Our users will tell better than us:
"A really good groove box, so easy to get beats and hooks going in moments and the sound is just stunning!" - App Store review
"Well this is something special I can tell you, so much has gone into this and many people are going to just love this" - thesoundtestroom
"Lots of preinstalled sounds, effects and the usability is there. It allows you to be as creative as you like with no need for the numerous sub-menus you find on other software" - App Store review
"This is a very well thought out and inspirational app. It goes much further than just electronic dance music... Highly recommended!" - App Store review
"Where has this been my whole life!... Gorgeous, user friendly, simple and sonically vibrant" - App Store review
Groove Rider GR-16 is a professional step-sequenced groove box, inspired by professional hardware drum machines and rhythm boxes. It has a powerful Poison-202 based two oscillator synthesizer engine, plus a big variety of included PCM drum samples, insert/send/master effects, arpeggiator, automation recording, modulator, ADSR and filter block, and more! Built-in factory pattern library includes patterns in different music styles, which will inspire you (the list will be appended with the regular updates). Check out the patterns demo video:
One remarkable feature of GR-16 is that all the controls are arranged on one screen, just like on a real groove box device! It lets you access almost all useful parameters from the one screen. Forget about numerous sub-windows and dialogs, which ruined your inspiration in another musical apps! Groove Rider is the fastest path from your imagination to reality!
You can use GR-16 as a ready-to-go realtime musical instrument (groove box) in your jam sessions together with Ableton Link feature to synchronize it with your other music gear. Groove Rider is also very handy for quickly sketching your musical ideas, allowing you to instantly record them directly by using the Record function. Making music becomes easy and fun, in contrast with boring note drawing process and dealing with tons of files and expensive plugins in the DAW's! Don't loose your inspiration, boost it up with Groove Rider!
• supports Ableton Link, AudioBus, AudioShare, Inter-App Audio, Core Midi, Virtual Midi In/Out, Bluetooth Midi, Midi Clock sync
• synth engine is Poison-202 based: 2 oscillators, 5 waveforms (Saw, Pulse, Sine, Triangle and Super-Saw)
• synth oscillator modulation types: Ring, Sync, PW and XFM
• 83 available oscillator configurations
• Filter module with LP, BP, HP, Notch type filters, 12 and 24 dB/octave
• ADSR envelope, assignable to Amp and Filter
• Modulator module with 9 LFO modulation shapes x 6 modulation destinations (Pitch, Filter, Level, Pan, Osc Edit, IFX Edit)
• polyphony up to 32 voices
• 16 sounding parts per pattern
• 16 steps x 4 bars per each part
• each step consist of up to 4 voices (notes)
• each step can be time shifted forward/backward a fractional value
• assignable strokes for each step (to play several notes at one step)
• assignable step trigger conditions for each note
• 12 send effect types, one send effect per pattern
• 22 master effect types, one master effect per pattern
• 34 insert effect types, one insert effect per each part
• master Limiter (can be switched on/off)
• Arpeggiator with 6 modes and 50 rhythm patterns
• Scale play mode with 36 different scales to select from
• Chords and Notes play mode
• 30+ different midi groove templates
• 116 microtonal scales
• up to 256 user patterns to store in one user pattern bank
• import & export user patterns and banks via share sheet
• pattern audio export in 16, 24 and 32 bit wav format
• Ableton Live Set export
• 29 interface skins
Minimum recommended devices:
• iPhone 5
• iPad Air
- new "Microtonal scale" feature added as a part parameter with 116 different microtonal scales to select from! Now you can select a microtonal tuning for each part in the pattern individually to achieve interesting inharmonic or ethnic sounds. It is located in the Part menu -> "Tuning" setting. Note: if you wish to play and explore all the steps of selected microtonal scale using onscreen pads, don't forget to set Pattern menu -> "Scale" parameter to "Chromatic".
- minor bug fixes.
Ratings and Reviews
Seriously one of the TOP apps of all time!
This app is utterly fabulous, and this developer is amazingly responsive. Feature after feature has been added every week. Groove Rider 16 is a groove box. And it is so feature rich, well designed, and just plain fun to use that I can’t put it down. All my iOS DAWs seem like work rather than play. This is mainly designed around 4-bar patterns, so take the reviews saying this is a full fledged music production system, the best DAW ever, etc. Sure, you can make songs by chaining patterns together, and can export patterns into DAWs, but it’s main attraction for me is as a quick and fun jammin’ idea powerhouse.
That said, it has HUGE power under the hood. A good library of samples included, the ability to import your own, and a surprisingly good synth, that is super-basic, but able to dial in great sounds in a fraction of the time I spend messing around with full synth apps. Did I say synth ... I mean up to 16 of them if you want.
At the very least, consider this an introduction into the best features of high-end hardware groove boxes at a tiny fraction of the cost. If it doesn’t gel with you ... then you just saved yourself hundreds of dollars on hardware, cause you won’t like it either.
Amaze-⚽️ 🏀 ⚾️ groove creation station!!!!!!
Amazing pro level app from the dev who made the phenomenal Poison-202 synth! Anything I can say has probably already been said so I’m just going to use this as a platform to beg the dev for my feature requests. 1) the X-Y JimAudio manipulator pad needs to be like 25-50% bigger PLEASE! [erhaps not all the time but for some functions it would work during live play SOOO much better IMHO... Secondly, okay so the people who you’re really making this app for have already invested tons of $$ in Novation’s iMachine-Launchpad-Blocs-, Retronyms AudioCopy, Beatmakers Intua, Sampletank, Beat Hawk, (and a couple more I’m forgetting) sound bank/libraries.. make it a $5-10 IAP +/- but plz be our hero musical savior and incorporate a way to import these sample libraries into groove rider and manipulate them with your terrific program.
Ohh This Is Going To Beee Fun❣️
I'm going through the setting, turning on background play, etc., and probably will be playing with this till sunrise. I can feel it❣️ My Christmas present to me. 🤓 Thank you Dmitrij❣️ I stopped reading when I saw that it used the Poison synth engine and bought it. It became a no brainer, it did. It wasn't that it was 50% off. lol (and that I saw that the filter was a 12/24 dB / octave. I'll come back for the rest.
This, THIS is going to be good. A lot fun. Dmitrij these (and Poison) are like what I would put together with the exact same features if I was so gifted. I had been wishing for something that was both a 'mad synthesizer' but it was hidden under a bigger musical personality. Be back with results of my initial impressions.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.