Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Discover and create the stuff you love. If you love stuff, stop reading this, get the app, and just start having fun. You’ll probably never be bored again.
- Whatever you’re into, people are making and sharing stuff about it on their Tumblrs.
- They’re posting photos, GIFs, text, videos, audio, anything. Passion takes many forms on Tumblr.
- Follow artists, musicians, comedians, designers, thinkers, scientists, publications, architects, firemen—you know, interesting people. All the interesting people are here.
- Plenty of ways to find the good stuff. Search for it, or just check out what's popular/interesting/weird/wonderful.
- You get your own Tumblr, too, obviously. Post whatever you want, or reblog other people’s stuff. Add commentary if you like. Make it your own. Other people will do the same to your posts. That’s how you meet people here.
- You can also just send private messages to the people you follow, if that’s more your thing. Tumblr is yours. Be how you wanna be.
- Make your Tumblr look however you want. Custom header images, fonts, colors, all that. Use an animated GIF for you header image if you want. We can’t stop you.
Tumblr is yours. Welcome to Tumblr.
What's New in Version 4.7
So, uh, now when you go to make a photo post, the screen where you pick a photo looks a little different. If you have a lot of photo albums, it’s easier to switch between them. That’s not such a big deal.
The reason it looks different, though, is that an actually big deal is coming in the next release or two and we had to change the photo-picking screen to accommodate it.
To be cont’d.
Close to unusable
I won't even repeat anything about how awful the new format is. What gets me the most is the frequency of ads and suggested blogs seems to have tripled. Every few posts they're showing me some crap I've already seen or that's just garbage, generic content. Can't even scroll through my dash without having to click the "x" then "this post is awful". The x is so tiny, too, that half the time I end up going to the suggested blog by accident. And seriously can you just fix the video and photos before obnoxious unnecessary updates.
Also!! I keep seeing super old posts show up on my dash. Like months old. And images are still overlapping onto text. This update has seriously adulterated the quality of usability. It's a bit like going to a car repair to replace a broken windshield and they end up giving you bigger tires and tacky seat covers. Just give us what we need then we can worry about the flashy nonsense.
Update: awesome. They updated it. Fixed glitches?? No. Made it uglier under the guise of usability.
Please listen to your users and change everything back
There are many things wrong with the site and you guys don't even listen to your site's users. Please fix some things that actually NEED to be fixed (the activity page glitches, etc. etc.) and stop putting unnecessary updates on to the site (new reblogging layout, tons of ads + recommended posts on my dash, the Instagram/vine/ Flickr thing taking up lots of space, can't edit reblogs, the list goes on...). If you keep putting these unnecessary ugly updates on the site, prepare to lose a lot of users. They say that you shouldn't ruin something that's perfectly fine... so please actually listen to us and remove all these updates (especially go back to the old reblogging layout)
The stars are for the tumblr itself not the update
The latest update has a a few problems that at first I thought was just me. I've seen people who I follow complain about how we are seeing posts from weeks ago and it's cutting into the more recent posts. Please fix, because there's no point in being on if Ima see something I already saw before from the same people.
- Category: Social Networking
- Updated: Oct 08, 2015
- Version: 4.7
- Size: 54.0 MB
- Languages: English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Seller: Tumblr, Inc.
- © 2015 Tumblr, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.