TurboScan™ Pro - document & receipt scanner: scan multiple pages and photos to PDF
By Piksoft Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
TurboScan turns your iPhone into a full-featured and powerful scanner for documents, receipts, books, photos, whiteboards, and other text. Using just your iPhone or iPad, you can quickly scan your multipage documents in high quality, and edit, store and send them as PDFs or JPEGs.
• Featured in The NY Times (Jan 2012), CNN Money (Sept 2012) and The Telegraph (Jan 2015).
TurboScan uses advanced fast algorithms to accurately auto-detect document edges, straighten the documents (correct perspective), eliminate shadows and set a perfect contrast for text - black on white.
TurboScan boasts a powerful yet easy to use interface. Get instant one-tap brightness, rotation and color controls all on one screen!
TurboScan also offers SureScan, our proprietary scanning mode for sharper scans (especially useful in low-light conditions.) SureScan automatically takes three pictures of the same document, giving you guaranteed perfect result every time.
TurboScan's handy "Email to myself" feature lets you send documents to a predefined address, or even upload them to online storage sites like Evernote, with a single tap.
All processing happens on your iPhone, and the confidentiality of your data is never compromised (no Internet connection needed.)
• Automatic document edge detection and perspective correction
• SureScan 3x mode for sharpest scans
• Document naming, storage inside the app and smart search
• Add and reorder pages at any time, merge scans, copy and paste
• Arrange multiple receipts or business cards on a PDF page
• “Email to myself” feature for quick emails
• Email document as PDF, JPEG or PNG, or save to Camera Roll
• Document upload and backup to iCloud Drive
• Open PDFs or JPEGs in other apps like the free Dropbox app (or Evernote, GoogleDrive, etc) to send to clouds
• AirDrop function (press Open PDF In...)
• Copy pages to Clipboard and Paste in other apps
• Printing via AirPrint or printing apps
• Compact attachments and device storage space
• Ultra-fast processing (under 4 seconds per page)
TIPS ON SCANNING
• Make sure your document is flat and well lit.
• For best edge detection, include some margin around your document while shooting.
• Use flash in low light conditions, but avoid glare with glossy documents.
We're constantly improving TurboScan, and we value our customers' opinions and feedback. If you want to send us your feedback or have a problem with our software, please contact us at email@example.com before submitting a comment to the app store. Remember that we can solve most of the problems, but we cannot respond to comments.
What's New in Version 2.8.2
You asked and we added:
• Sending options for multiple documents. Merging documents.
• Upload single documents or entire storage to iCloud Drive
• Storage backup to iCloud Drive and restore
• Reduced attachment size for smaller documents like receipts or cards
• Support and FAQ link inside the app
• Simple API for other apps to scan using TurboScan's scanning function (details on our website)
• Many smaller fixes and improvements
A great scanner replacement!
This app really works great for "scanning" (with the camera) receipts and other documents. The single-photo mode is typically good enough for receipts, but the 3x photo mode creates an image so clean and sharp (at least with the iPhone4 I'm using) people might think you actually used a scanner, not to mention, it's more convenient than a scanner. The auto-crop feature does a pretty good job calculating the edges of your documents, and it automatically brings up a user-friendly crop tool in case you want to tweak it a little bit. You can adjust the brightness and select color or black & white for your images. If multiple pages, they can be combined into a single file. You can then choose from several options what to do with the output, such as send an email or save the image(s) to your phone. There are other options also, but I primarily use these. If you're looking for a scanner replacement for your iPhone, you must give this app a try!
Just perfect -- Paperless Office finally here
My first app review ever though I frequently recommend this app to others. Pleased to say I've been using this app for several years, just perfect for documenting both business and non-business items, from bank deposits and business communications to kid's art hanging on school wall (just take a picture) or art or homework brought home (recycling the original).
Easily scan and email to recipients, most usually to myself to have available and stored in my email inbox forever more. Now includes iCloud backup so probably won't email to myself any more, though it's only two clicks with my email address pre-stored in preferences.
I've only once contacted the developers, requesting document encryption or integration with Dropbox or other secure sharing method. iCloud backup helps for my personal sharing needs but I'm still looking for a way to securely send directly to others.
Have had a few glitches over the past few years, but on the whole, it functions well. I highly recommend.
I use it to keep track of docs and send to Evernote, home system, business, etc. I scan stuff on the fly for records, has made me a much better record keeper.
I recommend this one over the others I've tried — several— it seems to work best, and keeps getting better.
Update July 2015: With fixes and further evaluations of other similar apps, I conclude this is the best.
Update: Sept 2016 - love new backup to iCloud function. Clearing off excess docs and files from my phone. App continues to improve. I see no reason to change to one of the other apps out there. Can see they'll be better. Probably would be less functional the TurboScan. Loaded for my wife — notoriously impatient with non-functional stuff. She works with it. Great tool. Highly recommend.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Business
- Updated: Aug 18, 2016
- Version: 2.8.2
- Size: 8.8 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Seller: Piksoft Inc.
- © Piksoft 2017
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.