How it works: Snap a photo of your W-2, answer simple questions about your life, and e-file securely from your iPhone or iPad. Simply swipe your way to your maximum tax refund, guaranteed. TurboTax asks coaches you every step of the way and automatically double-checks as you go, so you can be confident your taxes are done right.
Join the millions who file taxes with the TurboTax mobile app – free to file for simple tax returns. No tax knowledge needed.
• NEW: Real CPAs and EAs review your return, live from the app. With TurboTax Live, all advice or reviews from our tax experts are guaranteed, for 100% confidence.
• NEW: Driver's license/ID barcode scan instantly captures your info with your device's camera to give you a jump start on your taxes.
• Start for free - pay only when you file your tax return or pay for TurboTax using your federal tax refund. Fees apply.
• W-2 import – snap a photo of your W-2, verify your data, and we'll automatically put your information into all the right tax forms.
• CompleteCheck™ – Get the greenlight to file. Before you file, CompleteCheck™ will run an in-depth scan of your return and guide you through any final changes so you don’t miss a thing.
• Live on-screen video help with SmartLook™ - One-on-one help for answers, on demand. Your TurboTax specialist will provide customized answers to your questions and guide you by drawing on your screen. Fees apply.
• Face ID, Touch ID and Passcode - Get secure access on your mobile device using the latest technology.
• Fastest tax refund possible with e-file and direct deposit.
• We’ve got you covered for tax reform – when tax laws change, TurboTax changes with them, so you can be sure your tax return includes the latest IRS and state tax forms
• ExplainWhy™ - Understand the "why's" behind your tax refund, in a tap
• Coverage for any tax situation with our full product lineup: Free Edition, Deluxe, Premier, Self-Employed, and full TurboTax Live
• Searches 350+ tax deductions and credits to maximize your tax refund; not available in Free Edition and TurboTax Live Basic.
• Uncover industry specific deductions to get every deduction you deserve with TurboTax Self-Employed.
*TurboTax pricing is based on your tax situation and varies by product. Actual prices are determined at the time of print or e-file and are subject to change without notice. Special discount offers may not be valid for mobile in-app purchases.
*TurboTax Free Guarantee – $0 Federal + $0 State + $0 To File offer is available for simple tax returns with TurboTax Free Edition; offer may change or end at any time without notice. A simple tax return is Form 1040 only, with no attached schedules.
*On-screen expert Review by a CPA or EA is available on PC or laptop and when using a web browser on your mobile phone. When using the mobile app, expert review is available through a phone call only; on-screen review not available in the mobile app. Offline review and hand off of your return to an expert for full review and signature is available on PC or laptop and when using a web browser on your mobile phone; not available in the mobile app.
*100% Accurate Expert Approved Guarantee: If you pay an IRS or state penalty (or interest) because of an error that a TurboTax CPA, EA, or Tax Attorney made while providing topic-specific tax advice, a section review, or acting as a signed preparer for your return, we'll pay you the penalty and interest.
*SmartLook access to a TurboTax specialist is included with Deluxe, Premier, Self-Employed, and TurboTax Live; not included in Free Edition (but available as an upgrade). TurboTax specialists are available to provide general customer help and support using the TurboTax product, not tax advice. Service, area of expertise, experience levels, wait times, hours of operation and availability vary, and are subject to restriction and change without notice.
To learn how Intuit protects your privacy, visit: https://security.intuit.com/privacy
TurboTax has been working out this summer to be more lean, mean, and ready to do your taxes for 2018! We have updated the app to bring in all the latest 2018 tax code. We also have a handful of exciting new features this year:
• Real CPAs and EAs review your return, live from the app. With TurboTax Live, all advice or reviews from our tax experts are guaranteed, for 100% confidence.
• Driver's license/ID barcode scan instantly captures your info with your device's camera to give you a jump start on your taxes.
• Support for iOS 12
• Enhanced security features
• Added the ability to easily re-login with TouchID/FaceID after you've been out of the app for a while
Thanks for using the app!
Any feedback? E-mail us at TTAppFeedback@intuit.com
Ratings and Reviews
Extra Charges - Refusal to make it right
TurboTax is an awful company to try and communicate with. Their customer service is not able to help you resolve issues. You get passed around from person to person without getting their mistakes resolved. You cannot find a phone number to give a person a call. You have to sit around and wait for them to call you back and sometimes they do not call back.
I called to ask a question about the deluxe. Package and the state returns. The person who answered in a video chat gave false information about being able to file federal using Deluxe and then file using the traditional free filing for the state returns. That is not a true statement, so I filed using the Deluxe only to find out that was a lie. I was not able to undo my purchase and file the free way. I had moved this past year and they wanted to charge me for 2 state returns. They were very difficult to work with.
I have just checked my credit card statement and see that they charged me for both the deluxe and plus filing. The deluxe has all extra bells and whistles of the plus I would not purchase both. They tell me that I ordered both at the same time, which is not true because I have my receipt. They tell me there is nothing they can do and when I ask to talk with someone else they tell me I will have to wait 24-48 hours. They are an awful company in which to do business.
Developer Response ,
Thank you for reaching out, and we are so sorry to hear about the experience you had. We would like to get more information from you to see what happened and if there is anything we can do to resolve it, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “raebae20-iOS"
-TurboTax mobile team
I’ve never felt so robbed by a company. I have been filing my taxes for years with them and helped others do theirs too! I’m very proficient in how to work the app.
I have no children don't own a house so I don’t Itemize or do any fancy forms with my taxes so I have always payed for the $0 dollar taxes.
Somehow when I got to the end of filing my taxes it charged me almost 200 dollars in fees. I did not click anything that would make it do that. So I signed out of that email and used an old email to try to redo the taxes. Went through the whole process and it did the same thing. I really didn’t want to pay the fees but nor did I want to fill out my taxes for a third time. Hoping I could call turbo tax and get them to help me fix the fees I went ahead and filed! So when I called them and after and hour half on the phone mostly on hold they told me there was nothing they could do. They actually charged me for self employed plan when I had never chose that plan ever and would never. So they pretty much stole money from me and refused to give it back. Terrible customer service when it was a glitch in their system. Took 200 dollars for me and refused to help me. A loyal customer that will never go back nor recommend them anymore.
They try to comment about my situation on here and then ask me to email them what happened but never follow up and fix anything . Terrible company !!
Developer Response ,
Thanks so much for taking the time to share your feedback, as we understand this may have been a frustrating experience. We'd love to learn more about the issues you ran into. If you email us at Social_We_Care@intuit.com we would love to help out.
- TurboTax Mobile Team
TurboTax is going downhill
I originally used TurboTax in 2015. It followed by the IRS saying my information was obtained and steps to follow. From talking with other individuals and research, it sounded like this happened to TurboTax users. I switched to a different company, TaxAct, to complete my 2016 taxes. I returned to TurboTax in 2017 as it sounded like more security was in place and they had the flexibility of mobile filing. For someone who doesn’t have a working computer, this was a great option! Unfortunately, upon filing, the IRS rejected my information since I did not provide information from the previous year. TurboTax did not highlight this from the get go, but they had to problem requiring me to sign up for several other fees - the site required me to sign up and when I pressed the back button to go back to review my options, it kept refreshing the page until I agreed to the fee to continue. For me, TurboTax is not there for its customers and is not seeing the big picture - making filing taxes easier. I guess at the end of the day when I talked to a representative, my understanding is Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. I would suggest looking into another company, since TurboTax is not like it used to be.
Developer Response ,
Hi Sarah R 2018, Thank you for reaching out. We would like to get more information from you to see what happened and if there is anything we can do to resolve it, you can email us at email@example.com with the subject line “Sarah R 2018-iOS"
-TurboTax mobile team
Get all of your passes, tickets, cards, and more in one place.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.