By Yonac Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
***THE MOST SENSITIVE TUNER FOR iOS! ***
Two tuners in one! Along with its completely foolproof automatic tuner, Tune-O-Rama also incorporates an equally painless chromatic tuner that you can access at the touch of a button. With its professional-grade accuracy, ease-of-use and ridiculously low price-tag, Tune-O-Rama is *the* tuner to own for any serious musician. There are no regrets here.
Featuring a detection range of 1200+ Hz, Tune-O-Rama is suitable for use with a vast array of instruments in its chromatic mode. Both its guitar and chromatic modules incorporate the special 4-phase pitch detection algorithm developed in our laboratories, and ensures that Tune-O-Rama is still the most sensitive and easy-to-use musical tuner for the iPhone platform.
In the automatic mode, Tune-O-Rama is an intelligent, real-time tuner specifically designed for the guitar and the bass. Unlike most other software guitar tuners that perform a single-stage analysis on the input, Tune-O-Rama uses a sophisticated 4-tier detection algorithm for increased accuracy and sensitivity, developed after extensive measurement of the tonal qualities of plucked instruments in our labs:
1) The instrument's sound is first passed through an acoustic gate, engaging the measurement module.
2) The input is processed by a specially designed filter to reduce atmospheric artifacts and focus the frequency distribution
3) The resulting soundwave is then resolved to its frequencies
4) An algorithm tailored for plucked instruments then interprets the data and produces the final reading
In this mode, Tune-O-Rama offers presets for 20 different tunings, including Open-G, DADGAD, Csus2, and of course, the Standard, and provides one-touch +/- transposition for flat tunings commonly encountered on the guitar and the bass.
In this mode, Tune-O-Rama employs a more sophisticated version of the original algorithm to detect the pitch of many types of musical instruments. With a 1200 Hz range, it is
suitable for use not only with the guitar and bass, but also with the mandolin, uke, violin and more. The chromatic mode makes alternate tunings a breeze, and can also be used for note recognition.
Offering +-5 cent accuracy in both modes, Tune-O-Rama has a sleek and intuitive user interface modeled after professional tuners.
PLEASE NOTE: iPod Touch 2G and 3G don't have built-in mics: hence, users need an iPod Touch-compatible external mic or mic'd earphones plugged into to the audio jack.
• Dedicated Guitar/Bass ("Auto") and general Chromatic modes
• Our patented 4-stage tuning algorithm for stringed instruments
• Ultra-precision tuning with +/- 5 cent accuracy.
• Intelligent string detection in Guitar/Bass mode
• Adjustable reference pitch (std. is A=440 Hz...adjust within 20Hz radius)
• 1200+ Hz pitch detection range in chromatic mode
• Sleek and intuitive user interface, designed for fast tuning
• Fast or slow pitch detection, to suit visual/sensory preference
• Adjustable pitch-tracking sensitivity
• Single-string option in Auto mode (via string select buttons)
• +/- transposition for flat or sharp tunings
• Two simultaneous delta readouts: needle and light
• Volume bar-meter
• 20 different guitar/bass tunings
• iPhone 2G, 3G, 3GS, 4 with OS 3.0 and better
• iPod Touch 2nd Generation or Newer, OS 3.0 or better. 2nd and 3rd gen iPod Touches will need a mic attachment, as they don't have built-in mics.
What's New in Version 2.1
-- Comprehensive iOS4 update for full integration with the new OS subsystem
-- Increased minimum required OS to 3.0
Great App, needs a little touch
I am learning to play clarinet and to make the correct sound with it is very difficult for the beginners. A tuner device helps me check if I am playing my instrument correctly. I knew several tuning devices, but I though there should be an app for it, and that’s how I found TuneOrama. Basically, anybody playing a musical instrument that needs tuning or practicing for the correct sound can use TuneOrama. It is very easy to understand and use, very intuitive. It provides detailed and flexible settings for professionals as well as simple default settings for beginners.
It is a great app, but two additions would make it even greater. I am more familiar with the solfege notation, and it would be cool if I can change the notation style from settings. The second thing I would love to have is an instrument selection setting that will let me pick my instrument. That way I wouldn’t have to transpose the note shown since I am using a B-flat instrument.
2.1 version: Worth It
Experienced bass guitarist here... I have had this app for over a month as of this review and am pleased with what it does for me. Players can be lazy using it. Just stick the device in front of your amp or instrument with the app on and hit the string you want to tune. The app senses the note immediately and you can tune it accordingly. Then repeat for the rest of the strings. Since I'm used to trusting my own tuning more than a device. I just tune the highest pitch string first and tune the rest of the instrument harmonically. Either method works well. It's a worthwhile investment for all string players. This will help to keep you in tune. Remember: There's no better sound effect than being in tune...
I have used this application for years. It's quick and very accurate. You would be hard pressed to find a better tuber out there.
I just wish there were a way to add and name a custom tuning. For instance the tuning used for Zeppelin's Bron-Yr-Aur isn't stored in the app, so I'm forced to toggle through a lot of different tunings just to tune my guitar to be able to play that song.
So it'd be a useful feature to be able to add and name a custom tuning.
But I am very pleased with this application. Highly recommended
- Category: Music
- Updated: Jul 12, 2010
- Version: 2.1
- Size: 2.9 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Yonac Inc.
- © 2008 Mehmet I. Yonac
Compatibility: Requires iOS 3.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.