Truth About Drugs Online Education
By Foundation for a Drug-Free World
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The best solution to the drug problem is education.
Much of what kids hear on the streets about drugs comes from those selling them. The Foundation for a Drug-Free World provides educators with practical tools to give youth solid facts which enable them to choose to lead drug-free lives all on their own.
No one questions the severity of the drug problem and its devastating impact on youth. Academic results suffer and, even worse, drugs undermine health and destroy young lives.
The best solution is to reach young people with effective, fact-based drug education—before they start experimenting with drugs. Tweens, teens and young adults who know the facts about drugs are much less likely to start using them.
This Truth About Drugs Education application is the ideal supplemental aid. It fills the growing demand for practical tools to help the teacher, instructor or drug prevention specialist communicate the truth about drugs swiftly and effectively.
The application features full lesson plans, assignments and classroom activities that capture and retain young people's attention—and elicit their participation. Students willingly read, view and, most importantly, use the information to make the right choices about drugs.
- Full interactive classroom environment, built to facilitate several learning environments, providing tools for both the teacher and the student
- Teachers can use the application to deliver the curriculum to students right in the classroom
- Tutors and home school teachers can manage several students at once, customizing the curriculum for the needs of specific students in a remote or one-on-one scenario
- Lessons shown on the chalkboard tailored for the students, giving the teachers the ability to walk through the steps with the students
- The Teacher's Guide section provides the full educators guide and lesson plan for each lesson, allowing them to prepare lesson delivery beforehand and also deliver the curriculum step by step using the iPad in class
- Notice Board section gives teachers the facility to post up exemplary student answers for the class to see for discussion purposes and to make teacher announcements
- Student Roster provided to manage your students, review progress and assign grades for each student
- Grading system provided with the ability to assign a grade, pass or flunk, with full notes
- Notifications and messaging system provide the ability to send and receive messages to individual students.
- All Drug-Free World educational videos, booklets and materials are provided in the resources section, as well as in-line with the lessons themselves, ready for immediate viewing
- Additionally, all materials can be downloaded for viewing, making these available whether you are online or offline
- Is fully synchronized with your online classroom at http://education.drugfreeworld.org, where teachers can also login with the same account information, where the same tools and environment is provided, including more advanced class management and grading
- Students can download the application and do assignments either right in class, or at their own pace under the guidance of a tutor or counselor
- Full lesson plan displayed right on the chalkboard for students to progress step by step through the curriculum
- Videos and booklets provided in-line with the course steps
- Steps include essays, questionnaires, assignments and homework
- Ability to download all materials needed to do homework outside of class.
- Notifications section available to exchange messages with the teacher and review the lesson grades
- All downloadable resources are available to the student for viewing and sharing with friends.
- Student's progress through the curriculum is fully synchronized with his online login at http://education.drugfreeworld.org, and students can complete lessons on either the iPad or website
What's New in Version 1.2
* Converted to universal app format - now runs on iPad, iPhone and iTouch!
* All new interface specially designed for the iPhone display
* Improved support for retina display
* Supports the new iPhone 5 screen size
* Stability and performance improvements
Very informative and useful
The videos in this thing are fascinating - a lot of testimony from past drug users and how much their lives were messed up by various drugs. The fact that they also take the time to explain how some of these drugs work, and what they do to a person, and follow it with personal stories about what went down in these people lives - is a powerful thing.
Not to mention the fact that they've also provided a complete curriculum in this app so it can be integrated into various educational settings.
I think the message of: Here is the info, listen to what these past users have to say and make up your own mind - is an excellent thing to be telling young people. After all, they are going to be making up their own mind anyway - mind as well tell them something useful to base the decision on.
I love this so much
It's one of the best educational apps out there. My suggestion is, for the video section. That it would have "play all" videos on app instead of clicking each one every time. Also, being able to select how many videos "the user" wants to view.
nice, but some glitches
The app is nicely done, for the most part, however there are a couple of technical issues that I have experienced with my iPad 2:
1: Missing content: Booklets
1a: When online no access to booklets
1b: Offline - After having downloaded it [at least it is marked as downloaded], only a white screen comes up.
2: The courses stop working at number eleven
Courses 12 - 16 will not load…
The booklets links, found within the courses, will not load the content either.
- Category: Education
- Updated: Nov 30, 2012
- Version: 1.2
- Size: 28.9 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Foundation for a Drug-Free World
- © 2006–2012 Foundation for a Drug-Free World. All Rights Reserved. The Foundation logo is a trademark owned by the Foundation for a Drug-Free World.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.