Truecaller: Number Search & Spam Identification
By True Software Scandinavia AB
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
With a community-based spam list of over 200 million users, Truecaller is the only phone app you’ll ever need. Use it to make calls, search phone numbers, report unwanted calls and much more!
Find and call the people you care about. And stop spammers before they call. Simple.
• NEW: Make calls directly from the app
• NEW: See when your friends are free to talk
• NEW: Use T9 search to find friends quickly
• NEW: No more unknown numbers in your call history
• Look up phone numbers directly from your native call history
• Copy a number anywhere (e.g. website or apps) and open Truecaller to see contact details
• Today widget for fast look ups
• Get Caller ID to see who’s calling — works to identify other Truecaller users
• Search for any name or number
• Enrich your contacts with accurate information
• Report spam callers and telemarketers
• Yelp! Integration for faster business lookup results
And just so you know…Truecaller respects your right to privacy. Your phonebook is never made searchable or public. And, unfortunately, Live Caller ID is not available on iPhone.
Questions or feedback? Visit our community pages or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
• Truecaller FAQ - http://truecaller.com/faq
• Twitter - http://twitter.com/truecaller
• Facebook - http://facebook.com/truecaller
• Google+ - http://google.com/+truecaller
• Truecaller BETA Community - https://plus.google.com/communities/108252083831280268936
What's New in Version 7.1
- Lower keypad volume.
- Option to disable availability and last seen.
- Performance improvements.
How to use TrueCaller
I deleted this app before the 7.0 upgrade due to privacy concerns with the dialer function, but I'm downloading it again. Why? It actually does filter out spam callers. But you have to do a little work on your end to make it do that. The way you make truecaller effective is to scroll allllllll the way down to the "Identified As Spam" contact it loads into your contacts and tap "Block This Caller". That's using your iPhone's built in call blocker AND truecaller's spam database together. It's cumbersome, especially since you have to manually update the Spam ID list within the truecaller app (annoying), but in the months since I deleted the app the calls have increased, I suspect because I haven't been updating that blocked caller list. I'll see if fiddling with the settings in app will alleviate my privacy concerns. Probably better than nothing.
Worthless - less than worthless
In order for this to work YOU have to first receive a spam call, then you enter the number and Truecaller says "oh, yeah, 300 other people have reported this as a spammer". Geez, if so many have ALREADY reported it as spam why do I have to report it? Why don't YOU just red flag it so I don't bother answering it in the first place?
Apple, in their infinite wisdom, will not allow any program that will block incoming spammers (thanks a bunch Apple). The work around I'm using is to go through my address book, mark every friend, that I want to be able to get hold of me anytime, as a "favorite" and then go to "general settings", "do not disturb" and hit "manual". This will turn off the phone but will let all contacts who are "favorites" override it and ring.
I feel used.
I get a lot of spam calls and have been diligently reporting the numbers to the app database for perhaps a year. But I always wondered: why didn't app stop these calls? And how many spam calls is the app really preventing from reaching me? Does the phone simply block those calls without ringing? Then about two days ago, I received a call which made my screen bright red; the caller was identified as spam; this was the first and only such call I have received with a red screen warning. Question answered! One identified spammer in a year! Yet in return, the app has all of my contacts in a data base. So unless I am clueless--and my gifted IQ suggests otherwise--I suspect this app is at best almost useless and at worst violating my privacy.
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: Aug 09, 2016
- Version: 7.1
- Size: 60.7 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: True Software Scandinavia AB
- © True Software Scandinavia AB
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- 1 month Truecaller Professional$1.99