TrueCar: Hassle-Free Car Buying
By TrueCar, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
TrueCar is a free service that helps car buyers connect with our network of over 10,000 new car dealers across the U.S. Each TrueCar Certified Dealer is committed to providing upfront pricing information for every vehicle on the lot – including full disclosure of any hidden costs or fees – as part of a hassle-free car buying experience for TrueCar members. The TrueCar car buying app provides tools to understand the current market price for brand new cars and trucks in your local area, and helps you understand the Guaranteed Savings* being offered by each TrueCar Certified Dealer. The app also includes a tool that reveals the TrueCar Price from any window sticker while on a TrueCar Certified Dealer's lot.
This should help you understand what we're about:
• A service designed to facilitate new car buying without hassle or stress.
• See what others paid in your local area and compare that to the TrueCar Estimate.
• Get Guaranteed Savings buying from a TrueCar Certified Dealer (an average of $3,221 off MSRP!!)**
• Access to dealers committed to price transparency with upfront prices on every new car in stock.
• Know which salesperson to ask for to make sure you get the TrueCar hassle-free buying experience.
• No surprises, hidden fees or "extras" baked into your deal – you always know how much you should pay.
• Scan window sticker barcodes, or simply enter the last 5 digits of the VIN to get the TrueCar Price while on the lot.
• No pressure to make a decision or stress over negotiating the price.
• Easily configure and save your ideal vehicle with your favorite options, colors and the very latest manufacturer incentives.
• Get competitive price estimates for the new car you desire from up to three TrueCar Certified Dealers.
• Receive offers on in-stock vehicles within 24 hours of engaging with your dealer.
Some stuff our marketing team thought we should mention:
• 97% of TrueCar users who purchased a car from a Certified Dealer would recommend to others. (That's pretty cool.)
• Over 1,300,000 cars sold by TrueCar Certified Dealers to our members.
• Members buying with TrueCar have saved more than $1 billion off MSRP.
Some stuff the lawyers wanted us to mention:
* Guaranteed Savings currently not available in all states. In these instances, a "Target Price" is presented, which is not an advertised price, but an example of what you can reasonably expect to pay for a vehicle with your preferred options. Guaranteed Savings represents the amount that a TrueCar Certified Dealer selected by you guarantees that you will save off the Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price ("MSRP") on any in-stock vehicle that is the same make, model, and trim as your Ideal Vehicle. The Guaranteed Savings is based on a vehicle without factory or dealer installed options and includes generally available manufacturer incentives.
** Between 4/1/14 and 6/30/14, the average estimated savings off MSRP presented by TrueCar Certified Dealers to users of TrueCar powered websites, based on users who configured virtual vehicles and subsequently purchased a new vehicle of the same make and model listed on the certificate from Certified Dealers, was $3,221, including applicable vehicle specific manufacturer incentives. Your actual savings may vary based on multiple factors including the vehicle you select, region, dealer, and applicable vehicle specific manufacturer incentives which are subject to change. The Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price ("MSRP") is determined by the manufacturer, and may not reflect the price at which vehicles are generally sold in the dealer's trade area as not all vehicles are sold at MSRP. Each dealer sets its own pricing. Your actual purchase price is negotiated between you and the dealer. TrueCar does not sell or lease motor vehicles.
What's New in Version 6.3
No updates that you'll likely notice but we've made a number of improvements to make the app run more smoothly for you.
Cool app for comparing car prices. However, within just a few minutes of looking at some cars, I received several calls, voicemails, emails, and texts from different dealerships about the cars I looked at. I never gave direct consent to be contacted in this manner, TrueCar should provide a notification before you proceed far enough that dealerships will try to contact you regarding what you're looking at. I'm just trying to do research and am nowhere near ready to buy yet. I'm not at the stage where I'm ready to talk to a salesperson, and when I am, I will go to them. Very annoying to have to go through and unsubscribe to all of these emails and texts.
USED to be a great app
I've always had a great experience with this app until recent updates. Even when requesting pricing, the process was very professional and low pressure. The current update, however, has made it very difficult to compare models with different trim packages. It seems impossible or completely nonintuitive to edit a vehicle. Each new trim package seems to require a new vehicle build. Way too annoying. Also could not find support. From my mobile device the link from the apple screen goes directly to the about page on their site. No way to get help to solve problem.
Opt In process is not clear
The app worked great and the discount was "honored" at most dealers with varying caveats. It was apparent they weren't happy I used the app and the discount. I also blindly out my mobile number in the screen because the disclosure said they wouldn't release it without my approval. I literally had dozens of calls at the same time as soon as I submitted that screen with no clear "opt in" and now no clear "opt out". I've purchased a vehicle and continue to get calls.
- Category: Shopping
- Updated: Jan 19, 2016
- Version: 6.3
- Size: 47.4 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: TrueCar, Inc.
- Copyright ©2013-2015 TrueCar, Inc. All rights reserved.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.