TrueCar | Never overpay. Hassle-free, new car buying from TrueCar Certified Dealers.
By TrueCar, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
TrueCar is a free service that helps car buyers connect with our network of over 10,000 new car dealers across the U.S. Each TrueCar Certified Dealer is committed to providing upfront pricing information for every vehicle on the lot – including full disclosure of any hidden costs or fees – as part of a hassle-free car buying experience for TrueCar members. The TrueCar car buying app provides tools to understand the current market price for brand new cars and trucks in your local area, and helps you understand the Guaranteed Savings* being offered by each TrueCar Certified Dealer. The app also includes a tool that reveals the TrueCar Price from any window sticker while on a TrueCar Certified Dealer's lot.
This should help you understand what we're about:
• A service designed to facilitate new car buying without hassle or stress.
• See what others paid in your local area and compare that to the TrueCar Estimate.
• Get Guaranteed Savings buying from a TrueCar Certified Dealer (an average of $3,221 off MSRP!!)**
• Access to dealers committed to price transparency with upfront prices on every new car in stock.
• Know which salesperson to ask for to make sure you get the TrueCar hassle-free buying experience.
• No surprises, hidden fees or "extras" baked into your deal – you always know how much you should pay.
• Scan window sticker barcodes, or simply enter the last 5 digits of the VIN to get the TrueCar Price while on the lot.
• No pressure to make a decision or stress over negotiating the price.
• Easily configure and save your ideal vehicle with your favorite options, colors and the very latest manufacturer incentives.
• Get competitive price estimates for the new car you desire from up to three TrueCar Certified Dealers.
• Receive offers on in-stock vehicles within 24 hours of engaging with your dealer.
Some stuff our marketing team thought we should mention:
• 97% of TrueCar users who purchased a car from a Certified Dealer would recommend to others. (That's pretty cool.)
• Over 1,300,000 cars sold by TrueCar Certified Dealers to our members.
• Members buying with TrueCar have saved more than $1 billion off MSRP.
Some stuff the lawyers wanted us to mention:
* Guaranteed Savings currently not available in all states. In these instances, a "Target Price" is presented, which is not an advertised price, but an example of what you can reasonably expect to pay for a vehicle with your preferred options. Guaranteed Savings represents the amount that a TrueCar Certified Dealer selected by you guarantees that you will save off the Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price ("MSRP") on any in-stock vehicle that is the same make, model, and trim as your Ideal Vehicle. The Guaranteed Savings is based on a vehicle without factory or dealer installed options and includes generally available manufacturer incentives.
** Between 4/1/14 and 6/30/14, the average estimated savings off MSRP presented by TrueCar Certified Dealers to users of TrueCar powered websites, based on users who configured virtual vehicles and subsequently purchased a new vehicle of the same make and model listed on the certificate from Certified Dealers, was $3,221, including applicable vehicle specific manufacturer incentives. Your actual savings may vary based on multiple factors including the vehicle you select, region, dealer, and applicable vehicle specific manufacturer incentives which are subject to change. The Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price ("MSRP") is determined by the manufacturer, and may not reflect the price at which vehicles are generally sold in the dealer's trade area as not all vehicles are sold at MSRP. Each dealer sets its own pricing. Your actual purchase price is negotiated between you and the dealer. TrueCar does not sell or lease motor vehicles.
What's New in Version 5.5
Version 5.5 of the TrueCar car buying app is here! We fixed a couple of bugs, and kept all the great changes from our recent 5.4 update. Check out some of our changes:
• For vehicles that offer TrueCash, you can now receive the discount code on the vehicle detail screen and add it to Passbook.
• Getting your TrueCar price while at a Certified Dealership has never been easier. Simply browse the dealer's new cars, and select your vehicle to get the TrueCar price.
Of course the TrueCar app still offers all of the robust features we've developed for new car shoppers, including:
• Access to our network of over 10,000 dealers offering Guaranteed Savings in a hassle-free car buying experience.
• Our price check feature that allows you to scan window stickers to see the TrueCar Price while on the dealer's lot.
• Connection to the right salesperson who knows all about the TrueCar program.
• Connection to a TrueCar associate any time you have questions. We're here to help you understand how TrueCar works and guide you through the experience.
• Competitive price estimates from up to three dealers who strive to provide you with offers on in-stock vehicles that best match your new car preferences.
I love this app. I used it when it was part of American Express service and I used it to buy my 2016 Explorer. Most dealerships don't tell you that their part of true car because they know that they will make less money. Before you go to a dealer, print out your true car certificate and head to the authorized dealer. That's price is your 99% of your negotiating power. App is great because you can add all your options right on the spot.
Understand what you are getting
This service is almost a scam. You won't get the best price that you could if you are good at haggling, and I understood that. I wanted a no hassle experience. Not only did the dealerships not have the vehicle I requested via TrueCar, but they would try to increase the price via fees. We are talking by a substantial amount (more than $1000). TrueCar represents the dealers and not the customer. If you understand this and use it as a tool to start the discussion with dealers, then you won't be as disappointed. You will still have to haggle unfortunately. If you want a true no haggle experience, go to carmax.
Great car buying &/or shopping app
I think this is a must have app when car buying. Really helps you take the hassle out of car buying.
- Category: Lifestyle
- Updated: Jun 25, 2015
- Version: 5.5
- Size: 31.0 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: TrueCar, Inc.
- Copyright ©2013-2015 TrueCar, Inc. All rights reserved.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.