TunnelBear VPN Proxy: WiFi Security & Privacy
By TunnelBear, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Simple, private, free access to the open Internet you love.
Download TunnelBear VPN free for your iPhone / iPad to protect your online privacy, access your favourite websites, and browse securely on Wifi hotspots.
This beautiful app gives you 500MB of free data each and every month, with more free data when you tell your friends about TunnelBear.
* A beautifully simple app. On, off. It's that easy.
* Access to your favourite websites, anytime, anywhere.
* Lightning fast connection speeds to 20+ countries in our ever expanding network.
* Browse the Internet with more privacy from hackers, ISPs and anyone monitoring your network.
* Encrypt your data to browse with confidence while you’re connected to wifi hotspots.
* Helpful support that always responds within 24 hours.
What are the best tech sites on the Internet saying about TunnelBear?
“TunnelBear is an elegant, easy mobile VPN that keeps you safe.” - Lifehacker
“TunnelBear, the gorgeous VPN app that wants to bring online privacy to everyone.” - VentureBeat
“The most beautiful VPN app we’ve ever seen.” - TNW
“All you have to do is turn the switch to “ON” and you are protected.” - WSJ
“A most useful mammal…” - Yahoo News
Upgrade your bear:
TunnelBear subscriptions provide unlimited data, access to all of our server locations, and can be used on up to five devices. We offer two types of auto-renewing subscriptions: Full and iOS-only.
- A full plan can be purchased within the app for $9.99 monthly, or $59.99 yearly (saving a whopping 50%!).
- An iOS-only plan can be purchased within the app for $4.99 monthly, or $39.99 yearly (saving 33%!). This plan is for iPhones and iPads only.
* Payments are charged to your iTunes account at confirmation of purchase
* Your subscription will automatically renew 24 hours before the end of each current period (monthly or yearly depending on what you choose) unless auto-renewal is turned off.
* Auto-renewal can be turned off at any time within the user’s Apple ID Account Settings > Manage Subscriptions
* Terms of Service: https://www.tunnelbear.com/tos
Looking to learn a cool bear fact? Is your TunnelBear misbehaving? Contact support at email@example.com
What's New in Version 2.6.5
• Please bear with us. We had to fix a crash we introduced in our last update.
So close to perfect 5 stars
The TunnelBear app and service is amazing. The only change I would make it to allow me to disable it trying to connect to the VPN when I have no reliable connections nearby. I like the feature that it disabled all inbound and outbound traffic until you reconnect to the server but I want the ability to disable it if needed so I can properly troubleshoot my connection. It would also be cool to select a location inside of a country, but that isn't necessary.
Other than what I listed up above I love the app and the company seems genuinely trying, and succeeding, at being one of the most trustworthy and effective VPN options out there. I haven't noticed and meaningful slowdown if any when I a connected to the service.
TunnelBear gets an A and so close to an A+.
I've been using TunnelBear for a few months now and it's been great. It's effective and dependable, while also being easy and fun to use. I love the price and have an account that covers all my devices.
There are a few annoying things, but I think they apply to all VPNs. As others have noted, Netflix seems to detect VPNs and blocks their site. So I simply turn off TunnelBear while using Netflix and then back on again after. One other gripe is that iOS makes my iPhone switch from wifi to cellular when asleep for some reason, unless I turn off TunnelBear first.
Use IPSec setting if you have issues
Worked with their bears and figured out that there is an iPhone bug with IKEv2 that was causing all my connection issues - we switched my TunnelBear setting to use IPSec, and I couldn't be happier. It finally connects quicker, and seems to be a better overall connection.
Streaming video is slower than another VPN I used, but other than that it's a great offering.
Be sure to check out their amazing BlockBear app, too - it blows other ad blockers out of the water!
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Jul 31, 2017
- Version: 2.6.5
- Size: 32.4 MB
- Languages: English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Seller: TunnelBear, Inc.
- © 2015 TunnelBear, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Unlimited data for iOS devices$4.99
- Unlimited data for any 5 devices$6.99
- Unlimited data for any 5 devices$9.99
- TunnelBear - 1 Month unlimited data$3.99
- Unlimited data for iOS devices$39.99
- TunnelBear - 3 Months unlimited data$9.99
- Unlimited data for any 5 devices$59.99
- Unlimited data for any 5 devices$49.99
- TunnelBear - 12 Months unlimited data$29.99