TrueCar | Never overpay. Hassle-free, new car buying from TrueCar Certified Dealers.
By TrueCar, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
TrueCar is a free service that helps car buyers connect with our network of over 10,000 new car dealers across the U.S. Each TrueCar Certified Dealer is committed to providing upfront pricing information for every vehicle on the lot – including full disclosure of any hidden costs or fees – as part of a hassle-free car buying experience for TrueCar members. The TrueCar car buying app provides tools to understand the current market price for brand new cars and trucks in your local area, and helps you understand the Guaranteed Savings* being offered by each TrueCar Certified Dealer. The app also includes a tool that reveals the TrueCar Price from any window sticker while on a TrueCar Certified Dealer's lot.
This should help you understand what we're about:
• A service designed to facilitate new car buying without hassle or stress.
• See what others paid in your local area and compare that to the TrueCar Estimate.
• Get Guaranteed Savings buying from a TrueCar Certified Dealer (an average of $3,221 off MSRP!!)**
• Access to dealers committed to price transparency with upfront prices on every new car in stock.
• Know which salesperson to ask for to make sure you get the TrueCar hassle-free buying experience.
• No surprises, hidden fees or "extras" baked into your deal – you always know how much you should pay.
• Scan window sticker barcodes, or simply enter the last 5 digits of the VIN to get the TrueCar Price while on the lot.
• No pressure to make a decision or stress over negotiating the price.
• Easily configure and save your ideal vehicle with your favorite options, colors and the very latest manufacturer incentives.
• Get competitive price estimates for the new car you desire from up to three TrueCar Certified Dealers.
• Receive offers on in-stock vehicles within 24 hours of engaging with your dealer.
Some stuff our marketing team thought we should mention:
• 97% of TrueCar users who purchased a car from a Certified Dealer would recommend to others. (That's pretty cool.)
• Over 1,300,000 cars sold by TrueCar Certified Dealers to our members.
• Members buying with TrueCar have saved more than $1 billion off MSRP.
Some stuff the lawyers wanted us to mention:
* Guaranteed Savings currently not available in all states. In these instances, a "Target Price" is presented, which is not an advertised price, but an example of what you can reasonably expect to pay for a vehicle with your preferred options. Guaranteed Savings represents the amount that a TrueCar Certified Dealer selected by you guarantees that you will save off the Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price ("MSRP") on any in-stock vehicle that is the same make, model, and trim as your Ideal Vehicle. The Guaranteed Savings is based on a vehicle without factory or dealer installed options and includes generally available manufacturer incentives.
** Between 4/1/14 and 6/30/14, the average estimated savings off MSRP presented by TrueCar Certified Dealers to users of TrueCar powered websites, based on users who configured virtual vehicles and subsequently purchased a new vehicle of the same make and model listed on the certificate from Certified Dealers, was $3,221, including applicable vehicle specific manufacturer incentives. Your actual savings may vary based on multiple factors including the vehicle you select, region, dealer, and applicable vehicle specific manufacturer incentives which are subject to change. The Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price ("MSRP") is determined by the manufacturer, and may not reflect the price at which vehicles are generally sold in the dealer's trade area as not all vehicles are sold at MSRP. Each dealer sets its own pricing. Your actual purchase price is negotiated between you and the dealer. TrueCar does not sell or lease motor vehicles.
What's New in Version 5.9
No updates that you'll likely notice but we've made a number of improvements to make the app run more smoothly for you.
Great Way to Save Money
Yesterday I went into a dealer and they gave me their best price. I went home did some research and found out the dealers price was high. I called around to a few other dealers and got the run around. I had heard of Truecar but have never used it. I downloaded the app and price out the car I wanted. The price came back $7000 less than what the dealer had offered. Truecar's price was under invoice. I looked and the Truecar dealer was a three hour drive but for $7000 I can drive. I decided to stop at my local dealer and see if they would match before I started driving. They matched it after some talking and I got a great deal.
I have read some of the bad reviews about being on spam lists and yes the dealers start calling you and emailing you but if you are trying to buy a car that is what you want. I want them fighting for my business. After you are done buying a car you can opt out of any unwanted mails. Save yourself some money and don't worry about the spam.
Great way to find competitive
No more haggling or running around 10 dealers!! When I bought my last car I had to spend 2 weekends going to different dealers for the same car for hours of haggling and some unnecessary test drives. This time true car told me the guy giving me the best price and it was just about test driving to determine which model. Reduced a lot of the hassle.
One suggestion for the truecar guys - add a similar finance comparator tool to find the best rates for a given area and credit score so that before going to the dealer I can have the financing worked out therefore further reducing hassle. Great tool anyways!!
Great Hassle Free way to get Car Prices
If you don’t want to negotiate or deal with the car buying experience in the dealership, this app is great. You register your information, then browse for cars, then “lock-in” the price.
One word of warning, when you request a price, you are sending your info to the dealers. These dealers have sales people who are doing their best to sell cars and provide good service will email you and call you. When signing up, I’d recommend that you use a phone number and an email address that you are comfortable sharing with dealers.
The negative reviews I read now are mostly about sharing your data and then getting responses from dealers. The app can make it more visible that by pressing this button you are sharing your registration data with dealers who will likely contact you.
I do recommend the app.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Lifestyle
- Updated: Oct 01, 2015
- Version: 5.9
- Size: 38.0 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: TrueCar, Inc.
- Copyright ©2013-2015 TrueCar, Inc. All rights reserved.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.