Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Discover and create the stuff you love. If you love stuff, stop reading this, get the app, and just start having fun. You’ll probably never be bored again.
- Whatever you’re into, people are making and sharing stuff about it on their Tumblrs.
- They’re posting photos, GIFs, text, videos, audio, anything. Passion takes many forms on Tumblr.
- Follow artists, musicians, comedians, designers, thinkers, scientists, publications, architects, firemen—you know, interesting people. All the interesting people are here.
- Plenty of ways to find the good stuff. Search for it, or just check out what's popular/interesting/weird/wonderful.
- You get your own Tumblr, too, obviously. Post whatever you want, or reblog other people’s stuff. Add commentary if you like. Make it your own. Other people will do the same to your posts. That’s how you meet people here.
- You can also just send private messages to the people you follow, if that’s more your thing. Tumblr is yours. Be how you wanna be.
- Make your Tumblr look however you want. Custom header images, fonts, colors, all that. Use an animated GIF for you header image if you want. We can’t stop you.
Tumblr is yours. Welcome to Tumblr.
What's New in Version 4.6
Lots of awesome bugs are gone.
Honestly, I didn't update tumblr for a while because I was well aware of the update. Well, I purchased a new app and I noticed I had a lot of apps that needed to update, and without thinking, I let tumblr update. The absolutely terrible format is making me want to delete the app. I have used tumblr for 2-3 years now. I'm not an artist who's livelihood depends on this website or anything, but ya know, it was nice to unwind after a long day and reblog things I like, to see other people who like the things I like. But now, I can barely stand to go into the app because it looks so awful. I don't understand how this update hasn't been fixed yet when all over the dang website, there are posts directed at the staff telling them to get rid of the update. Almost every review for this version is 1 or 2 stars. What angers me the most, is that I really like my blogs and this website has allowed so many people to become friends. But, it's sorta hard to focus on the good things when the captions and additions to the posts take up so much room and distract you so much. I am extremely disappointed. I will most likely be switching to another blogging format asap. Tumblr staff, you're losing people. You guys were doing ok, what happened?
angered teen who just wants to us social media without all the ugly
I've been using tumblr for about a year now, and I loved the old tumblr. It was easy to read, barely any bugs, but now, this "new and improved" thing isn't covering anything. I can't open more than 3 external images before the whole post crashes. And when I say "crashes", I mean the "open external link" buttons are gone. The 3 images I opened start overlapping each other, and I can't view the rest of the post. Honestly, I could've written a review on this a loooong time ago, but I decided to be tolerant to see how this problem unfolds.
Another problem I've just recently had was when I closed out of the app, and the post I closed it on was an image. When I opened the app back up about an hour later, the image was still there, but when I scrolled down to other posts on my dashboard, that image I closed the app on would appear over other images, text posts, anything.
I rate this two stars just because it USED to be amazing. Now it's complete garbage. I don't know whether the update was lazy and not very well-thought, or my phone is messed up, but there's a big doubt in that second thought.
Sorry for the rant, I just had to get my anger out.
I Like It But It Can Be Better
I like the app and its purpose but there is somethings that could really improve. For one, at the bottom of a post it sometimes shows where the post came from and I'm okay with that but it's just so big and annoying. I think it would look better if it were just a little square in your tags that shows an image of where it came from. Also when I click on any blog,post,etc it sort of just pops up onto the screen it doesn't really look smooth. Before it used to slide the post from left to right now it seems like a glitch. There's also a thing where if you scroll down someone else's blog and you got there by another persons reblog it keeps showing you the post every time it's loading at the bottom of the screen. This causes it to skip a few post and you have to scroll back up. This also happens if you clicked on one of their tags; it'll just keep showing you the same three or five posts you saw in the tag once you go back to their blog.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Social Networking
- Updated: Sep 18, 2015
- Version: 4.6
- Size: 40.2 MB
- Languages: English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Seller: Tumblr, Inc.
- © 2015 Tumblr, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.