Truphone – Free calls & messages, local or international
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Call and message other Truphone users for free over Wi-Fi, 3G and 4G. Call around the world for just cents per minute. Keep your existing phone number and enjoy the clarity of HD calls. Make your smartphone a Truphone.
• Free calls – Call other Truphone users for free over Wi-Fi, 3G or 4G
• Keep your number – No new numbers to tell your friends about
• Messaging - Send and receive messages for free to all of your Truphone contacts.
• Great rates when calling mobiles or landlines around the world
• We won’t spam you, there are no adverts in our app
• Protect your privacy with our ‘Secure Calling’ feature
• Call in HD over Wi-Fi
What our users say:
• 5/5 - ‘Better than Skype’
• 5/5 - ‘Perfect for travelling!’
• 5/5 - ‘Absolutely brilliant, very clear, incredibly cheap calls’
• 5/5 - ‘Call quality is excellent’
Remember you may be charged by your operator for mobile data use.
What's New in Version 5.5
- Support for the larger displays on iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Bug Fixes
Great Money Saver
I have the T-Mobile $30, 100 min plan. I use another VoIP provider for most calls to prevent overages of 10c/min. However, I've found those solutions to be hit/miss in quality. If I'm calling a family member, I don't really care. If I'm making an important call, I use the Truphone app.
I loaded $5 of credit into the app the day I got it. At 1c/min for most people I call, Truphone provides a significant savings over the price I'd pay for overages via the carrier, and the call quality is always top-notch.
The app also provides a way to text other Truphone users, but I've not used that before. Great money saver/way to make additional calls for less.
Love it. Saved me multiple times.
I generally don't buy international phone plans for short trips neither do I buy Sim cards for 30 days of time when I'm in a foreign country. This app has worked flawlessly for the quick phone calls home to say I arrived safely, etc. and it's very money efficient. I like it --thank you truphone!
I am surprised how few people have rated it. it's been around for about four years or something and it's been updated regularly and it's very easy to use ---what more do you want??
Can't Use out of China
I have repeated issues with calls from China to the U.S. I'll initiate the call, I'll hear the party answer and then it goes silent on my end, sometimes both ends. The call is not cut off, but at the very least I can't hear them. Sometimes I get 20 seconds before it happens. I've talked to Truphone customer service...they apologize, but apparently do nothing about it because it's been happening for at least 2 years. They won't admit that it is happening and tell me to reboot my phone or it's a bad wifi area. No, that's not it. It works ok in other countries back to the U.S., but not good in mainland China.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Social Networking
- Updated: Oct 27, 2014
- Version: 5.5
- Size: 13.8 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, French, German, Italian, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: Software Cellular Network Ltd
- © 2014 Software Cellular Network Ltd
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- $2.99 Truphone Topup$2.99
- $4.99 Truphone Topup$4.99
- $9.99 Truphone Topup$9.99
- $19.99 Truphone Topup$19.99
- £2.99 Truphone Topup$3.99
- £19.99 Truphone Topup$26.99
- £9.99 Truphone Topup$12.99
- £4.99 Truphone Topup$6.99
- €2.99 Truphone Topup$2.99
- €4.49 Truphone Topup$4.99