Tube Tamer - London Transport Journey Planner
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Fast, accurate London Bus, Rail, and Tube directions - using official data from Transport for London.
“By far, Tube Tamer is the slickest, fastest and most pleasing London Tube app out there.”
- Michael Grotheus, TUAW.com
• Uses data from Transport for London.
• Places search powered by Google.
• Map your entire journey. Easily zoom in to see each part of your route.
• Always up-to-date with the latest timetables and status information.
• Automatically avoids line closures and service disruptions.
• Remembers directions for offline viewing.
• London Underground
• London Busses
• National Rail
• London Overground
• River Bus services (e.g.: Thames Clippers)
• Walking routes
Tube Tamer is powered by the Transport for London Journey Planner API.
What's New in Version 2.0
• FIXED: Searching for an address or postcode returned the wrong results when running on iOS 7.1.
• Refreshed, new-look UI
• NEW: tap on the map to go full-screen.
• "Dark mode" satellite map view, as favoured by secret agents. And vampires.
Thanks for all the bug reports, feature requests, and reviews!
If you have a moment to review this new version on the App Store, it really helps us out. We really appreciate all your reviews, especially the amusing ones. Thank you!
Essential equipment for London
I visited Londonfor the first time the first week of April 2017. And, I found the Tube was the beast means of getting around to see the sights. The Tube Tamer made using the Tube so much easier! The best part of Tube Tamer is it allows you to create journeys with specific start and end points, and then it tells you which trains you need to take to get there. Tamer even permits using non-Tube start/stop points. I often used my hotel as a starting point, and then either a landmark or closest tube station as an end point. For example, From: St David's Hotels, To: Tower Hill (station). Tamer then told me what train to start with (e.g, Circle line eastbound), when to switch to another train, and what stop/station get off at. It also included any remaining walking instructions, with a livetime map connected to your phone's GPS. Awesome!
The only feature lacking for.e was the ability to save often-used journeys as Favorites. But, the rest of the features of Tube Tamer were so good that I could easily live with the minor inconvenience of needing to recreate journeys. If you are going to visit London, or perhaps need help getting acclimated as a new resident, the Tube Tamer app will not fail you.
We used this constantly on our visit to London! You can get anywhere with this app - the tube, walking, buses. It will tell you what station, what direction, where the station is, Etc. We couldn't have navigated London without it!
Was a huge help for my stay in London. Also sorts out your journey if there are service interruptions, great app!