TruLink Hearing Control
By Starkey Laboratories
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
With TruLink and the Made for iPhone hearing aid, people with hearing loss can go anywhere and do everything more conveniently than ever before. That’s because TruLink seamlessly connects your hearing aids to your iPhone®, iPad® or iPod touch® — so you can easily stream phone calls, music, FaceTime®, videos and more directly to your ears with pristine sound quality.
TruLink works with Made for iPhone hearing aids from Starkey, Audibel, NuEar, MicroTech and AGX Hearing. These hearing aids must be purchased from a hearing care professional. Please go to trulinkhearing.com to locate a professional near you.
• Enables carefree communication using your iPhone
• Delivers superior sound and pristine audio streaming of any music or media played through your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch
• Lets you personalize and geo-tag memories to match what you do and where you go
• Can change memories automatically based on personalized geo-tags (e.g. Coffee Shop memory kicks in when you walk into a Coffee Shop)
• Adapts automatically when you travel in a car*
• Allows you to record, play back and email live sound sources
• Allows Siri® to read emails and texts to you thru your hearing aids
• Lets you control your hearing aid volume and memories via your iPhone
• Find a lost or misplaced hearing aid
*Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
What's New in Version 4.1.0
General improvements and minor bug fixes.
iOS 10.3 has improved the connectivity between the iOS device and hearing aids. We recommend using iOS 10.3 or higher.
Needs some improvement
I am new to this app and have some mixed feelings about it. I like that you can set personal sound memories and set GPS locations tracker on the memories. The streaming is great. However, I have a couple of issues. One issue is that one or both of my aids lose connection to the app quite frequently. I then have to restart my phone and open the battery compartment in my aids to restore connection. It's very frustrating. Especially when I need to adjust the sound and I can't get them to connect or when my heating is uneven because one aid lost connection. I also feel the app is too slow to load, especially when loading memories. Lastly, I am also visually impaired and the app is too white for me to see everything. I can't see the dots on the volume bars or in sound space which makes it very challenging to adjust the volume and sound for me. When I invert colors on my iPhone everything turns black which doesn't help since again the adjustments all blend in too much. There isn't any color contrast for those of us that are visually and hearing impaired. Please add some contrast!
New user - to hearing aids & TruLink
Nice to hear again. Sound quality is better than I was prepared for. Good to tailor sound to situation - easier than expected. I'm using iPhone 5s and an apple watch and as others have mentioned in the reviews. Like the app but have issues with bluetooth continuity & connectivity. I use apple devices intensely - if there is an envelope edge I will fall over it.
My real complaints are as much about phone operating systems as the apps function. I am in and out of the car into offices all day & I use the watch - but it does not maintain a continuous connection. Ok if you like fussing with devices (I do) but it really is a new vehicle.
If you want seamless & low maintenance it's not here yet. If you like hearing & don't mind learning new skills, enjoy and gripe and ask for mo better.
Not so good
The app is not very good at all. The battery indicators are never accurate. The app responds slowly when loading and when selecting preset settings. The app is difficult to navigate within and very confusing when setting up. Also when in your car the app will drop connection to the aid and then pick it up again causing your connection to switch from aids to car to phone and then keep changing. I actually have to remove my aids when I'm my car because of this.
UPDATE: customer service reached out to me yesterday offering to help with connection issues in car. I called them today. While it is not a full fix it is a workaround. Customer service rep seemed knowledgeable and very nice. Hopefully more fixes and improvements are on the way.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Health & Fitness
- Updated: Apr 17, 2017
- Version: 4.1.0
- Size: 216 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, Dutch, French, German, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: Starkey Laboratories, Inc.
- © 2017 Starkey Laboratories, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.