With TruLink and the Made for iPhone hearing aid, people with hearing loss can go anywhere and do everything more conveniently than ever before. That’s because TruLink seamlessly connects your hearing aids to your iPhone®, iPad® or iPod touch® — so you can easily stream phone calls, music, FaceTime®, videos and more directly to your ears with pristine sound quality.
TruLink works with Made for iPhone hearing aids from Starkey, Audibel, NuEar, MicroTech and AGX Hearing. These hearing aids must be purchased from a hearing care professional. Please go to trulinkhearing.com to locate a professional near you.
• Enables carefree communication using your iPhone
• Delivers superior sound and pristine audio streaming of any music or media played through your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch
• Lets you personalize and geo-tag memories to match what you do and where you go
• Can change memories automatically based on personalized geo-tags (e.g. Coffee Shop memory kicks in when you walk into a Coffee Shop)
• Adapts automatically when you travel in a car*
• Allows you to record, play back and email live sound sources
• Allows Siri® to read emails and texts to you thru your hearing aids
• Lets you control your hearing aid volume and memories via your iPhone
• Find a lost or misplaced hearing aid
*Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
Ratings and Reviews
2 years and very happy.
Today was the 2nd time in two years that I have had any trouble with the Hilo TrueLink App. A few months ago when one hearing aid would not connect it was a software update on the hearing aids that was needed. As IOS iPhone is updated sometime changes in the IOS work different. Today, I deleted several other apps and when I went to use the app several hours later I could not get a connection on either hearing aid. To fix I deleted the app and reinstalled it. I did a new pairing and all is good. I suspect an app I deleted may have been sharing a file in IOS.
For those with connection problems do go back to your audiologist to get the latest hearing aid firmware. For those who complain about the sound quality is all in the programming. My audiologist insisted on three visits over a few months to tweak the settings. One year later on another visit he made changes that greatly improved so I could hear more clearly. Right now the left hearing aid is set a bit too high and it needs for it to be again, tweaked. But he is 170 miles away so my next trip to my old home area I’ll have him make another adjustment.
I learned that over time your hearing does change and the ability that these aids can be finely tune is remarkable. I’m very happy with these very expensive aids but worth every penny. Able to find tune them with the app is all a great benefit but it doesn’t have the same range as the audiologist can do.
Very poor app
The Halo hearing aids are wonderful. Not do for this app. I give this 1 star because I cannot go any lower. One of the selling points of the hearing aids was the Bluetooth control with IPhone. There is no control with this app. It disconnects first one side then the other. The only way to get back connected is to either “reset” the app or to turn off Bluetooth and turn back on. My phone is connected through the app and works great when it works. Sometimes you can only hear through one of them. This is because the other is not connected to the app. At other times while talking with phone it will suddenly disconnect from one side or even both requiring me to go to settings to disable Bluetooth and re-enable it so connection can be re-established. Says you can customize settings but have yet found a way to do so without making the sound coming in to have a very “ tinning” sound to it. Increasing the volume through the app amplifies a lot of background noise to the point it does not help. I have waited or almost a year for something to be done about this app to make it more usable.
This app gives me a headache
The Starkey Halo 2 app and aids are terrible. I wish I had read the reviews before I bought my hearing aids. I would have bought some other brand. The normal setting on the aids does not work in a consistent manner and I get feedback from high notes and long “s” sounds when people speak. This doesn’t happen when I change to one of my custom programs. However, the app does not stay connected. This app seems to get worse everyday. Either it can’t find the one or both aids or it takes so long to link with the aids, it closes and I have to open it again or turn my Bluetooth on and off to get a connection. My phone calls and text alerts only come through the phone sometimes and often in only one aid. If I’m on a call more than 10 minutes, I get feedback. I used to get my alarms thru my aids but that doesn’t work any longer. Starkey needs to give their customers what they advertise and quit blaming iPhone.
- Starkey Laboratories, Inc.
- 242.5 MB
- Health & Fitness
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Dutch, French, German, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2018 Starkey Laboratories, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.