Tumblita for Tumblr
By Kyle Zaragoza
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
★★★★★ DESCRIPTION ★★★★★
Apps should be beautiful, fast, and easy to use. Tumblita is just that, an absolutely fantastic full featured tumblr client for iOS, wrapped in an elegant package. It is simply the best tumblr app for iOS, stop fussing around with other crippled tumblr apps, and see what a true tumblr client should feel like!
★★★★★ REVIEWS ★★★★★
"Tumblita is hands down the best Tumblr app available for the iPad... the essential Tumblr app for the iPad. "
-Tim Chaten, AppAdvice.com
"Tumblr is one of these services that has left iPad users in limbo, and here comes Tumblita to fulfill that need."
-Carter Dotson, 148apps.com
"Tumblr’s emphasis on ease of use has definitely been matched in many ways by Tumblita."
Follow @TumblitaApp or on Tumblr (tumblita.com) for important updates and news!
★★★★★ TUMBLITA 2.0 ★★★★★
The best tumblr client for the iPad has just been redefined, adding wonderful new features and doing away with some of the bad ones. Here's just a preview of some of the great new things in 2.0:
- Tumblita is now a universal app, available on the iPad, iPhone, iPod Touch, and Mac!
- Post multiple photos at once (5 max)
- Multiple accounts
- There is now a section to view all of your Liked posts
- You can now share any post on Facebook
- View who reblogged & liked your posts
- Beautiful user interface
★★★★★ FEATURES! ★★★★★
Just a sample of Tumblita's capabilities:
- Instapaper Support
- Advanced posting options like tags, custom URL, markdown/html support, custom Twitter messages, etc.
- Listen to audio, watch videos, and read all post types all from within Tumblita
- Save images from posts to your camera roll
- Post from multiple blogs on your account
- Edit, delete your posts that are already live
- Publish now, as a draft, or to your queue
- Rich text editor
- Support for password protected blogs
- And so much more!
★★★★★ FOLLOW US ★★★★★
Stay up to date by following us on tumblr (http://tumblita.com) & twitter @TumblitaApp
Tumblita is also available on the Mac (http://tumblita.com/tumblitaMac)
What's New in Version 2.2.1
- Fixed login issue
- View list of people you are following
- Editing is now done in the same format as you posted it (e.g. markdown or HTML)
- Searching by user now accepts username, URL, or URL of post
- Added support for Google Chrome (if you have it installed, the option will be in the settings menu)
- Infinite scrolling, no more having to manually load more posts
- Tapping on user links in notes now shows users posts rather than webview
- Tap on a tag to view similarly tagged posts
- Drill into user's posts from tagged table view and liked table view
- Added audio and video thumbnails
- Improved formatting
- Many many more fantastic improvements and bug fixes
- Scrolling between posts now enabled in landscape (iPad)
- Swiping between posts is much faster (especially 3rd generation iPad)
- Fixed issue with content being offset when starting in portrait on iOS 6
- No longer lose your spot when loading notes
- Gestures added to iPhone/iPod touch, swipe left/right/up/down to see whats new!
- Improved image loading for when you're stuck with a slow connection
Descent App, but Requires a Very Large Memory Footprint
I installed Tumblita when I was experiencing stability issues with the official Tumblr app. While Tumblita is relatively easy to use and allows you to log into more than one Tumblr account (it’s best feature, imho), the app has not been updated in over a year.
If you look at your iPhone memory usage to see how much memory is used by each app, you may be shocked to see just how much memory Tumblita is using. While the Tumblita app size by itself is 14.9 MB, it uses an additional 282 MB of “Documents and Data” memory. That means it’s using nearly 300 MB of your iPhone’s total memory, which is not insignificant. In comparison, the official Tumblr app is currently 13.2 MB and only uses 55.6 MB of “Documents and Data” memory for a total of roughly 69 MB of your iPhones total memory. In other words, Tumblita uses 75% more of your iPhone’s memory than the official Tumblr app.
Since Tumblr has made a lot of updates to their official app that have improved both functionally and stability, I am planning to remove Tumblita from my iPhone to reclaim the 300 MB of memory is using as I simply don’t use it anymore now that the official app is working working pretty well.
If Tumblita’s developers do an update to the app that reduces its overall memory footprint, I’ll reconsider installing it unless Tumblr adds support for multiple Tumblr accounts in its official app.
Not too bad
Overall it's okay. It doesn't kill data like the official app and I like the brief thumbnail posts instead of scrolling through everything. I wish there was a better way to view gif sets, however, as some of them get cut off and when I try to expand them, it asks me if I want to save the image. Also it's hard to read tags and some commentary on posts that feature large images.
The UI is awful.
The UI is cumbersome, clumsy and far from elegant, which is nothing like the app's inspiration a ballerina.
Why does it take 7-8 screen touches to post a photo?
On the left the feed is viewed and advanced vertically, but on the right individual posts are viewed and advanced horizontally? They should both move the same way or remove the dual view.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Social Networking
- Updated: Jun 27, 2013
- Version: 2.2.1
- Size: 14.3 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: kyle zaragoza
- © 2011 Kyle Zaragoza
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.