Join over a million musicians and improve your playing with Tunable: Music Practice Tools. More than a chromatic tuner, tone & chord generator, metronome, and recorder, Tunable is a music practice coach that can help you play steadily, in tune, and on beat anywhere you go. Jam-packed with features to help with ear training, breath support, rhythm, timing, and dynamics, Tunable is easy to use yet feature-rich. Tunable tracks your playing habits and gives feedback to help you improve. Equipped with a unique “tuning history” display for viewing pitch as you play, an easy to use metronome and a handy audio recorder, Tunable is the perfect toolkit for beginning to professional musicians. Grab Tunable today and use in your next practice session, group rehearsal, band class, or live performance.
Why are Broadway musicians, students at Juilliard, National Youth Orchestras and beginning instrumentalists using Tunable?
GET FEEDBACK ON HOW YOU PLAY
• It's like a music instructor in your pocket. Record a practice session and get a practice score with note graphs to help summarize your playing.
LEARN TO PLAY IN TUNE WITH SUSTAINED PITCH HISTORY™
• Visualize how steadily you play or sing. The straighter the white line, the more consistent the pitch.
IMPROVE YOUR EAR WITH TONE AND CHORD GENERATOR
• Use the tone and chord generator to play and sustain chords with various tone options. Toggle between different temperaments to hear how they compare.
KEEP TEMPO WITH AN ACCURATE METRONOME
• See the pulse with a visual metronome. View subdivision and current beat, with a large display and (optional) visual flash.
RECORD YOUR SESSIONS AND SHARE WITH EASE
• Record practices and performances. Add reverb for a professional sound. Share recordings with family, friends, and teachers.
• Large, colorful tuning indicator clearly shows when in tune (green fills the screen)
• Clear, visual tuner with note, octave, cents (+\-), and frequency (Hz) display
• Sustained Pitch History™ tuning display to see how you’re sustaining notes over time
• Especially suited for wind instruments, strings, and vocals with note detection from Tuba to Piccolo
• Adjustable A=440 reference tone
• Create your own or change between Equal, Just, Pythagorean, and 15 other tuning temperaments
TONE AND CHORD GENERATOR
• Chromatic Tone Generator and Full Piano with multiple tone options
• Play and sustain single notes or chords
• Continues playing when the screen is locked or in the background
• Large number display with optional visual flash to see the downbeat and each subdivision
• Adjust tempo, beats per measure, and subdivision to fit your needs
• Accent or mute individual subdivisions
• Sync metronome to nearby devices so they run at the same tempo and in time (via Ableton Link)
• Select from over 30 metronome sounds
• Tempo Tap (tap metronome center to set a tempo)
• Continues playing when the screen is locked or in the background
RECORD PRACTICE SESSIONS
• Record and save unlimited recordings
• Receive a score and individual note graphs per recording
• Organize recordings into folders
• Search by name to find past recordings
• Easily share recordings and practice scores
• Playback recordings at 0x - 3x speed
• Transpose notes to any instrument
• 15 Notations to choose from
• AppleTV/AirPlay mirroring
• Dark and light themes
• Siri Shortcuts access to common tasks
Tunable is especially great with voice, wind, and string instruments:
• Guitar, Ukelele
• Piccolo, Flute
• Oboe, English Horn, Bassoon
• Trumpet and Cornet
• French Horn
• Tenor and Bass Trombone
• Euphonium and Tuba
• Violin, Viola, Chello, and Bass
• "The best tuner, metronome, and recorder on iOS and a pitch-perfect bargain for any musician." — MacLife
• "Tunable shows musicians what pitch-perfect means as they play." — Engadget
• "Tunable doesn't just tell you how you sound -- it shows you." — FastCoDesign
• FIXED issue with metronome not playing steadily
• NEW bulk delete sessions
• Minor bug fixes and optimizations
If you're enjoying Tunable, please rate this version. It really helps! If you need help, reach me at firstname.lastname@example.org. I'd love to hear from you.
Ratings and Reviews
This tuner does it all and at a superior level to all other tuner apps, in my opinion. It has all the features - multiple temperaments, tuner, tone generator, metronome, and a recording feature that lets you play back the recording while the tuner is running. The viewing interface for the tuner is in a class by itself: very precise, not overly busy, providing at-a-glance impression of what you are doing but also greater precision if you want it. Now it provides the option of extreme sensitivity, greater by far than any tuner I’ve seen - you can set a very large amount of real estate on your device to represent just two or six cents, thus challenging yourself to a very high standard - if you wish. Therefore it is suitable for the highest-caliber musicians, useful to professionals and students/amateurs alike. It is the only tuner you will need!
App freezing more and more... unable to tune
I’ve had Tunable for a couple of years now and have really loved it for most of that time, using it to tune my double bass accurately in noisy green rooms and loud orchestra rehearsals without issue.
However, it seems with each additional update to Tunable the tuner within the app has become more unreliable and prone to freeze / crash. At first, I would just have to close it and reopen the app and it would work fine afterwards. Now, frequently I’ll go to tune with the app and it won’t register that I’m playing any notes at all, or it registers at such a delay that I am unable to use it to tune at all, even if I am in a silent room... While it’s cool that Tunable has been adding new functions in the application, etc, I would rather that the tuner work.
At this point I’m deleting and looking for something else. Buy at your own risk
Developer Response ,
Hi, did you receive my previous e-mails? Tunable has been updated with fixes for the issues you've been seeing. I'd really love to get in touch with you and either provide a refund or make sure everything is fixed. Please respond to this e-mail or contact me directly at email@example.com. Thanks, - Seth
Useful and well designed
I find the tuning display very informative. It includes a graph of pitch vs time and a visually useful and helpful indication of how close the current pitch is. I also appreciate the ability to adjust its pickiness for "in tune", and to transpose (e.g. for b flat clarinet).
The built in metronome is also very useful, flexible and well designed. It offers quick and easy tempo setting via a band of tempos near the bottom, tap to set tempo, adjustable beats per measure and subdivisions per beat. And, of course, it can be used in tuner mode (including stopping and starting it).
The only thing I miss is a spectrum display (like TonalEnergy).
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.