced automation and rhythmic features to create musical patterns that never sound the same.
“There are expensive hardware synths/sequencers not capable of that!"
- Sound On Sound magazine
“One of the best jamming tools I've encountered on iOS”
“A delight to use"
- Sound On Sound magazine
“Brilliant lay-out... Absolutely recommended."
“You can get a punchy track out of it in a few minutes.”
- WIRED Germany
“The deal of the century. One of the deepest sequencers…”
- Ask Audio
- Music Tech magazine (10/10 stars)
“Something rather special”
“The polyrhythmic loop manipulation is awesome.”
- Computer Music magazine (9/10 stars)
“Brilliant fun to use”
- Music App Blog
“Warning: it’s addictive!”
- Audio News Room
“Easily one of the best” “Quality app that could be used in a live situation without breaking a sweat.”
- Synth Universe
“You create really cool ideas for tracks. Awesome fun!”
- Richard Devine
SUPER QUICK INTERFACE
• Compose and tweak beats fluently in an all-in-one window interface, without ever hitting stop.
• It’s all about touch: build up, vary, mangle and break your patterns with a swipe of your finger.
• Compose up to 16 patterns, and arrange them in the 16 step queue to build entire songs.
TWEAK YOUR OWN SOUND
• Have endless fun with the real-time sound manipulation by recording various effect and parameter sliders (Automation).
• Add that personal touch and record your own sounds while jamming, with the super fast microphone recording feature.
• Get creative with a large library of over 400 included samples in 4 categories: Drums, Bass, Percussion and Keys.
• Take your custom sample library on the road by importing or pasting sounds from other apps.
• Surprise yourself and make endless variations of one loop: give each of the four channels a different length.
• Every recorded parameter automation can have its own length too, resulting in ever evolving rhythms or melodies.
• Create your own original grooves by changing the swing amount and BPM per step.
GREAT TEAM PLAYER
• Play together with Ableton Link and sync multiple apps and devices over WiFi.
• Get your recorded tunes out there and export your tracks to Soundcloud or Mail.
• Move ideas to other apps and store audio recordings on Dropbox (via Open in…).
• Get an even bigger sonic palette by using it along other apps with Audiobus and Inter-app-audio.
- Four Channels, each with 8 playable Sample Pads
- 16 Patterns per Session
- Step Editor
- Recordable Automation
- Pitch, Filter, Delay, Pan, Level and Decay per Channel
- Loop Range: individual track and automation lengths
- Loop Speed: individual speed per track or automation
- Multi-selection and recording
- Chaining of Patterns with the Queue
- Real-time switching between patterns
- Automation option for BPM and Swing
- Library with more than 400 one-shot samples included
- Import your own sounds
- Sample swapping during playback
- Sample recording with the internal microphone, also during playback
- Ableton Link
- Audio Copy/Paste
- Inter-App Audio
- Background Audio
- Ableton Live 9
- SoundCloud, Audio Copy, E-mail or iTunes
- Open In... (Dropbox, Airdrop etc.)
- License for Ableton Live 9 Lite included
- User Guide
Check out www.triqtraq.com for demo video’s and tutorials!
What's New in Version 1.7.1
- Ableton Live Set Export: export Triqtraq Sessions as Ableton Live Sets containing separate Audio Tracks and Scenes
- Triqtraq now comes bundled with Ableton Live 9 Lite (get your copy via Menu - Export - Ableton Live Set)
- New Sample Kits: Berlin (Drums), Subbd (Bass), Electric Bass 3 (Bass), CrunchedSynth (Keys)
-Ableton LinkKit v2
If you like our app, let us know and write or re-post a nice review on the App Store!
This is an awesome app!!! I also love Figure. Triqtraq is Figure on steroids!!! Adds chords, several layers of tweaking and song pattern building to what Figure offers.
Whew... ok got that out... Now... what helps make it 5 stars and more...
1. Need universal iPad version.
2. Needs to work in landscape and portrait view.
3. Need a user manual, preferably built into app. Going to website to look at videos for help is a time waster, and a bit of a turnoff...
4. More granular control over chords would be awesome. As is, the pitch control over chords functions more as an effect than as a transposing tool. Having said that, it's already awesome...
If you are willing to spend 30 mins to learn the app, and a little time to grow w it, this baby will just give and give :-)