Tunable Toolkit: Tuner, Metronome, and Recorder turns your device into the best chromatic tuner, tone & chord generator, metronome, and recorder — so you can learn to play steadily, in tune, and on beat anywhere you go. Jam-packed with features to help with ear training, breath support, rhythm, timing, dynamics, and more, Tunable remains easy to use while being feature rich. Utilizing a unique “tuning history” display for viewing pitch as you play, an easy to use metronome and a handy audio recorder, Tunable is the perfect toolkit for beginning to professional musicians. Grab Tunable today and use in your next group rehearsal, private instruction, band class, or live performance.
Why are Broadway musicians, students at Julliard, National Youth Orchestras and beginning instrumentalists using Tunable?
LEARN TO PLAY IN TUNE WITH SUSTAINED PITCH HISTORY™
• Visualize how steadily you play or sing. As notes are held out, a white line draws how steady the pitch is. The straighter the line, the more consistent the pitch.
IMPROVE YOUR EAR WITH TONE AND CHORD GENERATOR
• Need a reference tone or chord? Use the tone and chord generator to play and sustain chords with various tone options. Choose from different temperaments to hear how they compare.
KEEP TEMPO WITH AN ACCURATE METRONOME
• See the pulse with a visual metronome. View subdivision and current beat, with a large display and (optional) visual flash.
RECORD YOUR SESSIONS AND SHARE WITH FRIENDS AND TEACHERS
• Record your practices and performances. Add reverb for a professional sound. Share recordings through e-mail, SoundCloud, Dropbox and more.
• Large, colorful tuning indicator clearly shows when in tune (green fills the screen)
• Clear, visual tuner with note, octave, cents (+\-), and frequency (Hz) display
• Unique Sustained Pitch History™ tuning display to see how well you’re sustaining notes over time
• Especially suited for wind instruments and strings with note detection from Tuba to Piccolo
• Horizontal and vertical tuning displays (pick what you prefer)
• Adjustable A=440 reference tone
• Change between Equal, Just, Pythagorean, and 18 other tuning temperaments
TONE AND CHORD GENERATOR
• Chromatic Tone Generator with multiple tone options
• Play and sustain single notes and chords
• Auto Octave rounding for easy note access
• Large number display with optional visual flash to see the downbeat and each subdivision
• Adjust tempo, beats per measure, and subdivision to fit your needs
• Select from over 30 metronome sounds
• See tempo markings to quickly jump between standard tempos
• Tempo Tap (tap metronome center to set a tempo)
• Continues to play when screen is locked or in the background
• Record and save unlimited recordings
• Share recordings through e-mail, SoundCloud, DropBox, and more
• Highly accurate and responsive
• Transpose notes to any instrument
• AppleTV/AirPlay mirroring to an HDMI projector or TV on iPad2, iPhone4S, iPhone5
• Background Audio enables the metronome to continue playing when the screen is locked or closed.
• Dark and light themes
Tunable is especially great with voice, wind, and string instruments including:
• Guitar, Ukelele
• Piccolo, Flute
• Oboe, English Horn, Bassoon
• Eb, Bb/A Soprano Clarinet, Bass Clarinet
• Soprano, Alto, Tenor, and Baritone Saxophone
• Trumpet and Cornet
• French Horn
• Tenor and Bass Trombone
• Euphonium and Tuba
• Violin, Viola, Chello, and Bass
• "The best tuner, metronome, and recorder on iOS and a pitch-perfect bargain for any musician." — MacLife
• "A versatile swiss army knife of music apps" — Gizmodo
• "Tunable shows musicians what pitch-perfect means as they play." — Engadget
• "Tunable doesn't just tell you how you sound -- it shows you." — FastCoDesign
We fixed record reverb on the iPhone X.
We're also continuing to lay the groundwork for our upcoming larger update. Stay tuned (and in tune)!
Enjoying Tunable? Help us by leaving a positive rating and review on the AppStore. It really helps!
Ratings and Reviews
Useful and well designed
I find the tuning display very informative. It includes a graph of pitch vs time and a visually useful and helpful indication of how close the current pitch is. I also appreciate the ability to adjust its pickiness for "in tune", and to transpose (e.g. for b flat clarinet).
The built in metronome is also very useful, flexible and well designed. It offers quick and easy tempo setting via a band of tempos near the bottom, tap to set tempo, adjustable beats per measure and subdivisions per beat. And, of course, it can be used in tuner mode (including stopping and starting it).
The only thing I miss is a spectrum display (like TonalEnergy).
It’s worth the money, so parents of musicians just buy it
Tunable is all around the best tuner/met/drone on the App Store. With other apps you have to pay monthly to get half of the quality of tunable tuner/met/drone. The tuner can get as accurate as 2 cents and the tuner even tells you the hertz. The metronome shows each count clearly and it even has access to all sorts of subdivision. The drone is on point too. When I asked my Instructor which tuner to get tunable was the first app he mentioned. In conclusion don’t waste your money on a membership and just get tunable. Trust me throughout marching band tunable was a savior.
Ukuleles are nearly impossible to tune
This app shows you just how many pitches your ukulele string is putting out when you hit it. No wonder tuning by ear hardly ever gives a good result. This multifaceted display shows you all the kinds of out of tune you are. Once you know you can get each string to show up close to the middle you can fool the listening ear into thinking the pitches are really in tune, when this sensitive app makes it clear that they are not!
- Seth Sandler
- 47 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Danish, French, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © AffinityBlue
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.