How it works: Snap a photo of your W-2, answer simple questions about your life, and e-file securely from your mobile device or computer.
The most convenient way to get your taxes done right.
Seamlessly and securely switch between your iPhone, iPad and computer. You don't need any tax knowledge. TurboTax asks you simple questions and coaches you every step of the way. We automatically double-check as you go, so you can be confident your taxes are done right.
• NEW: TurboTax Live quickly connects you to a CPA or EA on screen for live tax advice, as often as you'd like. Get answers from a tax expert on demand as you do your taxes and a one-on-one review before you file.
• NEW: Uncover industry specific deductions to get every deduction you deserve with TurboTax Self-Employed.
• NEW: Redesigned navigation with quick access to the new financial health app Turbo℠, and other apps like Mint, TaxCaster and ItsDeductible.
• Live on-screen video help with SmartLook™ - Connect with a live TurboTax specialist and watch as they guide you by drawing on your screen to get you the answers you need to file with confidence. Fees apply.
• Step-by-step guidance - Answer simple questions and we'll double check as you go to help make sure there are no mistakes.
• W-2 import – just snap a photo of your W-2, verify your data, and we'll automatically put your information into all the right tax forms.
• Face ID, Touch ID and PIN - Get secure access on any device, seamlessly switch between your phone, tablet and computer and pick up right where you left off.
• Understand the "whys" behind your tax refund, in a tap with ExplainWhy™.
• Coverage for any tax situation with our full product lineup: Free Edition, Deluxe, Premier, Self-Employed, TurboTax Live
• Searches 350+ tax deductions and credits to maximize your tax refund. (available in Deluxe, Premier, Self-Employed and TurboTax Live)
• Fastest tax refund possible with e-file and direct deposit.
• Start for free - pay only when you file your tax return* or pay for TurboTax using your federal tax refund. (fees apply)
*TurboTax pricing is based on your tax situation and varies by product. Actual prices are determined at the time of print or e-file and are subject to change without notice. Internet access required; standard message and data rates apply to download and use mobile app features and content.
*SmartLook access to a TurboTax specialist is included with TurboTax Deluxe, Premier, Self-Employed, and TurboTax Live; not included in Free Edition (but available as an upgrade). TurboTax specialists provide general customer help and support using the TurboTax product. On screen help from a TurboTax specialist is available via Smartlook™ on a PC, laptop or the TurboTax mobile app. Service, area of expertise, experience levels, wait times, hours of operation and availability vary, and are subject to restriction and change without notice.
*TurboTax Live is available on the TurboTax mobile app, mobile-web, and PC or laptop. On screen Expert Review by a CPA or EA is available on PC or laptop; not available in the TurboTax mobile app or when using a web browser on your mobile phone. Consent for expert hand-off of your income tax return to a CPA or EA is available on PC or laptop and when using a web browser on your mobile phone; not available on the TurboTax mobile app.
To learn how Intuit protects your privacy, please visit: https://security.intuit.com/privacy
Ever have a burning tax question that you'd like to speak with a tax expert on? Have no fear, TurboTax is here! This release adds TurboTax Live, which includes:
• Quickly connect to live tax experts (CPA or EA) to ask questions as you are doing your taxes and see them live on your screen.
• Tax experts can review your work and make any necessary changes and you can get their approval for our 100% Accuracy Guarantee.
This release also includes a few bug fixes, and design polish.
Thanks for using the app!
Any feedback? E-mail us at TTAppFeedback@intuit.com
Ratings and Reviews
Extra Charges - Refusal to make it right
TurboTax is an awful company to try and communicate with. Their customer service is not able to help you resolve issues. You get passed around from person to person without getting their mistakes resolved. You cannot find a phone number to give a person a call. You have to sit around and wait for them to call you back and sometimes they do not call back.
I called to ask a question about the deluxe. Package and the state returns. The person who answered in a video chat gave false information about being able to file federal using Deluxe and then file using the traditional free filing for the state returns. That is not a true statement, so I filed using the Deluxe only to find out that was a lie. I was not able to undo my purchase and file the free way. I had moved this past year and they wanted to charge me for 2 state returns. They were very difficult to work with.
I have just checked my credit card statement and see that they charged me for both the deluxe and plus filing. The deluxe has all extra bells and whistles of the plus I would not purchase both. They tell me that I ordered both at the same time, which is not true because I have my receipt. They tell me there is nothing they can do and when I ask to talk with someone else they tell me I will have to wait 24-48 hours. They are an awful company in which to do business.
Thank you for reaching out, and we are so sorry to hear about the experience you had. We would like to get more information from you to see what happened and if there is anything we can do to resolve it, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “raebae20-iOS"
-TurboTax mobile team
I’ve never felt so robbed by a company. I have been filing my taxes for years with them and helped others do theirs too! I’m very proficient in how to work the app.
I have no children don't own a house so I don’t Itemize or do any fancy forms with my taxes so I have always payed for the $0 dollar taxes.
Somehow when I got to the end of filing my taxes it charged me almost 200 dollars in fees. I did not click anything that would make it do that. So I signed out of that email and used an old email to try to redo the taxes. Went through the whole process and it did the same thing. I really didn’t want to pay the fees but nor did I want to fill out my taxes for a third time. Hoping I could call turbo tax and get them to help me fix the fees I went ahead and filed! So when I called them and after and hour half on the phone mostly on hold they told me there was nothing they could do. They actually charged me for self employed plan when I had never chose that plan ever and would never. So they pretty much stole money from me and refused to give it back. Terrible customer service when it was a glitch in their system. Took 200 dollars for me and refused to help me. A loyal customer that will never go back nor recommend them anymore.
They try to comment about my situation on here and then ask me to email them what happened but never follow up and fix anything . Terrible company !!
Thanks so much for taking the time to share your feedback, as we understand this may have been a frustrating experience. We'd love to learn more about the issues you ran into. If you email us at Social_We_Care@intuit.com we would love to help out.
- TurboTax Mobile Team
TurboTax is going downhill
I originally used TurboTax in 2015. It followed by the IRS saying my information was obtained and steps to follow. From talking with other individuals and research, it sounded like this happened to TurboTax users. I switched to a different company, TaxAct, to complete my 2016 taxes. I returned to TurboTax in 2017 as it sounded like more security was in place and they had the flexibility of mobile filing. For someone who doesn’t have a working computer, this was a great option! Unfortunately, upon filing, the IRS rejected my information since I did not provide information from the previous year. TurboTax did not highlight this from the get go, but they had to problem requiring me to sign up for several other fees - the site required me to sign up and when I pressed the back button to go back to review my options, it kept refreshing the page until I agreed to the fee to continue. For me, TurboTax is not there for its customers and is not seeing the big picture - making filing taxes easier. I guess at the end of the day when I talked to a representative, my understanding is Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. I would suggest looking into another company, since TurboTax is not like it used to be.
Hi Sarah R 2018, Thank you for reaching out. We would like to get more information from you to see what happened and if there is anything we can do to resolve it, you can email us at email@example.com with the subject line “Sarah R 2018-iOS"
-TurboTax mobile team
Get all of your passes, tickets, cards, and more in one place.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.