TurboScan: quickly scan multipage documents into high-quality PDFs
By Piksoft Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
TurboScan turns your iPhone into a multipage scanner for documents, receipts, notes, whiteboards, and other text. With TurboScan, you can quickly scan your documents and store or email them as multipage PDF or JPEG files.
#1 business app in the United States and 30+ other countries for 2 years!
• "Unbelievably sharp. The best app I’ve tried... The scan accuracy of SureScan mode is brilliant" (AppBank review, April 2010)
• "I’ve downloaded and purchased many fantastic apps, but Turboscan is the tool that has added the most value to my iPhone" (iosLawyer.com, Dec 2012)
• "Produces not a photograph of a document, but a very clear copier quality image, Having this app is like having a portable copier in your pocket" (TurboScan user)
TurboScan uses advanced fast algorithms to auto-detect document edges, straighten the documents (correct perspective), eliminate shadows and set a perfect contrast.
TurboScan boasts a powerful yet easy to use interface. Get instant one-tap brightness, rotation and color controls all on one screen!
TurboScan also offers SureScan, our proprietary scanning mode for sharper scans (especially useful in low-light conditions.) SureScan requires taking three pictures of the same document with the iPhone camera.
TurboScan's handy "Email to myself" feature lets you send documents to a predefined address, or even upload them to online storage sites like Evernote, with a single tap.
All processing happens on your iPhone, and the confidentiality of your data is never compromised (no Internet connection needed.)
• Automatic document edge detection and perspective correction
• Ultra-fast processing (under 4 seconds per page)
• SureScan mode for very sharp scans
• Document naming, storage inside the app and search
• Multipage editing: add, reorder, and delete pages
• Copy pages to Clipboard and Paste
• “Email to myself” feature for quick emails
• Email document as PDF, JPEG or PNG, or save to camera roll
• Arrange multiple receipts or business cards on a PDF page
• Open PDFs or JPEGs in other apps like the free Dropbox app (or Evernote, SkyDrive, GoogleDrive app, etc) to send to clouds, or fax apps
• Printing via AirPrint
• Instant one-tap brightness, rotation, and color controls
• Compact attachments with adjustable size
• Not recommended to use with iPod Touch 4 or iPad 2 camera (due to its low resolution).
• Works great with the iPod Touch 5 and is compatible with the iPad 3 or newer.
TIPS ON SCANNING
• Make sure your document is flat and well lit.
• Use flash in low light conditions, but avoid glare with glossy documents (magazines, etc.)
We're constantly improving TurboScan, and we value our customers' opinions and feedback. If you want to send us your feedback or have a problem with our software, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org before submitting a comment to the app store. Remember that we can solve most of the problems, but we cannot respond to comments.
What's New in Version 2.6.2
• Option to put multiple receipts or business cards on a PDF page. (Tap “Pen” to activate).
• Better aspect ratio for page scans.
• Brightness buttons are more aggressive now.
• Updated button icons.
• iOS 4.3.x document exporting bug is fixed.
Intuitive, efficient, accurate
My flatbed scanner is now sitting on a shelf with my digital point and shoot camera. Both great tools, but the app is always with me. And not once has it felt lacking in any aspect.
The scans are consistently excellent. A wrinkled 24x48 blueprint outdoors in wind and poor light? No problem. Having the scanned sheet automatically (but adjustably) framed really works for me. Love the contrast and image mode options too. Being able to add a label, or not (1 less click!), is nice.
This is easily the handiest app on my phone. I am a garden designer and use it for a variety of tasks on the fly: archiving receipts, copying clients' scaled landscape plans, capturing a magazine clipping they saved as inspirational, etc.
Occasionally now even using it in place of the camera because it is so easy to tie together series of shots. A little slower than camera, but fewer clicks to accomplish my task... which is what matters to me. For example, have started compiling albums of plant acquisitions for each job/client; so easy to attach a new scan to an existing set; so easy to share via Dropbox; so easy to have image of receipt attached to job photos. And so on.
I am the annoying sort that gives average apps 3 star ratings. This app earned the 5 star by seriously improving my workflow in the field.
Great scanning app
This is the app that I use all the time for all my scanning. I really like it.
It has a three times scan option. This option just takes the scan from the best of the three shots that you've taken. So it picks the best image that you can take with your camera. After you've been using the app for a while you learn how to take the picture right the first time, and you will not need to use this option.
You'll get your best scans if you place the paper on a flat surface, smooth out all wrinkles that are in the paper and use a background that is a different color than the paper color. Frame it up in your phone so that you can see all the edges clearly do not try to clip the page. This way the app will pick the frame for you. Otherwise you'll have to change the frame to be tight against the edges of the page.
I use this for most of my scanning. And just used it for a document that was larger than my flatbed scanner. The only thing I use my flatbed scanner for is very straight 8.5 x 11 documents that I can use the multi page feed option. It is little time-consuming to scan 80 page documents with this tool.
It's quick Easy & Streamlined...
Update: Still great! Unique feature to do a triple scan--which the app blends into one! (Hmm, or does it select clearest?) -- results in useable JPG or PDF for hand held, otherwise blurry output! (End of update.)
I had about four other "scanner" type apps which help to adjust the "keystone" and "Kine" distortions of going from flat rectangular documents to tiny round camera lenses. I was almost buying the pro version of one, and still might. Then the un-cluttered screen displays of this one, along with its auto split screen ballooning of the corner one is adjusting, make it very functional! The auto processing is very swift! The "already on screen" adjustment to color, contrast, document title(s) also speed up the process of capturing documents!
--agreed that for a precision job, this might seem TOO simplistic, BUT IT STILL RAPIDLY GETS THE JOB DONE IT WAS DESIGNED TO DO!
[Memo to complainers: right below these eval's you will see the address of the designers: copy your eval and complaint, AND COMPLIMENTS open a web page directly to them, paste it in, then you can See results, and actions on your suggestions.]
- Category: Business
- Updated: Dec 09, 2013
- Version: 2.6.2
- Size: 1.8 MB
- Languages: English, Russian
- Seller: Piksoft Inc.
- © Piksoft 2013
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.