Welcome to the world of tubewalking - a great way to discover London on foot (or, if it's raining, from your armchair). This free version of Tubewalker contains maps and descriptions for 88 tubewalks that cover the whole of London Underground Zone 1; the full version of Tubewalker also covers Zones 2 to 9 (a further 228 tubewalks).
WHAT IS A TUBEWALK?
A tubewalk is simply a walk between two Tube stations. Tubewalking is a great way to explore London: every tubewalk starts and ends on public transport, and you can string them together to create walks that last as long as you want, from minutes to days.
The tubewalks in this application are all self-guided walking tours that try to visit as many interesting places as possible. This means they meander around quite a bit, so they're entertaining rather than efficient.
WHAT DOES TUBEWALKER DO?
Tubewalker contains detailed maps and descriptions for 316 tubewalks, which together cover the entire London Underground network - if there's a line between two Tube stations, then there's a tubewalk for it. Note that the DLR and London Overground aren't part of London Underground, so they're not covered.
You can choose tubewalks in five ways:
• By Tube line
• By station name
• By current location
• By picking a recommended tubewalk
• By searching for places of interest
and each tubewalk comes with the following:
• A description of the walk
• A zoomable route map with places of interest and your current location
• Detailed descriptions of all places of interest
• Photographs from the walk
This free version of Tubewalker contains details of 88 tubewalks between 64 stations, covering 71 miles of walking with over 450 points of interest and 2150 photographs - that's everything you need to get tubewalking in Zone 1. Have fun!
(For comparison, the full version of Tubewalker contains details of 316 tubewalks between 276 stations, covering 440 miles of walking with over 1300 points of interest and 9750 photographs.)
• Updated for iOS 10 and 64-bit processors
• Still works on iOS 8 and 9 in the same way as before
• Improved markers in Google Maps
• Minor bug fixes
• Please note that this version will only run on iOS 8.0 or later
Ratings and Reviews
Even though the pics and articles are 3 years old they are still interesting. We have been to London several times but miss so much. I can't wait to try these walks.
- Mark Moxon
- 27.1 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- © 2017 Mark Moxon
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.