Join over a million musicians and improve your playing with Tunable: Music Practice Tools. More than a chromatic tuner, tone & chord generator, metronome, and recorder, Tunable is a music practice coach that can help you play steadily, in tune, and on beat anywhere you go. Jam-packed with features to help with ear training, breath support, rhythm, timing, and dynamics, Tunable is easy to use yet feature-rich. Tunable tracks your playing habits and gives feedback to help you improve. Equipped with a unique “tuning history” display for viewing pitch as you play, an easy to use metronome and a handy audio recorder, Tunable is the perfect toolkit for beginning to professional musicians. Grab Tunable today and use in your next practice session, group rehearsal, band class, or live performance.
Why are Broadway musicians, students at Juilliard, National Youth Orchestras and beginning instrumentalists using Tunable?
GET FEEDBACK ON HOW YOU PLAY
• It's like a music instructor in your pocket. Record a practice session and get a practice score with note graphs to help summarize your playing.
LEARN TO PLAY IN TUNE WITH SUSTAINED PITCH HISTORY™
• Visualize how steadily you play or sing. The straighter the white line, the more consistent the pitch.
IMPROVE YOUR EAR WITH TONE AND CHORD GENERATOR
• Use the tone and chord generator to play and sustain chords with various tone options. Toggle between different temperaments to hear how they compare.
KEEP TEMPO WITH AN ACCURATE METRONOME
• See the pulse with a visual metronome. View subdivision and current beat, with a large display and (optional) visual flash.
RECORD YOUR SESSIONS AND SHARE WITH EASE
• Record practices and performances. Add reverb for a professional sound. Share recordings with family, friends, and teachers.
• Large, colorful tuning indicator clearly shows when in tune (green fills the screen)
• Clear, visual tuner with note, octave, cents (+\-), and frequency (Hz) display
• Sustained Pitch History™ tuning display to see how you’re sustaining notes over time
• Especially suited for wind instruments, strings, and vocals with note detection from Tuba to Piccolo
• Adjustable A=440 reference tone
• Create your own or change between Equal, Just, Pythagorean, and 15 other tuning temperaments
TONE AND CHORD GENERATOR
• Chromatic Tone Generator and Full Piano with multiple tone options
• Play and sustain single notes or chords
• Continues playing when the screen is locked or in the background
• Large number display with optional visual flash to see the downbeat and each subdivision
• Adjust tempo, beats per measure, and subdivision to fit your needs
• Accent or mute individual subdivisions
• Sync metronome to nearby devices so they run at the same tempo and in time (via Ableton Link)
• Select from over 30 metronome sounds
• Tempo Tap (tap metronome center to set a tempo)
• Continues playing when the screen is locked or in the background
RECORD PRACTICE SESSIONS
• Record and save unlimited recordings
• Receive a score and individual note graphs per recording
• Organize recordings into folders
• Search by name to find past recordings
• Easily share recordings and practice scores
• Playback recordings at 0x - 3x speed
• Transpose notes to any instrument
• 15 Notations to choose from
• AppleTV/AirPlay mirroring
• Dark and light themes
• Siri Shortcuts access to common tasks
Tunable is especially great with voice, wind, and string instruments:
• Guitar, Ukelele
• Piccolo, Flute
• Oboe, English Horn, Bassoon
• Trumpet and Cornet
• French Horn
• Tenor and Bass Trombone
• Euphonium and Tuba
• Violin, Viola, Chello, and Bass
• "The best tuner, metronome, and recorder on iOS and a pitch-perfect bargain for any musician." — MacLife
• "Tunable shows musicians what pitch-perfect means as they play." — Engadget
• "Tunable doesn't just tell you how you sound -- it shows you." — FastCoDesign
====== v3.0.2 =======
- Fixed a number of crash-related issues that a small number of people have experienced
- Fixed not being able to set A=440 to a number below 420
====== v3.0.0 =======
Announcing Tunable v3 - A whole new Tunable experience.
Tunable has been completely re-written from the ground up. A whole new look makes Tunable easier to use while adding more features than ever. It's like a new app including the friendly features you know and love.
Now...what you've all been waiting for. What's new? …drum roll, please…
• SESSIONS! Each *new* recording is accompanied by a practice session score and individual note graphs. It's so cool, words can't even describe. Press the record button to explore the awesome new world of Sessions. It's like nothing you've ever seen.
• Recordings take up 1/5 of the space, so you can record more than ever.
• "Hey Siri, Play a Concert A" - We added Siri Shortcuts for playing A and F tuning notes and for starting the metronome hands-free. Head to the settings screen to enable them.
• Custom Temperaments. You asked we answered! Create custom temperaments to pick the temperament that's perfect for you.
• More Metronome Options. Tap metronome subdivisions to change between accented, non-accented, and muted sounds.
• Sync metronome to other nearby apps so they can all play at the same tempo and in time. It's great for group rehearsal.
• Organize sessions into folders and easily search by name to find what you've previously recorded.
• Full-length Piano tone generator.
• New toggle button to quickly switch between Equal and alternate temperament.
• Playback and analyze audio recordings from 0x - 3x speed and seek to any point in time
• Toggle volume waveform on the tuner to correlate volume with the pitch
• Import audio files to get practice reports on previously recorded files not in Tunable
• Significantly reduced CPU usage. Your battery should last longer.
• Select transposition by instrument, not just by note.
• Change tuning and metronome settings from each screen.
• 3D touch on the App Icon to open directly to the screen you want
• Calibrate A=440 with decimal places (ie. 440.2)
• Tons of bug fixes and performance enhancements. You wouldn't even believe it. :D
If you're enjoying Tunable, please rate this version. It really helps! If you need help, reach me at email@example.com. I'd love to hear from you.
Ratings and Reviews
Useful and well designed
I find the tuning display very informative. It includes a graph of pitch vs time and a visually useful and helpful indication of how close the current pitch is. I also appreciate the ability to adjust its pickiness for "in tune", and to transpose (e.g. for b flat clarinet).
The built in metronome is also very useful, flexible and well designed. It offers quick and easy tempo setting via a band of tempos near the bottom, tap to set tempo, adjustable beats per measure and subdivisions per beat. And, of course, it can be used in tuner mode (including stopping and starting it).
The only thing I miss is a spectrum display (like TonalEnergy).
It’s worth the money, so parents of musicians just buy it
Tunable is all around the best tuner/met/drone on the App Store. With other apps you have to pay monthly to get half of the quality of tunable tuner/met/drone. The tuner can get as accurate as 2 cents and the tuner even tells you the hertz. The metronome shows each count clearly and it even has access to all sorts of subdivision. The drone is on point too. When I asked my Instructor which tuner to get tunable was the first app he mentioned. In conclusion don’t waste your money on a membership and just get tunable. Trust me throughout marching band tunable was a savior.
Ukuleles are nearly impossible to tune
This app shows you just how many pitches your ukulele string is putting out when you hit it. No wonder tuning by ear hardly ever gives a good result. This multifaceted display shows you all the kinds of out of tune you are. Once you know you can get each string to show up close to the middle you can fool the listening ear into thinking the pitches are really in tune, when this sensitive app makes it clear that they are not!
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.