TurboScan turns your iPhone into a full-featured and powerful scanner for documents, receipts, books, photos, whiteboards, and other text. Using just your iPhone or iPad, you can quickly scan your multipage documents in high quality PDFs or JPEGs, name, store and send them anywhere.
• "I was going to buy a Quick Scanner so I could go paperless, but this app has just saved me hundreds of dollars" (TurboScan user)
• Featured in The NY Times, CNN Money and The Telegraph.
TurboScan uses advanced fast algorithms to accurately detect document edges, straighten them (correct perspective), eliminate shadows and set a perfect contrast for text - black on white. Color and photo modes are also available.
TurboScan boasts a powerful yet easy to use interface. Get instant one-tap brightness, rotation and color controls all on one screen!
TurboScan also offers SureScan, our proprietary scanning mode for sharper scans (especially useful in low-light conditions.) SureScan automatically takes three pictures of the same document, giving you guaranteed perfect result every time.
TurboScan's handy "Email to myself" feature lets you routinely send documents to a predefined address with one tap, or even upload them to online storage sites like Evernote.
All processing happens on your iPhone, and the confidentiality of your data is never compromised (no Internet connection needed.)
• Automatic document edge detection and perspective correction
• SureScan 3x mode for sharpest scans
• Document naming, storage inside the app and smart search
• “Email to myself” feature for quick routine emails
• Add and reorder pages at any time
• Arrange multiple receipts or business cards on a PDF page for printing, etc.
• Send fax option (uses our Turbo Fax app)
• Email or message documents as PDF, JPEG, or PNG, or save to Photos
• Touch ID & passcode lock
• Upload, auto-upload and backup to iCloud Drive
• Open PDFs or JPEGs in other apps like Dropbox or Google Drive to send to clouds
• Copy & paste scans to other scans or Clipboard, and merge
• AirDrop function (press Open PDF In...)
• Printing via AirPrint or printing apps
• Compact attachments with adjustable size
• Ultra-fast processing (under 4 seconds per page)
TIPS ON SCANNING
• Make sure your document is flat and well lit.
• For best edge detection, include some margin around your document while shooting.
• Use flash in low light conditions, but avoid glare with glossy documents.
We're constantly improving TurboScan, and we value our customers' opinions and feedback. Please email us at email@example.com. Thank you!
- Receive PDFs from other apps (select “Open PDF In” in other apps).
- Improved edge detection.
- Scanning quality is improved on newer phones (dark text/resolution issue is fixed).
- Crash when creating large backups is fixed.
- Other fixes and improvements.
Ratings and Reviews
Doesn't save all scanned photos
I bought this app to scan thousands of family photos and it works very well for this purpose. I built a light box for my iPad Pro so I just put the next photo on a black background and take a pic. It does a very good job at cropping unless an edge of the photo is very dark. Overall I'm happy with the cropping feature. I found sometimes when I switch apps while in the photo shoot mode, I return to a frozen program. I just Kill and restart the app to fix. A minor bug that's easy to work around. However, sometimes after a restart, the last photo I scanned is missing! And sometimes after a scan, photos are just missing. Today I wanted to text a photo I had just scanned only to find out it was never saved! Worse yet, the two previous scans were also missing. This is not acceptable and my reason for 1 star. I don't know how many scans are missing. Beware if you're using this app for large batch scan runs - you may need to check the list after every scan.
I once again, love this app!
Perhaps a year ago or more, I had left negative feedback regarding this app which I had really come to enjoy however, over time l noticed glitches that were not being addressed. I contacted the developers and to my delight and surprise, I got immediate feedback and actually spoke to one of the support techs for a long time and explained my frustrations and I tried to give constructive criticism as well. Over time, all of these concerns have been addressed and corrected and I am compelled to say this is yet again and outstanding value! A little bit of money well spent if you are giving presentations We are graphics are an important part of your work!
I'm not normally the one who writes a review because I'm not normally excited about a product. Usually if the product is great, the service lacks or vice versa. I love this app! I never use my scanner anymore and am able to send docs on the fly while I'm anywhere for business. While this app is perfect if you're looking for ways to improve (yeah, I know) please be a option available when I'm in a text or email to be able to attach my PDF then. I'm aware if I save my doc to my Dropbox I can make this happen but it would be excellent to go direct without Dropbox. Thank you for this awesome tool!
- Piksoft Inc.
- 32.4 MB
- Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Piksoft 2018
- In-App Purchases
- TurboScan Premium $7.99
- Tip developer, level 1 $1.99
- Tip developer, level 2 $4.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.