Tubot for YouTube
By Selçuk Sinan
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
No Ads, Clean Design and much more ...
Tubot is a YouTube client which has been developed and optimized specifically for iOS. It is a full-fledged alternative offering useful features for a better YouTube experience.
- Use multiple YouTube accounts
- Group subscriptions
- Sort subscriptions and playlists
- Minimize video player
- Continue playback where left off
- Mark videos as watched
- AirPlay support
- Preferred playback quality on Wi-Fi and cellular
- Watch history (+ pause and clear watch history)
- Search for videos, channels and playlists
- Search for videos in channel
- Additional parameters for video search:
- Order by (relevance, upload date, view count, rating, alphabetically)
- Video definition (high definition, standard definition)
- Duration (short, medium, long)
- Publishing date (last hour, last 24 hours, last 7 days, last 30 days, last 365 days)
- Category (Film, Music, Gaming, ...)
- Detailed search history (+ pause and clear search history)
- Manage subscriptions
- Add, edit and delete playlists
- Add, edit and delete comments
- Share videos, channels and playlists
Optimized for iOS
- Sleek and clean design
- Synchronizes account data over iCloud
- Supports dynamic type
- Stores authorization data securely in keychain
If you have any questions or suggestions please do not hesitate to write an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or to tweet to @tubot_io.
What's New in Version 1.3.0
- Background audio playback was removed due to request from Google.
Still better than Google
Still much better than Google. I'm not going to update it, and I'm glad I signed in. Just because Google is bullying developers doesn't mean this app is suddenly trash. It still has many great features over the horrid Google app.
Background music player defeated
It used to be great until GOOGLE had to screw them. I didn't know playing music via background was deemed a copyrighted feature.
Don't update if you have the older version
This app is great if you don't upgrade to the newest version.
Background play was removed in the newest update