Tropico 3: Gold Edition
By Feral Interactive Ltd
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Get in touch with your inner dictator!
Before you buy, expand this description to check the system requirements below.
Command the Caribbean nation of Tropico in this delicious combination of strategic city builder and humorous political simulator. As an all-powerful “Presidente” with a resource-rich paradise in the palm of your hand, it’s your choice to rule with a velvet glove or an iron fist.
Tropico 3: Gold Edition gives you control over everything from your island’s infrastructure to its economy and diplomatic relations with competing superpowers. Balance the noisy demands of Tropico’s hard-to-please political factions with those of your offshore bankers in this tongue-in-cheek recreation of the Cold War in a hot climate.
Download the demo for free from our downloads area: downloads.feralinteractive.com
• Have it your way! Run Tropico as a tourist mecca, an economic miracle, a police state or all three!
• Enjoy both the epic challenge of the 15-mission Campaign Mode and the intoxicating freedom of Sandbox Mode.
• When you’re the corrupt dictator of strategically important island, stuff happens! Wield your influence over every aspect of island life to prepare for everything from natural disasters to nuclear war.
• Help the people see things your way by “recounting” elections, “calming” rebels and issuing “creative” edicts, such as Burn Books, Bribe Factions and Print Money.
• Play as your favourite dictator! Pick from a rich list including Che Guevara, Evita Peron and of course, Fidel. Or create your very own strongman by shaping their character, background and beliefs.
• Create a cult of personality around El Presidente, help compose his silver-tongued speeches, manipulate the media and build monuments in his honor.
• Enjoy “Absolute Power”, the expansion pack included in Tropico 3: Gold Edition which offers a completely new 10-mission campaign.
• And always remember - power corrupts, but absolute power totally rocks.
Important information regarding Tropico 3: Gold Edition:
• Please note that we cannot reply to comments or questions left in Mac App Store reviews. If you require assistance, please contact our support team at firstname.lastname@example.org
• You can find out more about the game on the Tropico 3: Gold Edition mini-site at feralinteractive.com/tropico3
• Minimum System Requirements: Processor: 2.0 GHz, RAM: 2GB, Graphics: 256MB, Free Space: 7GB.
• The following graphics cards are not supported: ATI X1xxx series, NVIDIA 7xxx series and Intel GMA series.
• The following cards require you to have 4GB of System RAM: NVIDIA 9400, NVIDIA 320M, Intel HD 3000.
What's New in Version 1.0.1
• Improves support for GT650M and HD4000 graphics cards.
• Improves stability on islands with large populations.
• Fixes a crash that occurs when continuing to play on an island after level objectives are complete.
MORE than worth your money!
At first I thought this would be one of those cheap $10 games which are very outdated and barely have any gameplay value, and that it would just be a ripoff of something like the Age of Empires series or Sims. However, after getting into it, it's something completely different!
I never realised you'd be allowed such in-depth customisable and realistic control over your nation, especially with the realistic political aspects which you have to balance out (between the US, USSR, etc.). I'm loving the campaign missions so far, and the most entertaining is listening to Juanito's radio voice! It is, from my experience, completely unique and well worth the money, especially since it's on a discount (or I think it is). I recommend it highly.
However, I'm prevented from giving it a perfect 5 star rating because I'm on a 2011 Macbook Air, and with all the game's setting set to the complete lowest, it BARELY runs (e.g. the anti-aliasing set to off makes everything seem blurry and you'd think you had something wrong with your eyes…, and there's sometimes lag when you pan the screen, especially with effects like the smoke from the power plant or when it rains, etc.). But that's just on my Air, if you've a decent machine like a Macbook Pro or better, enjoy the awesome graphics when you set it to the highest.
Fantastic Game - Needs DL Content
This game is by far one of the best building games I have ever played. My ONLY complaint, aside from the occasional crash that happens when deleting things, is to PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE make it easier to download content made by the users. Beyond the scenario and hard Sandbox mode, the game is essentially over. And for me, I would absolutely LOVE to create new content, and also try the challenges for others. At this time, I have yet to find any available for download. If you know of where we can dowload the challenges, please post it here!
Again, this is well worth the money, even if you only get the original content, but new content or new challenges (Even if I had to pay for them) would be a nice addition.
Amazing Game! Truly
This game is truly amazing. The many ways you can run your small island is amazing and keeping everyone happy is a never ending thing. I have been playing it for the last 2 days non stop and Im still figuring out new things and im not even the slightest bit bored.
Download: The download went well, no errors at all.
Worth the money? Heck yeah! It will not dissappoint you at all!
Now have an island with over 750 thousand capital, 72% Happy Rating and a huge tourist island. Trying to reach 1,000,000 dollar capital before the end of my 60th year of leadership! Oh yeah and I have 100k in Offshore bank :P
Buy this! DO IT NOW! :D Get TO THE CHOPPER!
- Category: Games
- Updated: Sep 25, 2012
- Version: 1.0.1
- Size: 4.14 GB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Spanish
- Seller: Feral Interactive Ltd
- Copyright © 2009-2011 Kalypso Media GmbH. All rights reserved. Published by Kalypso Media GmbH. Tropico is a registered trade mark of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. used under license by Kalypso Media GmbH. Mac and the Mac logo are trademarks of Apple Inc. registered in the U.S. and/or other countries. Feral and the Feral logo are trademarks of Feral Interactive Ltd. All other logos, copyrights and trademarks are property of their respective owners. All rights reserved.
Compatibility: OS X 10.6.8 or later