Identify and block spam calls or SMS, search for unknown numbers, call and chat with friends. With a community-based spam list from over 250 million users, Truecaller is the only phone app you’ll ever need.
AVOID ANNOYING SPAM CALLS & SMS
- Automatically identify spam, fraud and Robocalls before you pick up
- Block unwanted callers and SMS
(Enable Spam Identification and Blocking from Settings-> Phone-> Call Blocking & Identification)
FIND NAMES OF ANY CALLER
- Enter any number to lookup name and other contact info
- Lookup phone numbers directly from your native call history using the Share extension
- Copy a number and look at the Truecaller widget to see contact details
- Make calls directly from the app
- Use T9 search to call friends quickly
- See when your friends are free to talk
- See more information about your phonebook contacts
- Free Chat with your friends and family on Truecaller
- Send messages, photos and videos to anyone on Truecaller
TRUECALLER PAY - UPI Payments and recharges (*India only):
- Safe, secure and instant money transfers - 24/7
- Quick mobile recharges and bill payments
- Manage all your bank accounts with BHIM-UPI
- Bank grade security provided by ICICI Bank
TRUECALLER PREMIUM - Upgrade and get access to:
- Know who viewed your profile
- Get the Premium badge on your profile
- Get 30 contact requests per month
- Remove all ads
- Auto-renewing subscription ($1.99 monthly / $17.99 yearly - price varies by country)
Truecaller respects your right to privacy. Your phonebook is never made searchable or public.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- FAQ: http://truecaller.com/faq
(Please note: Payment for auto-renewing subscription to Truecaller Premium will be charged to your iTunes account upon confirmation of purchase. Subscription can be managed and auto-renewal can be turned off by going to the Account Settings on your device. To avoid renewal, you must cancel at least 24 hours before your subscription ends. Your account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period.)
* Introducing Truecaller Chat!
Freely message anyone on Truecaller. Send videos, photos and messages and so much more without worrying about SMS costs!
* Now you can get notified when someone searches for you on Truecaller. Visit the ‘Who viewed my profile’ section & upgrade to Premium to turn it on
* Subscribe to Truecaller Gold to get golden Caller ID when you call anyone
* Improved application startup time
Ratings and Reviews
Blocks spam, but not if they’re collection agencies!
I got this app, TrueCaller, and its only works part of the time. Understanding there are constantly new numbers added to the spam list, I expect to update the app database daily. Not that big of a deal. The problem is, it clearly identifies a spam caller, but still allows some through. I have found it blocks legitimate spam calls as I recently put my resume online and immediately began getting spam calls. I bought the new iPhone X 256GB, but neglected to turn the blocking options on in settings. Once that was done, no more spam calls... or so I thought. The calls I was receiving, promising job opportunities, required me to sign up for more school. Holding two bachelors and a masters degrees, I politely told the first few I had no interest in school and explained my education level. If you refuse their persistence in signing up for school, they rudely say they can’t help. Truecaller stopped these. However, while clearly marked in red a call is spam and you answer, you will find they let collection agency calls through. I’ve had my number for 10 years now and still get collection calls for someone I don’t know! I haven’t found any better app out there, though, so the collection calls will have to manually be rejected.
WORTHLESS MAIN BENEFIT IS ALLOWS REPORTING OF A SPAMMER - GEE THANKS
I find the app worthless, and the cost to privacy not near worth the price of giving the developers FULL ACCESS TO EVERY SINGLE CONTACT ON YOUR DEVICE. There are two main benefits to this app. One, is to allow you to report a spam caller as a spammer to the developer - Gee Thanks (can you hear the sarcasm dripping in my voice?). Two, allows you to double check a number that has just phone you, to see if other app holders have previously reported the number as a Spammer. Really do not understand the near five star review average, in fact I’m baffled by it. Someone, please explain to me how this is not a worthless app.
This is an update to my prior review, which follows.
[This issue has been resolved, But the app is worthless.]
In order to set up Truecaller on the iPhone, in my case an iPhone 7, to to Settings>Phone>Call Blocking & Identification to turn on Truecaller. The problem is, Truecaller does not appear in the Settings. It appears in my family’s iPhone 6 and iPhone 5. Since Truecaller does not warn about not working with iPhone 7 in its self description in the App Store, I’ve given it one star. I would have given it zero stars, but Apple does not provide the zero star option.
- True Software Scandinavia AB
- 179.5 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Arabic, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © True Software Scandinavia AB
- In-App Purchases
- Monthly Premium $2.99
- Yearly Premium $26.99
- Premium Gold $249.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.