True Legacy is a text-driven puzzle adventure game.
Investigate a politically sensitive murder in a dystopian, 21st century metropolis, riven by rampant economic and genetic inequality. Both your ethics, and puzzle solving skills will be tested in this sci-fi noir thriller.
Taking the role of investigator Claire Thornhill, players navigate the world of True Legacy via interactive text, immersive 3D scenes and forensic puzzle gameplay. The branching narrative pushes you to express your ethics in a harsh world transformed by unregulated technological advances.
Developed in partnership with Failbetter Games and the Wellcome Trust, True Legacy is a plausible glimpse into the future. Researched with the help of various UK universities and experts working at the cutting edge of robotics, AI, and genetics, the noir thriller plot presents the player with very realistic dilemmas around the ethics of labour market automation, population surveillance and genetic engineering.
Over 40,000 words of science fiction narrative by writer Dr Dejan Levi
Over 35 animated, layered illustrated scenes by french concept artist Ronan LeFur
Mini-puzzles, inspired by criminal forensics
Branching interactive story, with consequential decisions and multiple endings
Fixed game loading issue where players could sometimes get stuck in chapter 2.
Ratings and Reviews
Some parts are very gripping, but the app is so text-driven that it comes to the point where I feel Im being interrupted by rather tedious puzzles (a brute-force slider?) when Im entering a climax and I want the story to unfold. Its like a DJ never dropping the beat but leaving us waiting for the drop for 30 minutes straight. No, thanks.
The aesthetic is right up my alley — dystopian future in a mega-city, dark palette, etc., but it was hard to get through this as an enjoyable experience without wanting to throw my ipad at the wall through pure frustration at being cut off from the story by the puzzles or falling asleep from the passages themselves.
Maybe it’s just me.
Doesn’t save progress
I was having fun with this, but when I left and returned to it all my progress was gone, it started me over from the beginning, and that’s a bummer. There doesn’t appear to be any continue function. If this gets fixed, I’ll likely amend this review, because the story was interesting, although more like a novel than a game.
Should work but . . .
I have tried this on an iPad and on an iPad mini 4. It only progresses so far and then freezes.
From the description it should work just fine. But it doesn't. I emailed the developers and never heard anything.
Update 5 weeks and no words from developer.
- Blindfire Limited
- 262.1 MB
- Requires iOS 9.2 or later. Compatible with iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone SE, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XR, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular, 12.9-inch iPad Pro, 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, 9.7-inch iPad Pro, 9.7-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad (5th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (5th generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro (2nd generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular (2nd generation), 10.5-inch iPad Pro, 10.5-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (6th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (6th generation), and iPod touch (6th generation).
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- © Blindfire Limited
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.