Looking for an apartment or house for rent?
Trulia Apartments and Homes For Rent for iPhone and iPad takes the pain out of finding your next rental. To get started, browse new rental listings on the easy-to-navigate search and map view. Save your favorites to boards, or go ahead and contact the property by email or phone!
TRULIA RENTALS KEY FEATURES
NEW! TRULIA NEIGHBORHOODS - neighborhood information, all in one place
• Tour the neighborhood with original photos, local stories, and drone footage
• Get a genuine feel of the neighborhood with the What Locals Say feature, ranging from whether people feel safe walking alone at night to if people decorate their homes for the holidays
• Browse 34 neighborhood heat overlay maps including crime, schools, price trends, amenities, and commute
• 1-Click Request: Contact landlords and rental property managers on the go with just one click - it's that easy!
• Instant Updates: Save searches and get alerts when rental homes hit the market – you’ll be the first to know.
• What Locals Say: Learn what’s to love about a neighborhood—like whether people feel safe walking alone at night, if there’s easy parking, or if people decorate their homes for the holidays —from people who know it best: the locals!
• 34 Interactive Maps: Get a complete picture of the neighborhood with different overlay maps such as crime, schools, restaurants, affordability, and commute. Get things like school ratings and median price information for any area.
• Collections: Swipe through collections of rentals and discover new properties in a beautiful, intuitive way.
• Custom Searches: Customize your rental search by location, price, number of beds and baths, pet friendliness, and more.
Never miss a listing with our apartment finder – we identify the newest homes and apartments for rent that match your search criteria and notify you as soon as they’re available.
Note: Trulia Rentals is for properties in the USA only at this time
Comments, suggestions, feedback? Let us know what you think about Trulia Rentals at iPhone_For_Rent@trulia.com
• New feature! Renters can now see Special Offers available on a property like reduced pricing or incentives for taking a tour, all from the property page.
• We’ve heard you! You can now access more home information directly from a saved open house in your calendar.
Ratings and Reviews
Lacks Basic Features and Functionality
My review follows three attempts to contact Trulia’s Customer Support regarding the fluidity of the Trulia Rentals App (to which there was no follow-up from Trulia). Despite running the latest iOS Version, I have experienced numerous issues with my usage of the app. The biggest bug that is quite frustrating involves viewed rentals not indicating that the user has looked at the property by “greying out” the item. As soon as the app is closed out, the user has no indication of what has been seen versus what has not...because all properties reset to green. Which leads to the user spending more time reviewing items that they have previously considered during their last session. Additionally, the “NEW” tag is marked on properties that have been posted for weeks or even months. Even when this is “reported”, they remain within the system. Lately, even rentals that are no longer available are still labeled as “NEW” or “Available”. The app also doesn’t create a user experience based on the parameters and filters set by the users. The “Feed” portion is not properly customized based on user algorithms to show rental content that would interest the users based on their provided information. It is overloaded with rentals that do not match queries.
Great app with some room to grow
I have really enjoyed using Trulia rentals each time I have to move my family. It’s a great design and I love searching by map. The overall user experience is great and I completely recommend it to anyone looking for a rental home.
But (the reasons for only 4 stars and not 5) there are a few things that I’d like to see added. First of which is how it shows the local schools. While you can get a listing of all the local schools near by, and a map of the schools, I would like to know which school is ASSIGNED to that address I’m looking at without having to sift through each school’s information to find out.
Second: it would be a great added feature to be able to input some local address (like a future work address, or school or some other place that you’re likely to go to every day) and have each rental show the distance/drive time to work. For me, the drive time to work is a huge factor in where I choose to live.
Lastly, I’m not sure the app is representing the whole market. I suspect that might be a harder fix, but I’ve seen some rentals elsewhere that weren’t represented in Trulia. I like the app and I’d like it to be my single resource for my home search.
Those three issues are really smaller than I make them seem, and I do love the app, but I’d like to see them addressed. I love the app and completely recommend it for anyone looking to find a new home.
I be been using this app for about 2 years for 3 different moves! I love using the trulia app because it’s so easy to use and extremely helpful when finding a place. I always recommend it to anyone looking for a place!
I do have a suggestion though. On the filers where you can select how many bedrooms your looking for, could you change it from “1+” to just 1 and so on with all the others? It just doesn’t make any sense. No matter if I choose “1+” 3 and 4 bedrooms still show up, so I might as well leave the filter on “any.” If I’m only looking for a 1 bedroom apartment why would I be looking for “1+”? I think it’s make more sense if the filters were just “1, 2, 3, 4, 5+” bedrooms. Just a suggestion, I still LOVE your app!
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.