All hail El Presidente! The proud nation of Tropico is now in your hands and badly in need of modernisation!
As the freshly elected leader of an underdeveloped Caribbean island with untapped resources and enormous potential, hopes are high that you will deliver Tropico into the glorious future its people deserve. The opportunities are boundless in this humorous city-builder with a political twist.
Develop and manage every aspect of Tropico, from its roads, buildings and people, to its military, trade and foreign policies.
BE A VISIONARY LEADER
Transform Tropico into the country you want it to be: a booming tourist paradise, an industrial powerhouse, a police state, or all three!
Recount elections, calm unruly elements, manage public opinion and reward your loyal followers…
BUILT FOR iPAD
Exercise complete control with an intuitive touch interface and gameplay mechanics designed and refined for mobile gaming.
BUY ONCE, RULE FOREVER
Get the keys to power with one simple payment and no in-app purchases.
This game requires iOS 12 and just under 3GB of space to install.
• iPad (5th generation)
• iPad (6th generation)
• iPad Pro (1st generation: 9.7", 12.9")
• iPad Pro (2nd generation: 10.5", 12.9")
• iPad Pro (3rd generation: 11", 12.9")
Copyright © 2018 Kalypso Media Group GmbH. Tropico is a registered trademark of Kalypso Media Group GmbH. All rights reserved. Developed for and published on iPad by Feral Interactive Ltd. Apple, the Apple logo and iPad are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. Feral and the Feral logo are trademarks of Feral Interactive Ltd. All other logos, copyrights and trademarks are property of their respective owners. All rights reserved.
• Fixes a crash that could occur when saving the game, deleting the user's progress in the process
• Fixes an issue where the game could get stuck at the launch screen if the iPad had not been restarted for a while
• Adds a battery saver mode for iPad Pro (2nd and 3rd generation)
• Fixes a number of minor issues
Ratings and Reviews
Excellent adaptation for iPad
This has become one of, if not my favorite games on iPad. If you are into simulation city builders this is a must own. The graphics are console quality and the touch controls are spot on. It is a rarity when a PC game comes to iOS and you are not hindered by touch controls. If anything, I feel they enhance this game. The game play is fun and there is a lot of replay value here.
I have read a lot about crashing and losing saved game data but I have not experienced any of this. I am playing on a brand new iPad Pro 12.9” with the A12x chip so this may have something to do with it. Also, recent updates are aimed at these issues.
The only issue I see is battery drain. If I am playing for longer than 30 minutes I will usually have to plug my iPad into power but this is to be expected with such a graphics intense game. I am pretty surprised they were able to pull this off at all (although I shouldn’t be after seeing what Feral Interactive has done with Tomb Raider on Mac). Great job bringing excellent games to Mac and iOS. Can’t wait to see what is next!
Fantastic port! Great additions
Feral have brought Trópico mobile! This is the classic game we all love but Feral have made some fantastic additions to ease gameplay and make the overall game more intuitive. These additions relate to things like making roads, adding upgrades to buildings, overall construction, overall demolishing and keeping the flow of your island nice and fine-tuned! The game has the same menus but the UI has been updated for ease of use on the iPad, while also allowing builders quick access to everything they need to keep their island growing! The addition of Architect Mode is amazing, and really makes building on the iPad easy and fun. The graphics have kept the older fun Haemimont style but Feral have added depth and saturation to the beautiful colors. This is exactly how you port an older game into the technology of 2018! Thank you, I’ve never clicked “BUY” faster 😁
Suggestion for Feral (Tropico Team)
I’ve been playing this game for a while on the Ipad, so far it is pretty good I have to admit, but what I will say is that you should add at least slightly better graphics to give it a smoother texture. (Not that it is bad right now) It should be on the settings page for how you want to customize your game. This way you can optimize battery consumption. (By the way, so far my battery has been great with this game)
🔆Try to make the game like the new version coming out Tropico 6. Instead of 3, if your on a budget at least 5.🔆
Another suggestion is to add more content. Now I understand adding content is costly. So, just like you did on pc and Xbox, you should put a price on it. Not too much, or else no will buy it. If you can pull it off and make this version of the game like the upcoming Tropico 6 I am almost 99.9% sure that a lot of people would have a change of heart.
You should also add more merengue or Music. This way the same songs don’t repeat them selves to much.
If you a customer looking to see if you want Tropico. I highly recommend it.
- Feral Interactive Ltd
- 2.5 GB
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later. Compatible with 12.9-inch iPad Pro, 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, 9.7-inch iPad Pro, 9.7-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad (5th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (5th generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro (2nd generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular (2nd generation), 10.5-inch iPad Pro, 10.5-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (6th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (6th generation), iPad Pro (11-inch), iPad Pro (11-inch), iPad Pro (12.9-inch) (3rd generation), and iPad Pro (12.9-inch) (3rd generation).
- English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Russian, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Copyright © 2018 Kalypso Media Group GmbH. Tropico is a registered trademark of Kalypso Media Group GmbH. All rights reserved. Developed for and published on iPad by Feral Interactive Ltd.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.