True Color - Color Mixing Assistant
By Snickerdoodle Software, LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Mixing color for watercolor, oil and acrylic painting can be challenging. It requires understanding color theory, experience and sometimes trial-and-error. True Color allows you to virtually mix millions of colors. It also can generate color recipes from pictures in your photo album or taken with your camera. True Color tells you the proportion of each primary color component required to mix the perfect color you are looking for. From now on, no more guesswork for your art work.
True Color is the ultimate color mixing assistant for painters, artists and designers. It’s the perfect companion for studying color theory.
True Color features:
* Simple and intuitive dial system to fine tune the color recipe. Virtually mixing color using the primary colors without wasting expensive paint colors.
* Generating color recipes from pictures in photo albums or taken with the camera. A simple tap is all it takes to find the perfect color for your next masterpiece.
* Ability to save your favorite color recipe and recreate the exact same color again and again.
* Ability to share the color recipes via Facebook, Twitter and more!
What the press says about True Color:
"If you work with paint and can never quite get the right colour, True Color's a must." -Creative Bloq
"App Cap Awards" - iPad Today: Episode 173
"True Color is one of those apps that definitely has a practical application but is also just fun." - Cult of Mac
"It’s great for artists who want to play with colors without wasting precious paint." - The Unofficial Apple Weblog (TUAW)
* Feel free to contact us for any questions and technical issues. Our website is http://www.snickerdoodle.co
What's New in Version 1.3.0
• iOS 8 support
• Paint amount adjustment for swatch
• Bug fixes
I love this app! I recently started painting again after 30 years. This app has removed all the anxiety of starting up again with painting. I share this app with my fellow painting classmates. When our teacher asks us about the composition of a certain color in a painting, we use this app and immediately have a correct answer for her. The app easily shows how the color is mixed, so you also learn in the process. It’s one of the most-used apps on my iPhone and iPad.
Great app to use to mix correct parts of clay colors to get a different color. Most apps are for computer graphics. Only wish black were included to mix with white to get shades of gray. I'm not using photos yet to grab color from. Just trying out different combos for the clay just as someone would mix paint.
Great for knowing a color
I'm not an artist, but this app is great for finding the actual color of anything. Just take an object's photo and you have it. It's great for matching a commercial paint color.
- Category: Entertainment
- Updated: Jan 24, 2015
- Version: 1.3.0
- Size: 13.0 MB
- Languages: English, Japanese, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: Snickerdoodle Software, LLC (CA)
- © 2013-2015 Snickerdoodle Software, LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.