TrueMotion Family is a FREE family-oriented driving app that gives you a complete picture of your family's driving safety. We’re the only app that tells you where your family members are and how they got there, with details on exactly how they drove including phone use, texting, aggressive driving, speeding, and more.
With TrueMotion Family you can:
• See where your teen driver is.
• See how they got there.
• See if your teen is driving responsibly (and if they’re texting or using the phone while driving).
• Engage your entire family by inviting them to your app Family. Friends are welcome too!
• And, see how your teen ranks compared to the rest of your Family.
The app engages the whole family to become safe and responsible drivers by tracking behaviors, scoring and ranking each driver and sharing the results to the whole family (or other group). In addition to showing driving behavior, TrueMotion Family also shares family members’ locations so you can see where everyone in your family is and how they got there.
If you don’t want to share the details of your location with the group, you can easily turn off your location details in settings to keep your location private.
Car trips are graded using a simple 100 point scale (where 100 is the best score). Teen drivers and their families can use their driving score to gain insights into responsible driving, identify risky behavior, and monitor improvement over time. Other driving behaviors indicative of risk like Aggressive Driving and High Speeds are called out within the app and factored into your score.
With a quick glance, you can see where your family is and how they’re driving, and how their driving compares to yours. Zoom in on individual family members with a tap to see scoring details and their trip history.
TrueMotion Family helps everyone stay on track and make safe decisions when they’re behind the wheel. We love safe drivers!
Disclaimer: continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
Fixes and improvements
Ratings and Reviews
The perfect invisible companion
Provides objective evidence couples, parents, adult-children, friends have needed since cars were invented to prove or disprove how someone is driving. I would love to have my entire extended family on this app under my family. Having the best score or not having the lowest score for each category is a natural contest that needs no additional motivation and as a byproduct you and your family are becoming safer drivers!
I would like to see...
1. How much over the 10 mphs someone was driving. Perhaps this is difficult to be accurate to instill confidence so maybe you could group it such as <15mph, 15-25mph, >25mph.
2. I would characterize Hard Stops as Rapid Deceleration. Rapid Acceleration can also be very dangerous so I'm wondering if it could be possible to add a view that provides for displaying instances where the car increased or decreased its speed by more than 15mph/s plus or minus.
3. I understand that talking on the phone is dangerous but I don't agree it's nearly as dangerous to be aggregated together with texting. It would be very useful to see what type of "hand" usage was taking place whether that be, using maps, talking on the phone with and without loud speaker, texting etc.
Great tool to use with new drivers
Love that this app gives our family a way to stay accountable and keep safe driving a top priority. It’s kind of a game to see who can have a better score and anything that makes my 16 year old son a more cautious driver is a win in my book! We’ve been using it for a few weeks now and it seems pretty darn accurate. Agree with what another reviewer said and would like to see a speed breakdown by range: 10-15 over, 15-20 over, over 20. Also would like to see rapid acceleration too. Overall, a really great tool!!
Great start but needs improvements
This is the best free app to monitor driving. What it lacks is setting parameters e.g. It considers speeding when u r 10 over limit which is too much for city driving where we typically want to monitor. This should be something one can adjust. I would call this the biggest drawback. However, overall considering the vacuum in this app space this is the best effort as long as they are working on improving the app
- TrueMotion, Inc.
- 58.3 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2017 TrueMotion
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.