Brought to you by a team of registered and certified Speech and Language Therapists (Pathologists) with decades of combined international experience from The Children’s Place Speech & Language Therapy in London, UK.
For use by parents, Speech and Language Therapists (Pathologists), caretakers or anyone involved in a child’s communication journey. Talking with Tumbli: Language Comprehension Assessment is used to gauge a child’s ability to infer or interpret the meaning of abstract questions. The app is based on research completed by Blank, Rose and Berlin (1978).
Talking with Tumbli: Language Comprehension Assessment’s unique features:
• Assesses a child’s language comprehension against expected age of development
• Can be used for both assessment and practice of a child’s inferencing skills
• Fun and unique pictures to work through to enhance understanding and engagement
An introduction to the 4 levels
• Level 1 – Label. Labelling objects that are in the picture develops at approximately 3 years of age
• Level 2 – Describe. Describing less obvious features in the picture develops at approximately 4 years of age
• Level 3 – Think. Making deductions or generalizations about situations develops at approximately 4.5 years of age
• Level 4 – Reason. Making predictions about future events from past experiences develops at approximately 5 years of age.
The app works through 6 scenes asking questions of the child with 4 varied levels of inference difficulty. The fun and exciting artwork in the app helps keep children engaged throughout the assessment. The assessment can be paused and resumed at a later date with profiles saved to the local device. This feature offers a comparison to gauge the expected age of development.
We hope you enjoy the world of Tumbli as much as we did when creating it. If you rate the app, it will mean the world to us!
*minor fix to 'rate us' feature
Ratings and Reviews
Very comprehensive assessment app with easy-to-use results tab
I've been looking for a proper assessment tool like this, so happy I discovered this app! I've already used it with a few of my students, and the kids loved the colorful playful scenes. It was quite nice to see bar graphs of the results, and helpful to have all assessments saved in the app so I can quickly access them later.
Tumbli is such a refreshing change from the paper assessments!
Great app for a speech assessment
Just came across this app - this worked out really well with the kids! The scenes are very playful and help keep the children's attention. A nice summary at the end which I was able to save to profiles and view later on. Very glad to have stumbled across this app
Loved using the app
I really appreciate having a language comprehension assessment with some excitement to get the kids more engaged and attentive during the Ax.
The feedback and profiles made it easy to send the results out afterwards and meet with the parents. Loved the scenes!
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.