Tunable: Tuner, Metronome, and Recorder
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
◆◆ Now, over 650,000 people are using Tunable, the visual toolkit for musicians. ◆◆
NOTE: Not currently supported on the new iPhone 6S. We're working on fix.
"The best tuner on iOS and a pitch-perfect bargain for any musician." — MacLife
"A versatile swiss army knife of music apps" — Gizmodo
"Tunable shows musicians what pitch-perfect means as they play." — Engadget
"Tunable doesn't just tell you how you sound -- it shows you." — FastCoDesign
Tunable is a chromatic tuner, tone/chord generator, metronome, and recorder that helps you learn to play steadily, in tune, and on beat. Featuring a unique “tuning history” display for visualizing pitch over time, Tunable is the perfect toolkit for beginning to professional musicians.
◆ Learn to play in tune with sustained pitch history
Visualize how steadily you play or sing. As notes are held out, a white line draws how steady the pitch is. The straighter the line, the more consistent the pitch.
◆ Improve your ear with tone and chord generator
Need a reference tone or chord? Use the tone and chord generator to play and sustain chords with various tone options. Choose from different temperaments to hear how they compare.
◆ Keep tempo with an accurate and simple metronome
See the pulse with a visual metronome. View subdivision and current beat, with a large display and visual flash.
◆ Record and share
Record your practice and performances. Add reverb for a professional sound. Share recordings through e-mail, SoundCloud, Dropbox and more.
• Large, colorful tuning indicator clearly shows when in tune (green fills the screen)
• Clear, visual tuner with note, octave, cents (+\-), and frequency (hz) display
• Tuning history to see how well you’re sustaining notes over time
• Especially suited for wind instruments and strings with note detection from Tuba to Piccolo (24hz to 15khz+)
• Horizontal and vertical tuning displays
• Adjustable A=440 reference tone
• Change between equal, just, pythagorean, and 18 other tuning temperaments
Tone and Chord Generator
• Chromatic Tone Generator with multiple tone options and sustain
• Play and sustain chords
• Auto Octave rounding for easy note access
• Large number display with visual flash to see the downbeat, subdivision, and pulse
• Adjust tempo, beats per measure, and subdivision
• See tempo markings to quickly jump between standard tempos
• Tempo Tap (tap metronome center to set a tempo)
• Continues to play when screen is locked or in the background
• Record and save unlimited recordings
• Share recordings through e-mail, SoundCloud, DropBox, and more
• Highly accurate and responsive
• Transpose notes to any instrument
• AppleTV/AirPlay mirroring to an HDMI projector or TV on iPad2, iPhone4S, iPhone5
• Background Audio enables the metronome to continue playing when the screen is locked or closed.
• Dark and light themes
For the latest updates and to connect with the Tunable community:
• Follow @AffinityBlue on Twitter
• Become a fan of Tunable on Facebook: www.facebook.com/AffinityBlue
What's New in Version 1.3
Yay, Tunable now has iPhone 6 and iPhone 6+ support!
We also squashed some bugs and made some minor improvements.
4 1/2 stars!
This is a great app for beginners and professionals. I love that it shows how steady your tone is, and also love that you can change the transposition depending on your instrument. Beginning brass players often play the wrong partial; it is so helpful for them to be able to see the name of the note they are playing! It is easy to use. I would give it 5 stars if the quick change arrows for the metronome changed the speed to actual (old-style) metronome markings, and more evenly space the changes in tempo. I use quarter=60 most often, but the arrows move the tempo from 55 to 65, but then the next jumps in speed are 69, 72, 77, 83, 85! The tiny + and - are too small to use. Look at an old metronome and pick some evenly spaced "real" markings, please!
Love my Tunable!
I am having a great time using my new Tunable app! It is so enlightening to see the line to show where my pitch is. I practice with it all the time now, and have recommended it to all of my students. I find that it helps them to visualize that straight line, and also ales them want to practice more!
I love Tunable!
This app is great! It has an awesome metronome that can subdivide into anything as far as 32nd notes, and the tuner is fabulous! It is particularly handy for learning vibrato, because you can see the way the pitch is moving as you play, but it has so many other uses as well. A must-have for any musician!
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Music
- Updated: Jun 04, 2015
- Version: 1.3
- Size: 11.9 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Bokmål, Norwegian, Catalan, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Seth Sandler
- © AffinityBlue
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.