TrueCar: The Car-Buying App
By TrueCar, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
TrueCar is a free service that helps new and used car buyers connect with our network of over 11,000 Certified Dealers across the U.S to receive transparent pricing on over one million in-stock vehicles. Each TrueCar Certified Dealer is committed to providing upfront pricing information on every vehicle on the lot – including full disclosure of all taxes and fees – to all TrueCar members. The TrueCar car-buying app provides tools to understand the current market price for the same vehicle in your local area, and helps you understand the Guaranteed Savings* being offered by each TrueCar Certified Dealer. Price Check, an additional feature of this app, allows members direct access to the TrueCar Price Estimate just by scanning the window sticker at any Certified Dealership.
This should help you understand what we're all about:
• A service designed to facilitate new and used car buying with access to transparent pricing from a network of over 11,000 Certified Dealers.
• See what others paid in your local area and compare that to the TrueCar Estimate.
• Save on average $3,279 off MSRP when buying from a TrueCar Certified Dealer**.
• Search over 500,000 pre-owned vehicles from TrueCar Certified Dealers with the same guaranteed savings.
• Access to Dealers committed to Transparent Pricing on every vehicle in stock.
• Connect directly with a representative at the Dealership with questions or to schedule a test drive.
• Scan window sticker barcodes, or enter the last 5 digits of the VIN to get the TrueCar Price Check to get the TrueCar Estimate while on the lot.
• Easily configure and save your ideal vehicle with your favorite options, colors and manufacturer incentives.
• Receive VIN based offers on in-stock vehicles.
Some stuff our marketing team thought we should mention:
• 97% of TrueCar users who purchased a car from a Certified Dealer would recommend to others. (That's pretty cool.)
• Over 2,500,000 cars sold by TrueCar Certified Dealers to our members.
• Members buying with TrueCar have saved more than $1 billion off MSRP.
Some stuff the lawyers wanted us to mention:
* Guaranteed Savings currently not available in all states. In these instances, a "Target Price" is presented, which is not an advertised price, but an example of what you can reasonably expect to pay for a vehicle with your preferred options. Guaranteed Savings represents the amount that a TrueCar Certified Dealer selected by you guarantees that you will save off the Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price ("MSRP") on any in-stock vehicle that is the same make, model, and trim as your Ideal Vehicle. The Guaranteed Savings is based on a vehicle without factory or dealer installed options and includes generally available manufacturer incentives.
** Between 4/1/14 and 6/30/14, the average estimated savings off MSRP presented by TrueCar Certified Dealers to users of TrueCar powered websites, based on users who configured virtual vehicles and subsequently purchased a new vehicle of the same make and model listed on the certificate from Certified Dealers, was $3,279, including applicable vehicle specific manufacturer incentives. Your actual savings may vary based on multiple factors including the vehicle you select, region, dealer, and applicable vehicle specific manufacturer incentives which are subject to change. The Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price ("MSRP") is determined by the manufacturer, and may not reflect the price at which vehicles are generally sold in the dealer's trade area as not all vehicles are sold at MSRP. Each dealer sets its own pricing. Your actual purchase price is negotiated between you and the dealer. TrueCar does not sell or lease motor vehicles.
What's New in Version 9.1
Version 9.1 of the TrueCar buying app is here! Check out some of our changes:
• Introducing Used Car! Now you can search over 500,000 pre-owned vehicles from TrueCar Certified Dealers with the same guaranteed savings.
• Various bug fixes and stability improvements.
Of course the TrueCar app still offers all of the robust features we've developed for car shoppers, including:
• Access to our network of over 11,000 Dealers offering Guaranteed Savings on every car on the lot.
• Connection to the right salesperson who knows all about the TrueCar program.
• Connection to a TrueCar customer representative any time you have questions. We're here to help you understand how TrueCar works and guide you through the experience.
• Guaranteed Savings from Certified TrueCar dealers in your local area who strive to provide you with offers on in-stock vehicles that match your new car preferences.
Great Application To Simply Browse (and learn!)
Well it's definitely not it's intended purpose, but I sit around and look through this app to learn about brands and models all the time. It's great. I give it 4 stars because even though it's very informative it could be a little less intense on the car advertising. Sometimes you just want to see what a Mazda 6 looks like and you get this whole new interface with large bold phrases like "Your life just got a whole lot better" or "The new way to turn everyone's head"
It's a bit too much sometimes, and the interface makes it unpleasant to browse the models with this particular setup. However the app is great simply for the sake of acquiring more knowledge about cars and their brands. Give it a try!
Update: the used car section is a joke. I can't believe they made the configuration for browsing cars so bad. I've had to re-enter my info probably 10 times already due to having very poorly made and placed back arrows. There isn't even a warning message when you are about to cancel out of everything, and NO saved searches. Never again.
App works, needs refinement for better score
I'll admit up front the two stars stems from the bad experience with this app that inspired me to write this review.
·App definitely works: you can browse used and new cars.
·The new car builder is pretty cool. The app allows you to "build" your own new car by selecting options and then searching in your area for that car.
·Has an "I'm interested" button that forwards your information to the dealer and a salesperson will reach out to you.
·You need to swipe back if you don't want to start over. There is an X in the top right that will close your current search completely and in the top left there is a < "back" button that also closes your current search but to a different screen.
·Every time the above happens the app forgets your search filters. Please fix this. Either make it static per session or force the filters before starting the search.
·There are more filters available on the website. Yes, even the mobile site. There is little point to an app that a mobile website outperforms. Specifically the app will not allow you to filter by trim from the app.
Idea: maybe be able to connect to the different "car buying services" to whom you sell your branding. "Discounts Available" is nice but seeing the $ off would be helpful for affordability sake.
Fix the above issues for a better review. I would like to leave a better one because the website is awesome but the app needs work.
Neither independent nor transparent
This service and app is nothing more than a lead generator for car salesmen. You build and price your car, enter your info, and within minutes your phone is ringing off the hook from local car dealers that have partial matches of what you want. So you aren't really getting anything special. The commercial implies you find car listings with transparent pricing and some 3rd party market analytics to determine whether you are getting a good deal. If you have to talk to the dealer to discuss the car and price, you aren't really getting 3rd party objectivity. The little bell curve you see on the commercial is a gimmick; for example I searched for a car and got three partial matches, to which it tried to fit a distribution, but these weren't really cars with the specifications I wanted, I.e it wasn't an apples-apples comparison at all. I was hoping for fixed pricing transparency (like Carmax) across dealerships with some leverage to negotiate. Instead I am getting hounded by phone calls by the exact sleazebags I hoped to avoid. No thanks.
- Category: Shopping
- Updated: Jul 29, 2016
- Version: 9.1
- Size: 98.1 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: TrueCar, Inc.
- Copyright ©2013-2016 TrueCar, Inc. All rights reserved.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.