TunesArt is a great companion for iTunes and Spotify:
- Display album cover on your desktop (8 themes included)
- Customizable notifications on track change
- Last.fm / Twitter integration
- Display embedded lyrics, in a window or on your desktop
- Instantly search in your iTunes or Spotify library
- Global keyboard shortcuts to control iTunes or Spotify
- Tags manager (iTunes only)
- Get information about an artist
- Display track's name and ratings in menubar
- Many more features to discover...
Updated to work with macOS Mojave.
- New: support for Spotify
- New: Rounded theme is now default theme
- New: notifications can be automatically removed from notification center
- Information about an artist can be displayed without a Last.fm account
- Improved Twitter support (genre and artwork can be included)
- Improved notifications when using macOS notification center
- Fixed lyrics garbage
- Fixed several other bugs
- Removed Growl support (unmaintened project)
Ratings and Reviews
App crashing in Mojave
TunesArt is routinely crashing in macOS Mojave as soon as a track is played in iTunes (12.9). The developer has been unresponsive after an initial reply.
App seems to crash after upgrading to Mojave! :-/
BEST iTunes Companion App
I've been using TunesArt for several years now and it is still my favorite app for controlling iTunes. I have used many, many apps for this and TunesArt does the best of everything for me. I love being able to control music, volume, ratings, etc with shortcuts and I LOVE being able to pull up lyrics at anytime. Controls in the menubar are useful as well. The search feature is very slick.
Those complaining about the lyric fetching don't seem to understand that it wasn't legal or following Apple's guidelines. Would you rather have the app completely pulled and not available for sale, or have a compltely awesome app without that one nice feature? I'm happy that the developer is doing what he needs to so that he can continue this awesome app.
My only complaint is that updates take a little too long. Bug fixes are few and far between. With an app like this, updates are needed quickly when new versions of iTunes are released. Even with the latest build, the shuffle and repeat shortcuts do not work.
- Jean-Baptiste ZEDDA
- 6.1 MB
- OS X 10.7 or later, 64-bit processor
- English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2009-2018, Jibapps
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.