Trulia helps you discover the perfect home AND neighborhood for your lifestyle to buy or rent. Get an authentic feel of what it’s like to live there with crowdsourced local insights, 34 neighborhood map overlays, and local stories and photos. Browse updated MLS listings with robust search filters, easily plan open houses, and customize instant alerts to stay ahead of the real estate market.
Trulia Real Estate Key Features:
NEW! TRULIA NEIGHBORHOODS - neighborhood information, all in one place
• Tour the neighborhood with original photos, local stories, and drone footage
• Get a genuine feel of the neighborhood with the What Locals Say feature, ranging from whether people feel safe walking alone at night to if people decorate their homes for the holidays
• Browse 34 neighborhood heat overlay maps including crime, schools, price trends, amenities, and commute
REAL ESTATE LISTINGS - sourced from MLS databases
• Stay updated with 100M+ new listings and personalized recommendations that match your home searches
• View maps in normal, satellite or terrain mode
• Find any type of property, such as a condo, apartment, single family homes, or foreclosures
• Filter for specific house attributes such as number of bedrooms, pool, parking spots, lot size, etc
• Connect with highly rated agents to find a home you love
DETAILED HOME LISTINGS
• Browse beautiful photos of homes
• Calculate multiple commutes by different transportation modes
• Research schools in the neighborhood with trustworthy reviews from parents
• Leverage pricing info on recently sold homes to spot high-value properties
• Understand local LGBT non-discrimination laws for housing, employment, and public accommodations
HOUSE BUYING ALERTS - in real-time
• Be the first to know when there is a new MLS listing match, status change, or price drop
• Customize email and push notification alerts to manage information most relevant to you
OPEN HOMES SCHEDULING TOOL
• Plan and manage open houses with calendar sync and mapping directions
• Find and save open house suggestions
• Calculate the full cost of owning your dream home, taking into account: mortgage, interest rate, HOA, homeowners insurance, and property taxes
• Determine what you can afford based on your current financial situation
We love feedback and requests! Send us yours anytime at iPhone@trulia.com.
• We’ve heard you! You can now access more home information directly from a saved open house in your calendar.
• New feature! Renters can now see Special Offers available on a property like reduced pricing or incentives for taking a tour, all from the property page.
Ratings and Reviews
I like it and I don't
Like I'm sure others have said, you c ant clear recommended, and sometimes the recommendations are no where near what you're interested in, or can even afford (as much as I'd like to be able to afford a quarter million dollar home, throwing it in my face doesn't help :)). Another issue I have is the FEED. It started out being a good thing. But now, houses I've no interest in (maybe saved them at one point but are no longer) pop on and off the market DAILY, and fill the entire feed. There has to be away to report listings that are constantly on and off the market (possible fake listings) or at least remove them permanently. I don't want to see the same two houses 24 times on my feed jumping on and off he market.
However, the positives are that typically I find more houses on this app than I do others. I call them "Hidden" listings, because living in a woodsy and farmsy Midwestern state, a lot of listings in these areas don't get listed on other apps, from what I can tell at least. With the last update I thought it was easier to "unsave" listings, but with them popping up a hundred times in my feed, I'm not so sure it worked haha. I still use the app, just think it could be better. N
It’s useful and easier to navigate compared to other apps. The listings go up a bit later but if you aren’t looking in a super hot zone where days matter, it’s a pretty good app. There needs to be a cancel for request information and the DTI meter I think is backwards too. There definitely need to be some fixes but like I said, it’s easier to navigate.
Also, foreclosures, more are listed on this app than the other apps I use, and they more often than not, they pan out to still be up for sale. I actually type the addresses into Zillow, as they sometimes provide pictures inside. Trulia provides a street view always so you can get a rough feeling on how the neighborhood is and if the house needs a lot of TLC on the outside or not. Trulia’s maps of disaster, crime and what not are extremely useful and accurate thus far. It has its flaws but it also provides some aspects other apps don’t.
Decent app, one major flaw
I like this app because it has a lot of options, especially viewing neighborhood data like schools and crime etc...
However there is a huge problem of moron jerk faces posting “lot” or “land” that “would be great to build on” and crap like that on home listings. Additionally when builders list “not yet built” but list “plans and a lot”. This is so frustrating and these listings should be pulled. They should have their own section for people who actually are interested in that.
This app would be 5 miles ahead of all other platforms if they would add the ability to “report” those listings, to be pulled so that everyone doesn’t have their time wasted by lying manipulative jerks. Perhaps if a certain user gets 3 or more flags in a given time they should have their account suspended. This is an ongoing problem lately and I’m sure I’m not the only prospective buyer getting mad about this.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.