Tunable: Tuner, Metronome, and Recorder
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
◆◆ Now, over 700,000 people are using Tunable, the visual toolkit for musicians. ◆◆
"The best tuner on iOS and a pitch-perfect bargain for any musician." — MacLife
"A versatile swiss army knife of music apps" — Gizmodo
"Tunable shows musicians what pitch-perfect means as they play." — Engadget
"Tunable doesn't just tell you how you sound -- it shows you." — FastCoDesign
Tunable is a chromatic tuner, tone/chord generator, metronome, and recorder that helps you learn to play steadily, in tune, and on beat. Featuring a unique “tuning history” display for visualizing pitch over time, Tunable is the perfect toolkit for beginning to professional musicians.
◆ Learn to play in tune with sustained pitch history
Visualize how steadily you play or sing. As notes are held out, a white line draws how steady the pitch is. The straighter the line, the more consistent the pitch.
◆ Improve your ear with tone and chord generator
Need a reference tone or chord? Use the tone and chord generator to play and sustain chords with various tone options. Choose from different temperaments to hear how they compare.
◆ Keep tempo with an accurate and simple metronome
See the pulse with a visual metronome. View subdivision and current beat, with a large display and visual flash.
◆ Record and share
Record your practice and performances. Add reverb for a professional sound. Share recordings through e-mail, SoundCloud, Dropbox and more.
• Large, colorful tuning indicator clearly shows when in tune (green fills the screen)
• Clear, visual tuner with note, octave, cents (+\-), and frequency (hz) display
• Tuning history to see how well you’re sustaining notes over time
• Especially suited for wind instruments and strings with note detection from Tuba to Piccolo (24hz to 15khz+)
• Horizontal and vertical tuning displays
• Adjustable A=440 reference tone
• Change between equal, just, pythagorean, and 18 other tuning temperaments
Tone and Chord Generator
• Chromatic Tone Generator with multiple tone options and sustain
• Play and sustain chords
• Auto Octave rounding for easy note access
• Large number display with visual flash to see the downbeat, subdivision, and pulse
• Adjust tempo, beats per measure, and subdivision
• See tempo markings to quickly jump between standard tempos
• Tempo Tap (tap metronome center to set a tempo)
• Continues to play when screen is locked or in the background
• Record and save unlimited recordings
• Share recordings through e-mail, SoundCloud, DropBox, and more
• Highly accurate and responsive
• Transpose notes to any instrument
• AppleTV/AirPlay mirroring to an HDMI projector or TV on iPad2, iPhone4S, iPhone5
• Background Audio enables the metronome to continue playing when the screen is locked or closed.
• Dark and light themes
For the latest updates and to connect with the Tunable community:
• Follow @AffinityBlue on Twitter
• Become a fan of Tunable on Facebook: www.facebook.com/AffinityBlue
What's New in Version 1.4
- iOS 9 support
- Fix for incorrect tuning on iPhone 6s devices
- Other minor bugs and performance improvements
I use this app everyday!
I have tried several tuning apps but this is my favorite. After tuning, I often play my flute with it and it is easy to see when I have too much vibrato...you can change the range of vibrato. It shows when you are right on the note with a wide green band and you can quickly see whether you are sharp or flat when the red range shows above or below the line. It's not racing around to find the note you are on like the circular tuners but you can see more of a graph that tells you where you are. I highly recommend this app!
I have used several different tuning/metronome apps and this is by far the best. User interface is very intuitive, yet with the ability to perform much more complex tasks. Waveform of tuner is useful for analyzing vibrato. App multitasks well--you can use the tuner simultaneously with the metronome, Etc. I had all my students buy this app. Can't recommend it enough-these guys did an amazing job.
The tuner is very easy to read, with simultaneous graphical and numerical displays. It can be calibrated to a ridiculous number of different temperaments, including just and equal. Concert A is also adjustable from 440 Hz. It can also transpose notes.
There is a metronome with tempo, beats per measure and subdivisions per beat. Changing the tempo can be a little difficult. There are small + and - signs to adjust by 1 bpm. They are hard to see. You can make bigger jumps using the Adagio, Adante, Allegro, etc. arrows. It would be nice to enter a tempo with a numeric keypad.
There is a tone generator with an 8 octave range.
Finally, there is a basic audio record with adjustable reverb.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Music
- Updated: Nov 06, 2015
- Version: 1.4
- Size: 23.7 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Bokmål, Norwegian, Catalan, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Seth Sandler
- © AffinityBlue
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.