Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Discover and create the stuff you love. If you love stuff, stop reading this, get the app, and just start having fun. You’ll probably never be bored again.
- Whatever you’re into, people are making and sharing stuff about it on their Tumblrs.
- They’re posting photos, GIFs, text, videos, audio, anything. Passion takes many forms on Tumblr.
- Follow artists, musicians, comedians, designers, thinkers, scientists, publications, architects, firemen—you know, interesting people. All the interesting people are here.
- Explore the conversations that are trending in the Tumblr community. Current events, album drops, fandom hubbubs, big-time sporting events. Whatever’s happening in the world, Tumblr is being creative about it.
- Plenty of ways to find the good stuff. Search for it, or just check out what's popular/interesting/weird/wonderful.
- You get your own Tumblr, too, obviously. Post whatever you want, or reblog other people’s stuff. Add commentary if you like. Make it your own. Other people will do the same to your posts. That’s how you meet people here.
- You can also just send private messages to the people you follow, if that’s more your thing. Tumblr is yours. Be how you wanna be.
- Make your Tumblr look however you want. Custom header images, fonts, colors, all that. Use an animated GIF for you header image if you want. We can’t stop you.
Tumblr is yours. Welcome to Tumblr.
What's New in Version 7.1
Tumblr 7.1 is haunted. Inside you will be treated to:
- CREEPY, CRAWLY BUG FIXES
Including the one where people you're following mysteriously vanish from your following list. Spooky!
Tumblr will never be bug free
Every Tumblr update ruins something. It doesn't matter if it fixes one thing, because it adds a bunch of other problems, especially recurring ones. Problems just don't seem to stay fixed when it comes to Tumblr, and it's truly getting on my last nerve.
Currently there's a huge auto refresh problem. I can't even leave for a little bit without it refreshing. I can't just constantly have the app open. I have other things to do on my phone and I'd like to be able to go back to the spot I was on before I left. This isn't the first time it's been an issue and apparently won't be the last since it's fixed and then ALWAYS comes back.
Sometimes I'll teach the bottom and new posts won't load so I'll have to completely close and refresh the app to get new posts. It's ridiculous and shouldn't be an issue.
Another problem that's been happening for a while and has never gotten fixed is that the external images will completely mess up my dash. Not only me, either. It happens to others. If there's a lot of external images, it'll eventually just stop opening them and it'll jump me down farther into my dash. Other posts may mesh with it and make it impossible for me to see the rest of the images. It's annoying and really needs to be fixed.
Those are the only problems I personally am experiencing, but I'm sure once a new update comes out, I'll have loads more to add to this review.
Great but it could be better!!
There is very little about tumblr that I don't love except for the fact that they haven't added a search blog option for the app similar to how you can search on a blog via the mobile website. It's not very convenient to switch over to the mobile website rather than the app when looking for a certain blog post on a blog. Like I said in my title, it's my favorite social media app but it has room to improve.
ALSO!!! The app auto refreshes way too much. I'm always trying to read some really long blog post that I'm really interested in. I'll back out of the app to go reply to a text or change a song (without using the control center) and then I'll return to the app literally 5 seconds later and it will auto refresh. The blog post is now lost in the abyss of hashtags and memes. PLEASE FIX THIS SO I CAN BE HAPPY AGAIN!!
Ever since the update, my dash has been mostly recommended posts, blogs, or ads. I scroll through about 4 recommended posts from blogs unrelated to anything I follow, two double stacked rows of recommended blogs, and then an ad before I finally see 1-3 posts from people I actually follow, then rinse and repeat where I don't see any content from who I actually follow for another 7-9 posts. I do not want to see so many recommended posts, especially when they don't pertain to my interests or even relate to the blogs I follow in the slightest. And how do I know that they don't pertain to whom I follow? I follow 9 people with very specific interests, if it worked correctly I would only see similar things. This sounds more like a bug than an intended feature, but until it gets fixed I would recommend NOT using this app. You will not see any of the things you want, it will just be a giant waste of time
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Social Networking
- Updated: Oct 12, 2016
- Version: 7.1
- Size: 146 MB
- Languages: English, Dutch, French, German, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Seller: Yahoo! Inc.
- © 2016 Tumblr, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.